PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the US Open Cup?

lytic
06-10-2003, 02:08 AM
8 teams left... I'm going with KOTA.

Nyarlahotep
06-10-2003, 03:10 AM
I'm going with Apoc's team as well. He is quite focused on winning the US Open Cup this season.

KevinNU7
06-10-2003, 08:22 AM
What levels are these teams? Did anyone outside of D-I and Major make it?

vex
06-10-2003, 10:24 AM
DI is MLS.

The Wizards, Belgrade, Landfills, and D&D are ML teams.

KOTA and Valley Warriors are Div. II. (Warriors were ML last year, I think)

Then Dr. United and Pebble Street are the underdogs of the Cup as they are Div. III teams.

BillyNYC
06-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Wow I got a vote (and wasn't even from me...).

I'm in the majority in thinking KOTA will handle me and go on to win the Cup. He's obviously made the Cup first priority based on recent league matches, and has the team to win it. The 3 "upper" ML teams are battling for the ML title (and certainly have lower spirit...).

As for me (Shaolin, for those who don't know), I PIC'ed Sunday (and rested two guys with 2 yellows apiece), because I figured I'd lose anyway and wanted a decent shot Weds. To my shock, I win, resurrecting my ML survival plans. I'd have had a decent shot Weds., but my idiot 2nd midfielder got red-carded Sunday...so will be missed.

But after my bizarre win Sunday, would say anything's possible (and will also say, my match ratings will be much better Weds. than Sunday...inserting a titanic D with exc. form into the lineup tends to have that effect).

I think KOTA's too strong for me, especially at his place...if it was the two-legged semis, I'd feel more confident...

KevinNU7
06-10-2003, 04:20 PM
How did the DIII teams manage to get home field? Is it random?

DukeRulesMAB
06-10-2003, 04:47 PM
The lower seed always gets home field in the cup.

Nyarlahotep
06-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Yeah, being a low seed I really love that part. Unfortunately I will be seeded higher this season (last season I finished fourth despite winning evry game after taking over the team) and probably won't get as many home games. Those round 3-5 sell outs made for a nice chunk of loot.

TargetPractice6
06-10-2003, 06:35 PM
I've never has a home cup match... ever...

Oh yeah KOTA wins (but Currie still sucks).

BillyNYC
06-10-2003, 07:24 PM
I think I've had one home cup match in my nearly 7 seasons (and that was part of a two-leg semifinal versus Cyclones...)

lytic
06-10-2003, 11:50 PM
Yeah, no offense Billy, you've got an amazing team. I just think apoc's divine midfield is going to take him all the way this time. Good luck in the ML!!

apoc
06-11-2003, 01:47 AM
we can only hope lytic we can only hope :)