PDA

View Full Version : Ping Bucc, I mean Andzqualdfjsdfjaksdf

John Galt
06-17-2003, 01:39 PM
I saw this in baseballprospectus's quotes of the week and thought of you and your rants. I'm not sure what it means, but it was kind of funny.

"You can't be a micro-manager if you don't micro-manage."
--Boone, Reds manager (Dayton Daily News)

Anrhydeddu
06-17-2003, 01:51 PM
I think you misinterpreted that quote, it's not a yogism. It's like saying "you can't be a programmer if you don't program".

John Galt
06-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
I think you misinterpreted that quote, it's not a yogism. It's like saying "you can't be a programmer if you don't program".

I don't think I ever really interpreted it. I didn't think it was necessarily agreeing with you, but it is funny to think a real-life baseball manager is telling the media whether he is "micro-managing." I guess I just found it odd and forever associate micro-management with your rants.

Anrhydeddu
06-17-2003, 02:07 PM
I understand, John. A manager should micro-manage, a GM should not, imo. Some of us wants to be a GM, some wants to be a manager while many wants both (or at least the three parts that Mac is talking about). I wish I remembered what mi old signature was, that was the best definition of micro-management. :)

Marmel
06-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Micro-management - not for the old-fashioned, lazy game player.

At least I thought it was something like that. ;)

Anrhydeddu
06-17-2003, 02:16 PM
That too. :)

Buzzbee
06-17-2003, 03:59 PM
I understand, John. A manager should micro-manage, a GM should not, imo. Some of us wants to be a GM, some wants to be a manager while many wants both (or at least the three parts that Mac is talking about). I wish I remembered what mi old signature was, that was the best definition of micro-management. :)

Micro-Management (My-Crow Man-Ij-Ment) Noun The property of having to spend WAY too much time on some tedious task in order to increase one's gaming performance by miniscule amounts.

Here ya go Buccanrhyddedu. I'm kinda proud of it myself.

And by the way, here's the link to the thread.

Link to FOFC Dictionary (http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=012705)

Anrhydeddu
06-17-2003, 04:01 PM
God bless you, Buzzbee. Sorry I forgot that it was you who made that great quote.

Buzzbee
06-17-2003, 04:06 PM
God bless you, Buzzbee. Sorry I forgot that it was you who made that great quote.

No problem. Having you use it as your sig was flattery enough. Now, where's my Mike Vick jersey... :D

kcchief19
06-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Just to clarify -- I just want to make sure that no one is actually endorsing the Bob Boone Theory of Managing a Baseball Team. In his KC days, the local rag had a Boone-o-Meter to track the number of games the Royals had played in a season and the number of different lineups he used. Amazingly enough, I believe one season Boonie managed to field 150 different lineups.

korme
06-17-2003, 07:58 PM
his style has never changed in Cincinnati.. unfortunately