Home
Feature Article
OS Awards: Best Dynasty Mode

The long-lasting Dynasty/Franchise/Association/Manager Modes began to really take hold about the same time Operation Sports came into existence. While we do not want to take credit for dynasty modes existing, you definitely cannot deny the correlation there either. Of course, this obviously also makes us undisputed experts in all matters relating to dynasty modes -- at least, that is our story if anyone calls us out.

Once again, readers and staff members alike overwhelmingly believed one choice among all of the nominees stood out above the rest, and that choice was NBA 2K10's Association mode. Association mode received almost 90 percent of the staff vote and 61 percent of the reader vote -- the latter of which is very impressive given the amount of diversity among OS readers. Association mode features complete NBA.com immersion, relevant commentary, a customizable NBA Draft, excellent player-management tools, and that's really only scratching the surface of what the mode offers. If you are a fan of dynasty modes, NBA 2K10's Association mode will make you a very happy camper.

Best Dynasty Mode: Association Mode

Jayson Young: For as many things that might have gone wrong with the actual gameplay in NBA 2K10, the series' Association mode is definitely one thing that 2K Sports got right. The dynasty modes across the entire EA Sports catalog just have not been very engaging on the current generation of consoles, and while some of 2K Sports' titles may be falling behind on the gameplay front, they are still way ahead of EA Sports when it comes to providing a deep and realistic dynasty experience.

Matthew Coe: NBA 2K10 is truly in a class by itself with Assocation mode. Complete immersion with NBA.com, more relevant commentary than ever, a fully customizable NBA Draft, training drills, contract negotiations, player roles, and so on make this mode a keeper. Association mode has it all and is a dynasty player's dream.

Dustin Toms: Definitely Association mode. The ability to control all 30 teams made this one of the more enjoyable franchise modes I have ever played. I love being able to control what each team does in the offseason, deciding when to blow up a team and when to pull the trigger at the deadline. The ability to control all the teams makes me take my dream season to the next level.

Christian McLeod: NBA 2K10's Association mode is quite possibly the deepest dynasty mode I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Not only does the mode offer quite possibly every feature a hardcore dynasty gamer could want, but it also utilizes the slick NBA.com interface to give the mode a presentation factor that many dynasty modes are sorely lacking. And as Dustin said, the ability to control all 30 teams within the mode allows gamers to play the role of a virtual David Stern, customizing the league as much or as little as they see fit.

Reader's Choice

Winner: NBA 2K10's Association mode

Voting Results: NBA 2K10's Association mode (61%), NCAA Football 10's Dynasty mode (14%), Madden NFL 10's Franchise mode (13%)

Reader Comments: Once again I have to go with PES 2010. Master League is phenomenal, and this time UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League are fully integrated as well. I get lost in this dynasty mode more than in any other game. -- DeftFundamentalz

I chose not to vote in this poll because, of the five choices, Madden and NCAA were the only ones I played, and neither one was anything to write home about. If NCAA Football gets even one vote, my mind will be blown since its dynasty mode was the same rinse and repeat we have gotten every year for what seems like forever now. -- warchantFTW

NBA 2K10's Association mode is the deepest and most addicting. The commentary and presentation never get stale, and the ability to edit your own draft class just makes it better. In addition, the ability to control all 30 teams, hiring/firing coaches, the D-League, restricted free agents and 10-day contracts make NBA 2K10's dynasty mode the most realistic and enjoyable out there. -- duckfever8

NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JkA3 @ 12/28/09 07:43 PM
I agree 100% here.

# 2 Shinyhubcaps @ 12/28/09 11:54 PM
No MLB 09? That's the only one that allows you to set ticket prices, etc. from the ones that I've played, as well as the development leagues and 40-man rosters that have been added or fortified. Of those that received votes, NBA 2K10 definitely has the best, especially since 2K9's was an unnavigable mess.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.