Home
Feature Article
NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (6/17/16)

Hey guys, it’s Robby from Two Brothers Gaming again here with some more NBA 2K16 My Team Throwback Thursday card reviews! Every week in NBA 2K16’s My Team mode, there are Throwback Thursday cards released with specific players’ highlight seasons. Each week here on Operation Sports, I’ll be highlighting these players and showing you stats, badges, individual attributes, and everything related to each player. If you pull one of these cards, you’ll know what to do with them! Don’t forget to watch the accompanying video review as well.

Let’s get into it:

2006 Dwyane Wade-- Miami Heat—98 overall

I’m interested in this card for several reasons, not the least of which is its effect on the other Wades on the market for Budget Ballers (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyUdVbJ0a6QlOpUKJRvfVf_DFrXp5fmYe for Budget Ballers).  That aside, the only knock on prior Wade cards would be outside shooting, but this one comes through with a serviceable 84 Standing Shot 3 rating and 31 badges. There really isn’t much to explain here—it’s a fantastic card, and there are reasons to believe it may be somewhat affordable as well, since there are a good amount of Diamond shooting guards on the market. Give it a shot!

2008 Caron Butler--Washington Wizards—83 overall

“Tough Juice” is a former All-Star and 20-point-per-game scorer, and this card reflects one of his better seasons. Still, Butler won’t find use by many people due to the glut of options available that are improvements over him. He has solid offense, average to below-average defense, and not much else. Unfortunately, I’ll be passing on Butler this week.

2008 David West, New Orleans Hornets --81 overall

West has been an underrated budget player for years due to his knack for hitting the mid range jumper and solid all-around game, but as I’ve said many times, at this point in the NBA 2K16 life cycle, West is a hard pass for me. I just can’t bring myself to spend the MT.

That’s it for this week. If you’d like to see the players in-game, be on the lookout for more videos, and if you have any questions I can be reached on Twitter @twobrosgaming.

NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NoLeafClover @ 06/17/16 09:40 PM
If you're going to post these all the time, can you at least go to the effort to write text for them here instead of just trying to milk YouTube views?

# 2 cosmosis @ 06/18/16 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
If you're going to post these all the time, can you at least go to the effort to write text for them here instead of just trying to milk YouTube views?
Yeah. Or post this crap in one thread.

# 3 Craxior @ 06/19/16 10:10 AM
He's an executive editor, therefore he can do whatever he pleases to do.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.