Home
Feature Article
NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (2/12/16)

Hey guys, it’s Robby from Two Brothers Gaming again here with some more NBA 2K16 My Team Throwback Thursday card reviews! Every week in NBA 2K16’s My Team mode, there are Throwback Thursday cards released with specific players’ highlight seasons. Each week here on Operation Sports, I’ll be highlighting these players and showing you stats, badges, individual attributes, and everything related to each player. If you pull one of these cards, you’ll know what to do with them! Don’t forget to watch the accompanying video review as well.

Let’s get into it:

2003 Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks – 88 overall

This is a fantastic card, albeit a slight upgrade from Current Nowitzki. The upgrades are in the right places, with improved rebounding and a 99 post fadeaway rating. The only shortcoming of this Dirk, as in real life, is defense. Other than that, he seems very usable and is holding some value on the block.

2005 Caron Butler, Los Angeles Lakers -- 79 overall

This Butler is slightly better than the Heat version, but not by much. I don’t see a lot of value here.

2008 Glen Davis, Boston Celtics -- 74 overall

Davis doesn’t have much value other than being another card to up your collector level by. He’s too slow to be of much use.

2012 Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics – 96 overall

**NOTE-I will have a Gameplay Review of this card up at: http://www.youtube.com/xrobbyh14x/xrobbyh14x if you’d like to see Rondo in action!**

This is a replication of Rondo’s 44-point, 10-assist, 8-rebound outing in the playoffs in 2012. If you can get past Rondo’s lack of free throw and outside shooting, you can make the case that this is one of the best point guard cards in the game. With Rondo, and with your potential use of him, it’s all about your style of play. If you don’t need an outside shooter, this is the card for you. Rondo simply gets it done, and you can see more in the gameplay review I’ll have up soon.

That’s it for this week. If you’d like to see the players in-game, be on the lookout for more videos, and if you have any questions I can be reached on Twitter @twobrosgaming.

NBA 2K16 Videos