PDA

View Full Version : PING: Football fans

ice4277
06-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Is it football season yet?

Seriously, doesn't this offseason seem like its taking forever?

June/July=worst two sports months ever.

Just felt the need to get that off my chest.

scooper
06-17-2003, 10:47 AM
I've been pinged!!!!

I've been pinged!!!!

Whoa, that was Steve Martin/The Jerk-like. Funny thing is, our new phone books came today and my new address and number are now in there.

On topic, yes it is taking forever, especially when as Bengals fan, I am witnessing the biggest rash of changes in club history. The team is actually getting a lot of positive ink from reporters and other team execs. Now we have to wait months to see if any of it will actually show.

That and I'm eager to see what Ty Willingham has up his sleave for act 2.

RawIsDan
06-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ice4277
Is it football season yet?

Seriously, doesn't this offseason seem like its taking forever?

June/July=worst two sports months ever.

Just felt the need to get that off my chest.

I agree this is the worst part of the offseason.

Ben E Lou
06-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Sheesh, you people must not be real football fans. I posted this in another thread. Some of the BEST football stuff is happening right now!

Summer Camps--Recruits-to-be are at camps all over the land during these months, showcasing their wares.

Rumors--This is THE BEST time for rumors and conjecture regarding which kids are going to be ranked where when the full-fledged recruting starts in the fall.

Offers--This is the time of year when they start to begin pouring in. My boy Thomas Brown (of "that boy run so good, it make your DICK hard" fame) has 18 offers. It is exciting to begin to see where kids stack up. It was also a thrill to get word a few weeks ago that another Tucker Tiger, DE Brandon Lang, got an offer from FSU.

Rankings--Rivals has lengthened their eventual "Top 100" list to 35 names now. It is tantalizing to see the rankings expand each week.

Videos--Yet another Darius Walker video went up just this morning on Rivals.com. That kid looks VERY impressive as well.

Commentary--"Some are saying that he's better than the J-Train..." was by Thomas' name yesterday. (For the record, I agree wholeheartedly.)

I enjoy this time even more than the signing period.

scooper
06-17-2003, 11:45 AM
Darius Walker would look reallll good running out of that tunnel with the sun shining off his golden helmet. Wouldn't the Dog fans love that? ;)

Actually, he was one of the first players offered by the Irish this year, and Ty doesn't hand out offers like it's candy (unlike most coaches.) He talks to the kids and gets to know them before offering. That speaks well for his character that Ty has offered him.

bbor
06-17-2003, 11:59 AM
Football fans?...Sheesh...you guys are on the wrong board.....The football fans are all on the Hattrick board:)

FrogMan
06-17-2003, 12:07 PM
GO ALOUETTES!!! :D

Ben E Lou
06-18-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by scooper
Darius Walker would look reallll good running out of that tunnel with the sun shining off his golden helmet. Wouldn't the Dog fans love that? ;)Well, if Thomas goes to Georgia, we'll be ok. ;)

I never forgave Adrian Jarrell. He went to Clarke Central High School, right behind Sorority Row in Athens, and that traitor sold his soul to Satan, spending his college career at the Northern Indiana Institute of Evil Studies.

Alf
06-18-2003, 07:51 AM
I am preparing for my Keeper League Fantasy Football Draft.

Right now : deciding who to keep and who to cut (might post for advice here)

Mid-July : start the draft so that we can do something related to football in July and hope none of our players get injured in meaningless pre-season games...