PDA

View Full Version : QotM Moderation

John Galt
06-16-2003, 10:25 AM
I've shifted to a biweekly schedule for review of the quotes as the pace of quote addition has slowed. These were the quotes submitted for review:

Hey, if the Tooth Fairy, Mike Ditka, and Schmidty's Collosal Penis were in a footrace, who would win?

Whoa... Newman just blew an engine! What's that goin to do for your credit rating ?

After watching tonight's episode of World Sex Tour on the Playboy Channel and John Holmes' style of play, I know now what NOT to do. He should've been MUCH more aggressive pre-flop.

It's been decades since I've seen a women prison movie, the kind where everyone is in a tight gray t-shirt and everyone is named Honey.

Leanr what th eterm trolling means before you accuse people of doing it, jackass.

I think that any magazine named"Stuff" obviously lacks focus.

Sounds like the thing to do after getting a pink slip is masturbate all over the FOFC.

The metic system has never caught in America, except in the case of the nine millimeter bullet

This is a FOFC forum? I though it was a hattrick forum...

The hemmeril or anusol suppositories work best and better than the creme in my opinion.

The only quote that I am not posting is, "Leanr what th eterm trolling means before you accuse people of doing it, jackass," in part because it is virtually unreadable, but also because of jackass being a personal attack on someone here. If somebody wants to resubmit it, spelled right, and without jackass, I'll post it.

Overall, this weeks quotes are pretty bad and very adult themed. I hope that the next two weeks will be better.

KWhit
06-16-2003, 10:28 AM
This is pretty unreadable too (and I don't get it):

The hemmeril or anusol suppositories work best and better than the creme in my opinion.

John Galt
06-16-2003, 10:29 AM
I'm also removing a quote that I've eliminated a few times before, but seems to have reappeared (I'm not sure how). Anyway, the quote to be removed is:

"Subby is Greek for Ham-Fisted Cunt"

I would ask that whoever keeps submitting this quote refrain from doing so. It offends a number of people on this board.

GrantDawg
06-16-2003, 10:30 AM
What's the metic system?

illinifan999
06-16-2003, 10:31 AM
See Balldog's Hemroid thread. All you answers lie within that single thread.

John Galt
06-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by GrantDawg
What's the metic system?

It is correct in the QotM. It was my mistake in the cutting and pasting.

QuikSand
06-16-2003, 11:07 AM
Is there anything on that list that makes the FOFC experience more enjoyable for anyone?

I'm not suggesting that this should be the standard for what gets "accepted" by whatever process we have (or that we ought to have any standard - I don't really care). But... why are things like this being submitted? Are they funny? Interesting? Any of them?

JAG
06-16-2003, 11:15 AM
With all the poker threads recently, I liked the more aggressive pre-flop quote. The rest of em I could do without. It's a shame too, I feel like I usually see some pretty good quotes and these are the ones that get submitted. (until just now, I couldn't view the quote list / submit a quote at all)

Subby
06-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by John Galt
I'm also removing a quote that I've eliminated a few times before, but seems to have reappeared (I'm not sure how). Anyway, the quote to be removed is:

"Subby is Greek for Ham-Fisted Cunt"

I would ask that whoever keeps submitting this quote refrain from doing so. It offends a number of people on this board. I hate Anti-Greekite humor as much as the next guy. Let's all work together to stamp out racism by not submitting this quote anymore!

Up with Greeks!

Fritz
06-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Subby
I hate Anti-Greekite humor as much as the next guy. Let's all work together to stamp out racism by not submitting this quote anymore!

Up with Greeks!

are the greeks a race?

Subby
06-16-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Fritz
are the greeks a race? Uh, have you ever seen one of those hairy bastards? I sure hope they are!

Samdari
06-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by KWhit
This is pretty unreadable too (and I don't get it):

Hopefully, you will never have to.

Check the hemmorhoid thread for context.

Dutch
06-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Quicksand,

I figure that a majority of the 1st timers to this board assume that Football Mogul has simply got to be better than FOF based on the ammount of junior high humor blaring from the top of every page you go to.

How many inside jokes are funny to somebody who doesn't have a clue what they mean? And how many people who do know the inside joke think they are funny more than twice?

Just observations, don't start screaming at me trying to be an anti-QOTM Nazi or something or I'll punch you in the head for being a QOTM weenie. :)

But in any event......the Quote of the Moment would be better if the QOTM's expired after 24 hours or EVEN BETTER! If it disappeared all together!

cuervo72
06-16-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Dutch
Quicksand,

I figure that a majority of the 1st timers to this board assume that Football Mogul has simply got to be better than FOF based on the ammount of junior high humor blaring from the top of every page you go to.

As an aside - when I first came to this board, I was looking for strategies (I had read elsewhere that FOF was a better series than Football Mogul), and figured they would be in the "Strategy" forum. Well, nobody ever posts over there, so I strolled over here...where things are much more interesting :)

Anrhydeddu
06-16-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Dutch
Quicksand,

How many inside jokes are funny to somebody who doesn't have a clue what they mean? And how many people who do know the inside joke think they are funny more than twice?

Just observations, don't start screaming at me trying to be an anti-QOTM Nazi or something or I'll punch you in the head for being a QOTM weenie. :)

But in any event......the Quote of the Moment would be better if the QOTM's expired after 24 hours or EVEN BETTER! If it disappeared all together!

SkyDog has promised that we would have alternate non-QotM skins with the default for guests being not seeing the QotM. That would take care of everyone's concerns, as had been stated when this issue first came up.

albionmoonlight
06-16-2003, 01:20 PM
I am all for skins.

Ben E Lou
06-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
SkyDog has promised that we would have alternate non-QotM skins with the default for guests being not seeing the QotM. I'm not sure "promised" is entirely accurate there. If I recall, someone suggested it, and I said that sounds good to me, and if shorty or someone else creates such skins, it would be implemented. It certainly don't see it as an urgent matter though. Unless I'm specifically looking to read the QOTM, I don't even notice it 'way up at the top of the screen.

stkelly52
06-16-2003, 03:22 PM
I am just curious if the QOTM has been fixed some how.

I am a bit bored so I just refreshed a page about 40 times and I got my get rid of the kleenex quote only about 3 times. Before I would have gotten it about 10-15 times. It is nice to see more variety up there.

John Galt
06-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by stkelly52
I am just curious if the QOTM has been fixed some how.

I am a bit bored so I just refreshed a page about 40 times and I got my get rid of the kleenex quote only about 3 times. Before I would have gotten it about 10-15 times. It is nice to see more variety up there.

It hasn't been fixed that I know of. I even have the Kleenex quote on this page. Shorty did say that the problem would improve once a certain threshold of quotes was passed. Maybe we are close to that point.