Home
Feature Article
NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (5/13/16)

Hey guys, it’s Robby from Two Brothers Gaming again here with some more NBA 2K16 My Team Throwback Thursday card reviews! Every week in NBA 2K16’s My Team mode, there are Throwback Thursday cards released with specific players’ highlight seasons. Each week here on Operation Sports, I’ll be highlighting these players and showing you stats, badges, individual attributes, and everything related to each player. If you pull one of these cards, you’ll know what to do with them! Don’t forget to watch the accompanying video review as well.

Let’s get into it:

1998 Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs—86 overall

This will be a bit of an underwhelming card for a lot of people that don’t use the post game much in NBA 2K16, but if you do, it’s a good solid mid-tier gold card. Remember, this is early Tim Duncan, and he developed more aspects of his game later on despite the strong start this card represents. I don’t see this card gaining a ton of use, but it’s not like it isn’t useful at all.

2009 Danny Granger, Indiana Pacers--85 overall

Onyx Granger was a favorite of mine last year for his size and amazing shooting, and this card, while solid, isn’t spectacular. He’s a good, smart player to have on your team, but not many stats of his stick out, and not having any badges really hurts him. I’ll pass on Granger this year.

2006 Udonis Haslem, Miami Heat--75 overall

I don’t see this card becoming a Budget Baller (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyUdVbJ0a6QlOpUKJRvfVf_DFrXp5fmYe for Budget Ballers) with anything, and I don’t see much use for having yet another Haslem besides collector level. He’s a scrappy player, and a good one, but the tier is too saturated with better players for me to give this card more than a passing glance.

That’s it for this week. If you’d like to see the players in-game, be on the lookout for more videos, and if you have any questions I can be reached on Twitter @twobrosgaming.

NBA 2K16 Videos