PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest in a FOFC OOTP5 league

GoldenEagle
06-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Would anyone be interested in a league? I bought the game, been playing all day and I like it alot. Bu the bread and butter of OOTP is multiplayer. But I dont want to get in a league with a bunch of fanboys who trade every 5 minutes. Any interest?

I could commish the league off the grou,d I have had exerience with OOTP before. However when school returns, I will not have as much time.

But again this just an interest gauging thread.

illinifan999
06-14-2003, 10:04 PM
Well if you cant get this one started RWBL sounds like it was pretty good. Bunch of fofc guys in it (or used to).

McSweeny
06-14-2003, 10:29 PM
i'd probably be interested in this... there is/was is another FOF league floating around a few months ago but i didn't think i'd have the time for it then. but it sounds like fun.

are you thinking real players, fictional, or historical? redraft or preset rosters? real or fictional teams? etc etc etc

GoldenEagle
06-14-2003, 10:42 PM
Well, I think in order to make a league to succeed you have to do what the owners want.

Personally I would like to start in the 2003 season with real rosters with no draft. But I am open to any ideas and I think a fictional league would be fun too.

If this is put together, I would also like to get dynasty writers invovled, as I think that would be interesting.

Blackadar
06-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Is Kevin From Dell running this one too?

GoldenEagle
06-14-2003, 11:00 PM
I can assure he is not.

Swaggs
06-15-2003, 12:26 AM
GE, here is the link to the RWBL: RWBL (http://www.rwbl.ootp-leagues.com/)

FOFCers make up about 80-90% of our owners. It sounds as if you are looking to a league similar to ours. We began the league in 2002 about this time last May, so it may be too far into the future for your liking, but feel free to drop by and check it out.

Hell Atlantic was also recently working on a league composed of primarily FOFCers, so you may want to check w/ him, as well.

Happy29
06-15-2003, 12:28 AM
How about it GoldenEagle, Blackadar? Let's give a hand to the two people !

GoldenEagle
06-15-2003, 12:48 AM
Swaggs,

The website is great. Ill have my open for any future openings.

But I figure with a new blood of FOFCers, there could be some others interetsed.

Daimyo
06-15-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
But I dont want to get in a league with a bunch of fanboys who trade every 5 minutes.

You should check out www.thefobl.com

We do trade a lot, but we're about as far as can be from fanboys. I bet half of us haven't even purchased v5 yet (although we will be upgrading pretty soon probably) and usually our tri-weekly live sim chats involve a good bit of OOTP bashing.

If you do start your own league good luck. FOFC has spawned at least two leagues now and both seem to be going strong (FOBL is just about 26 months old and RWBL has to be a year by now) so I have no doubt that this is a good place to recruit from for a new league as long as you don't let Hornsmaniac in.

Happy29
06-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Hey GoldenEagle... why not talk about the controversial members now huh ?

Neuqua
06-15-2003, 01:54 AM
vtub talked about having an opening in his MLBEuro league, you might want to take a peek at the thread for that.

I'm too lazy to find it for you now.

Happy29
06-15-2003, 03:11 AM

3ric
06-15-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Neuqua
vtub talked about having an opening in his MLBEuro league, you might want to take a peek at the thread for that.

I'm too lazy to find it for you now.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10307

NoMyths
06-15-2003, 06:22 AM
Leave that FOBL (http://www.thefobl.com) alone...I understand that it's all friendly and cuddly at first, but it'll up and bite you on the lip quicker than you can say persnickety!

Chief Rum
06-15-2003, 09:38 AM
pers...persnicka...presnik...umm...persin--Ah, fuck it!

CR

GoldenEagle
06-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Does the FOBL have any openings?

Vince
06-15-2003, 01:44 PM
Though not quite as active as FOBL or RWBL, the CFBL (another FOFC-based league) has two current openings. Check us out at this link (www.lasselanta.net/cfbl).

Blackadar
06-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Happy29

He can talk. Can you?

Guess not. :)

NoMyths
06-15-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
Does the FOBL have any openings?
A recent opening was filled by long-time vulture frozenrope. While openings have been rare over the last year or so (real-time), interested folks are encouraged to maintain a presence on the forums, writing news stories about players and teams and such. If a potential owner hasn't been a (likeable) presence on the forums, it's incredibly unlikely that they would be selected for a team. The FOBL is widely acknowledged as one of the premier OOTP leagues on the net, and as such we get a bit territorial...want to make sure the right kind of people are enjoying the thing with us. :)