PDA

View Full Version : FOF Historical Society Site problem

Dutch
06-15-2003, 06:23 AM
I have never been able to log on tothe FOF Historical Society site. Has anybody had bad luck with this?

http://www.cflfb.com/FOF/fof.htm

MIJB#19
06-15-2003, 06:27 AM
LOL, just seconds ago I decided to visit that site and I'm viewing the front page right now.

3ric
06-15-2003, 06:47 AM
You mean the message board there? I'm not having a problem myself, but I guess it could be that the website cookies aren't saved on your machine...

Dutch
06-15-2003, 08:48 AM
No, I cannot even get to the site. My guess is it must be something to do wtih me being in Turkey.

3ric
06-15-2003, 10:15 AM
Goverment censorships maybe? Do you want me to email you the content of the pages?

Senator
06-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Turkey won't let you on the site? I have yet to hear that before. I would be curious as to why this is. You can access this site, but not that one. Strange.

Dutch
06-15-2003, 11:54 AM
I can get to most any sites, but because of the slow connects from Turkey back to the real world, the web provider might have a timeout rule or something in effect.

Not that I've ever heard of such a thing, mind you, but it seems like something like that. It shows me starting to connect, but then dies. It's been like that since the first time I tried a couple of months ago.

3ric,

If it's not a lot of trouble, I would be grateful.

I'll be back in the States (Louisiana) in October and putting up with this 3rd world internet service will be history! :D (Provided that Louisiana isn't 3rd world....)

MIJB#19
06-16-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Dutch
I'll be back in the States (Louisiana) in October and putting up with this 3rd world internet service will be history! :D (Provided that Louisiana isn't 3rd world....) And then just months ago we were talking about Turkey joining the EU.

Not allowed to visit FOFC's Historical rosters/drafts site?
Not part of the EU, simpe as that.
;)

superbama
06-16-2003, 05:42 AM
I went there to find out what a dolamite was and all it has is crap about fucking some game, geez. :)

Dutch
06-16-2003, 12:28 PM
And then just months ago we were talking about Turkey joining the EU.

They have a better shot of joining NAFTA! Turks don't make good Germans! :)

Not allowed to visit FOFC's Historical rosters/drafts site?
Not part of the EU, simpe as that.

They were gracious enough not to know how to censor the e-mail sent with the site data from 3ric. :)

Thanks very much, btw, I will definately check them out soonest! Very impressive!

MIJB#19
06-17-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Dutch
Turks don't make good Germans! :)Actually they do, about 10 million in fifty years.
Unless they are all bad Germans...

MIJB#19
06-17-2003, 05:57 AM
dola.
Dutch, I forgot a ":)".

3ric, if you're reading this, since it is basically on topic as well, I'm testing the utility with FOF2 and so far I have some recomendations on renaming the column (if that is possible.)

3ric
06-17-2003, 10:26 AM
Sure! I'll happily listen to any recommendations, especially on FOF2 since I don't have it anymore and am unable to test properly on that format.

Dutch
06-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Actually they do, about 10 million in fifty years.
Unless they are all bad Germans...

Well, the way the Turks talk about the Germans and when I lived in Germany, the way the Germans talked about the Turks, I would guess they would be very, very bad Germans.

It's no wonder they lost the first world war if they both hated each other so much!

MIJB#19
06-17-2003, 01:01 PM
3ric, great.
So far, it seems changing draft files works. I've been editing a "borrowed" file through your utility and I haven't noticed other problems then the knowing endurance=2 bug.
It seems there are 3 hidding ratings, 1 for passing, 1 for rushing and 1 for kickoffs.
More to come later though...

Dutch, I was referring to the big number of Turkish immigrants in Germany. In about 50 years there will be about 10 million of them (if I'm not misscalculating and exagerating(sp?).)
<s>Since you used to have your own website with fof files: do you have that draft import enhancement for fof2 to create random endurance ratings? I can't find that file and I'd really like to use that to support the testing I was referring to towards 3ric.</s>

EDIT: forget the last sentance, I just found the utility...