Home
Feature Article
The Best Players on New Teams in Madden NFL 17

As we approach the beginning of a new year in the NFL, it's finally time to speculate about the slew of players joining a new team in the 2016 NFL season. Whether it be through the NFL Draft or free agency, almost all available players have found a landing spot for the upcoming season. Some will make a gigantic impact, others may not even make the field. So which players, of those that will be playing with a new team, will be making the biggest impact in this year's Madden?

1. Ezekiel Elliot (Dallas Cowboys - NFL Draft): Perhaps the biggest splash in this year's NFL Draft came when the Cowboys took a home-run swing to get their next big offensive threat. Since the disappearance of DeMarco Murray, the Cowboys have found little use for their dominant run-blocking.

More so than any other pick in the draft, Elliot is going to have to have to battle huge expectations in Dallas.

2. Malik Jackson (Jacksonville Jaguars - Free Agency): For the first time in a long time, the Jacksonville Jaguars seem poised to make a push for the AFC South. Malik Jackson may have even cemented the team as early favorites to win the division. With an offense that seems ready to break out, Jackson could anchor what would have otherwise been a very stout defense already.

3. Carson Wentz (Philadelphia Eagles - NFL Draft): The Eagles have enough talent on both sides of the ball to compete, but it's hard to imagine them doing so with the inconsistency of Sam Bradford. More so than the Rams and Goff, the Eagles may be eager to push Wentz's development if they think they can push the NFC East for a playoff birth.

4. Josh Norman (Washington Redskins - Free Agency): It's becoming increasingly difficult to tell whether certain defenders are a product of the system or skilled individual players. In all likelihood, it's somewhere in between. But what we can be sure of is that any time the Redskins play the Giants this year, it will be must-see TV as Norman takes on Beckham Jr. In a way, it seems like the Redskins are building a defense that can take out the likes of OBJ and Dez Bryant.

5. Russell Okung (Denver Broncos - Free Agency): The Broncos lost quite a bit to free agency since their Super Bowl victory in February, but it's hard to imagine they wont be able to rebuild behind the likes of Okung. Perhaps one of the most intriguing things to watch will be how well the likes of Mark Sanchez and Paxton Lynch perform behind a really solid offensive line.

Member Comments
# 1 ThaBayouChef @ 07/07/16 08:29 AM
I like the addition of Demarco Murray in Tennessee. He either gives that team a great Madden RB, or a great puzzle piece for GM's who try and move him in favor of the rookie Derrick Henry. Either way, his addition allows for any Titans owner to be flexible in how they build that team.

# 2 SIR924 @ 07/07/16 10:05 AM
Don't know about that statement a little use for the cowboys run blocking, DMAC got over 1000 yrds rushing, and he didn't start a few games.

# 3 JayD @ 07/07/16 11:58 AM
Even though we spent a pretty penny on Alex Mack, I am very pleased to see him in a Falcons jersey. The last good center we had was Todd McClure from the early 2000's. Maybe now Matt Ryan will actually feel comfortable in the pocket and not fear for his life every down.

# 4 vrtkolman @ 07/07/16 02:17 PM
Russell Okung is on this list? Bahahaha!

# 5 sir psycho @ 07/07/16 02:25 PM
I'm surprised Martellus Bennett didn't make the list...him paired with Gronk will be a nightmare to try and stop.

# 6 redsox4evur @ 07/07/16 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
I'm surprised Martellus Bennett didn't make the list...him paired with Gronk will be a nightmare to try and stop.

People said the same about Scott Chandler last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 7 oneamongthefence @ 07/07/16 05:56 PM
How about that new head coach Sean Payton? That's a pretty good pickup. In all seriousness the Packers picking up Jared Cook is huge. He's the best TE the pack have had since Jermicheal Finley and makes an already explosive offense even better.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

# 8 J.Cole @ 07/07/16 08:50 PM
I'm excited about Wentz as an Eagles fans. Hopefully the devs have a brain fart and give him a superstar dev like they gave Barkley a few years ago.

# 9 ConnSKINS26 @ 07/07/16 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur

Martellus Bennett and Scott Chandler are not on the same planet as players. Bennett is arguably a top-8 NFL TE (on the low end) on his own.

# 10 magnusjolnaes @ 07/12/16 06:02 AM
Mark Sanchez. ...

# 11 J.Cole @ 07/15/16 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusjolnaes
Mark Sanchez. ...
Not gonna lie Mark Sanchez especially last yeareply was pretty bad, but if he can replicate what he did in 2014 with the eagles and be a average QB then Denver is in good hands until Lynch takes over.

# 12 Sheba2011 @ 07/15/16 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur

Chandler was terrible lol. Hopefully the black Unicorn is as good as advertised. I think the biggest impact of the Patriots new additions will be Chris Hogan. I see him taking over Lafells role (with less drops).

# 13 scoobyskyline3 @ 07/15/16 09:46 AM
Im a skins fan,id like to see Josh Norman and im excited his speed wont fall off the table to the fullback speed range and of course Keith Marshall will be this year's Dri Archer

# 14 Find_the_Door @ 07/17/16 06:17 AM
Excited for Elliott and Byron Jones getting a season under his belt at Free Safety.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.