PDA

View Full Version : List your favorite players on your favorite team

Kodos
06-18-2003, 01:13 PM
I like to insert classic players into my Madden dynasties to make things more interesting. Playing against a Bears team that features Walter Payton and members of the '85 defense is more interesting than one with Anthony Thomas. Please list your favorite all-time players by teams if you'd like, and feel free to include jersey numbers and whatever you think their particular strengths were. Who knows, this may at some point become a dynasty...

Anyhow, thanks in advance, and hopefully this will be a fun thing for you guys to post about. It's been kinda slow around here lately.

scooper
06-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Um. Anthony Munoz, #78 best left tackle ever and.......

and........

and........

Oh, Anthony Mu.....Doh!!!!

Ummm, Boomer was OK, #7. Left, great at the play action.

Marmel
06-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Anthony Thomas of the Bears.

Kodos
06-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Marmel
Anthony Thomas of the Bears.

Jackass! :p

Kodos
06-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by scooper
Um. Anthony Munoz, #78 best left tackle ever and.......

and........

and........

Oh, Anthony Mu.....Doh!!!!

Was that before or after the flap-o-leg incident? ;)

scooper
06-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Flap-o-leg was Tim Krumrie, another of my favorite players. He will this year be ruining the defensive line in Buffalo.

tucker342
06-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Jerry Rice - greatest wide receiver of all time

Kodos
06-18-2003, 01:31 PM
That's right. Krumrie. My bad.

Aesyrqwe
06-18-2003, 01:35 PM
One word...

URLACHER!!!

'nough said.

oh and strengths, um does everything count? Well dont give him any skills as a QB. I mean what the hell was Shoop thinking?!?!

-Aes-

mckerney
06-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Jim Kleinsasser, TE #40 of the Vikes would probably top the list of my favorite Vikings, though blocking TEs seem pretty worthless in Madden.

korme
06-18-2003, 01:39 PM
James Brooks, RB tandem with Ickey Woods in the late 80's.

Brooks #21 Woods #30

cthomer5000
06-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Ray Lucas - QB - New York Jets (rutgers alum). I forget his jersey number, since he wore 2 different ones during his NY days.

yes, he is my favorite player. It's more fun to be a fun of a marginal player than an obvious great.

Curtis Martin - 28 - New York Jets A complete class act, and a solid-but-unspectacular runner.

Franklinnoble
06-18-2003, 01:42 PM
My favorite team is the Washington Redskins. Here are my favorite players, by position:

QB - Mark Rypien - #11. Insane? Maybe... definately not the best of all the great Redskins QB's of all time, but of all the ones that I've seen, nobody had a better season than he did in 1991.

RB - John Riggins - #44. Played games hungover and/or drunk. Played while wearing a mohawk. May have been drunk while playing with mohawk. Who knows? Had more personality than any other player in Redskins history, and I'll never forget him in Super Bowl 17.

FB - Gerald Riggs - #37. Made Ernest Byner look like a stud in '91, and was Mr. Short Yardage that year.

WR - Art Monk - #81. Consummate professional, and a real class act. I was disappointed that they didn't let him finish his career in Washington.

TE - I can't really name too many Redskins TE's. Maybe Clint Didier?

P - Jeff Hayes - #5 (I think). Ran a botched snap in for a touchdown once.

K - Mark Moseley - #3. I almost went with Chip Lohmiller... but Moseley was the league's last straight-ahead kicker.

DE - Charles Mann & Dexter Manley - Mann was a class act and a reliable, durable player. Manley was hopped up on coke and played like it during his brief career - he was nearly unstoppable.

DT - Dave Butz - #65. Huge man. Impossible to run up the middle against him. The Redskins run defense was one of the best in history when Butz was in his prime.

LB- LaVar Arrington - #56. Knocked out Troy Aikman for good. I'll never forget that play. Wilbur Marshall was a close second - but he played most of his career in Chicago.

CB - Champ Bailey - #24. What? Not Darrell Green? I'll tell you why not Darrell Green. Darrell Green was an asshole and wouldn't sign an autograph for my kid brother once. He only sells his autographs. To his credit, the money goes to some charity, but that still pisses me off. Besides, if I had to take one CB in his prime to shut down a WR on the most important play of the season, I'd still probably pick Bailey.

S - I can't really name any great Redskins safeties, either. **Edit** - I just remembered - I think Mike Nelms was a safety, although I remember him more as a KR/PR

Fritz
06-18-2003, 01:44 PM
I mostly love the current Fins, but put Webb and Stephenson on the line and bring back McDuffie!

Samdari
06-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Carmelo Anthony, Syracuse Orangemen

DOH!

Craptacular
06-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Hmm, Blair Kiel? Or Anthony Dilweg?

mckerney
06-18-2003, 01:52 PM
Jim Thorpe, Canton Bulldogs, 21

5'11", 185 lbs. First made football team at Carlisle Univeristy after Pop Warner got feed up with Thorpe bugging him and let him run the ball, and he took it the length of the field against Carlisles varsity defense. Punted ball 90 yards, hit 75 yard FGs, ran over Knute Rockne en route to 60 yard TD, Dwight Eisenhower suffered injuries that ended his football career trying to tackle Thorpe. Won 1912 Olympic gold medals in decathalon and pentathalon, finished first in 9 of the 15 events. Harvard football coach declared him "the theoretical superplayer in flesh and blood."

primelord
06-18-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Aesyrqwe
One word...

URLACHER!!!

'nough said.

oh and strengths, um does everything count? Well dont give him any skills as a QB. I mean what the hell was Shoop thinking?!?!

-Aes-

Bears fans crack me up. You didn't say this, but your statement reminded me of something. I have had numerous Bears fans tell me that Urlacher is the greatest middle line backer ever. Which is just amazing to me considering right now he is probably only the 3rd best Bears middle line backer ever.

I try not to debate to much about players I never saw play so I won't say too much about Butkis otehr than most football fans consider him the greatest middle linebacker in history. But I can tell you one thing. To this point Urlacher hasn't done anything to show me he is a better linebacker than Singletary was. He is faster than Singletary was, but doesn't have a nose for the football like Singletary did. Teams showed last year that you can find ways to limit Urlachers effectiveness specifically if he is missing those two big DT's plugging up the middle. You couldn't game plan around Singletary he was unstoppable.

Now I am not saying when it is all said and done Urlacher won't have surpassed him, and I think he is easily the best middle linebacker in the game right now. But it's a little early to be crowning him the greatest ever.

primelord
06-18-2003, 01:58 PM
Dola,

And speaking of Bears players one of my favorite players of all time was Tom Waddle. I loved that guy! No size, no speed, but had absolutely no fear and would take any hit you could lay on him. I remember a game in 92 where the Bears were driving down the field late in the 4th quarter and Waddle kept getting his number called over the middle. Twice they had to drag him off the field and revive him with smelling salts and he still managed to cath the game winner in the end zone.

Marmel
06-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Kodos
Jackass! :p

that was one of my most clever posts ever at FOFC.

:(
I guess that is not saying much.

mckerney
06-18-2003, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't say that Urlacher is better than Butkus. If he wants to be mentioned in the same category, he should go for Butkus's record of four personal fouls in a preseason game. And he'll have to start calling timeouts at the end of lopsided games so he can hit more people, and challenge the whole sideline of a team to fight.

Hell, Butkus was named the 2nd most feared defensive player by quarterbacks, and that was more than twenty years after he retired.

Aesyrqwe
06-18-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by primelord
Bears fans crack me up. You didn't say this, but your statement reminded me of something. I have had numerous Bears fans tell me that Urlacher is the greatest middle line backer ever. Which is just amazing to me considering right now he is probably only the 3rd best Bears middle line backer ever.

I try not to debate to much about players I never saw play so I won't say too much about Butkis otehr than most football fans consider him the greatest middle linebacker in history. But I can tell you one thing. To this point Urlacher hasn't done anything to show me he is a better linebacker than Singletary was. He is faster than Singletary was, but doesn't have a nose for the football like Singletary did. Teams showed last year that you can find ways to limit Urlachers effectiveness specifically if he is missing those two big DT's plugging up the middle. You couldn't game plan around Singletary he was unstoppable.

Now I am not saying when it is all said and done Urlacher won't have surpassed him, and I think he is easily the best middle linebacker in the game right now. But it's a little early to be crowning him the greatest ever.

cut us bears fans some slack.. We need someone out there to cheer for. i mean its the fricking Bears for crying out loud!

-Aes-

Franklinnoble
06-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Bears fans haven't been the same since the loss of Chris Farley.

Aesyrqwe
06-18-2003, 02:16 PM
(Farley pounding chest repeatedly)
You all right there?

(Farley)Yeah just having a heart attack...
All done..

So how many does that make for ya?

(Farley)Oh that makes a bakers dozen

Ive only had 6

Well that gives you something to shoot for..

(sorry, I know its not word for word, but you get the picture..)

-Aes-

Aylmar
06-18-2003, 02:31 PM
Jack Lambert -- The best middle linebacker in history? Tough call between him and Butkus. Personally, I'd take Lambert...but I'm biased. :)

Joe Greene -- My favorite Joe Greene story is the one about him walking over to a screaming Butkus during his (Greene's) first or second year in the league and spitting right in his face. Forgive me if the exact timing isn't right. I heard that story on an NFL Films production several years ago and the details of exactly when it happened escape me...

Greg Lloyd -- Hmm...I seem to have a fondness for "mean" players. Lloyd was a monster at outside linebacker...not bad for a guy that Chuck Noll had to be begged to look at.

Rod Woodson -- I still remember the Sports Illustrated article about Woodson before the '94 season (when he blew out his knee). Forgive the paraphrase.. "Comparing Deion Sanders to Rod Woodson is an insult to Rod Woodson. Deion can cover, but Rod does it all."

Barry Sanders -- I loved to watch him run. Legs going one way...body going another. :)

There are several more...but not enough time... :)

Tigercat
06-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Current: Duence Mcallister and Michael Lewis

All time:Pat Swilling, Sam Mills, Vaughn Johnson, Rickey Jackson (the 4 Saints LBs that all went to the pro bowl at the same time)

ColtCrazy
06-18-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm sticking with just the Indianapolis Colts, not Baltimore, since that's who I like. Though, if they leave someday, I might become a Bengal fan.

Mine, by position:

QB-Peyton Manning. By default. Manning drives me nuts with his decisions he makes at times, but when you are going up against Harbaugh, George, and Hogeboom(or Blair Kiel), there's not a lot of competition. Honorable mention though to Jack Trudeau.

RB-Albert Bentley. Caught 70 passes at HB before Larry Centers dominated the league. Could run, but never got the chance when Dickerson came to town. Tough man.

WR-Marvin Harrison and Billy Brooks. Along with Bentley, my favorite Colts ever. Billy was quiet, unassuming, but a solid posession receiver. Harrison is the man.

TE-Ken Dilger. I miss him on the team. Dallas helps though.

OL- Ray Donaldson, Chris Hinton, Jeff Saturday. Donaldson went on the win Super Bowls with Dallas and could be a HOFer someday. Hinton was acquired in the Elway trade...an amazing blocker....only to be given away in the Jeff George trade. Saturday has been bounced around the line, landing at center where he is totally underrated.

DE-Chukie Nworkie- Watch his fumble return TD against the Jets when Vinny tried the tackle him. Classic. From Purdue, he's a fan fav, and a hard worker.

DT-Steve Emtman, Ellis Johnson, Tony Siragusa- Emtman has HUGE potential. 2 knee injuries did him in. Best play, 90 yard INT return (Yes, 90 yard return by a DT!!) against Dolphins. Ellis was undersized, but played well for us. The Goose was probably the Colt with the best personality.

LB-Jeff Herrod-Never made Pro Bowl despite years with 150+ tackles.

CB-Big Play Ray Buchanon- Another example of Tobin's refusal to resign the Defense that took us to the AFC Championship (the D did it, not Harbaugh)

S-Jason Belser. Classic act on the field. Overachiever on it.

P-Ron Stark- One of the few bright spots of the mid-80s. A punter. :rolleyes:

K-Vanderjagt

Kodos
06-18-2003, 02:46 PM
To expand on primelord's point, I would rather get hit by Urlacher than Singletary. Although, realistically, both would kill me. :)

BTW, I am looking more for retired players, as guys like Urlacher are already in the game. :)

Usually, I will edit out say, Jon Kitna, and replace him with Boomer Esiason. Just as an example.

Samdari
06-18-2003, 02:49 PM
Can we get Mike Nelms to return punts? Guy thought the fair catch was illegal. Never saw him call one, never saw him drop the ball after getting creamed, and he really did get creamed.

JeeberD
06-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Emmitt Smith

Jay Novacek

Darryl Johnston

Roger Staubach

Kenneth Gant (one of the most charismatic Cowboys of the 90's)

Bill Bates (an all-time great special teamer)

Billy Davis (just 'cause he went to the same high school as me)

Darren Woodson

Kodos
06-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Sorry, but I reserve the Cowboys as one of my All Evil teams. Jerks like Romanowski, Moss, Owens, etc, get concentrated into the Cowboys, Raiders, and Ravens so that I can hate just a few teams rather than a bunch. :)

Luckily, guys like Irvin and Deion Sanders already are on the roster.

Blade
06-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Donovan McNabb...

But if you want past players, Randall Cunningham, just something about good scrambling QB's...

JeeberD
06-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Sorry, but I reserve the Cowboys as one of my All Evil teams. Jerks like Romanowski, Moss, Owens, etc, get concentrated into the Cowboys, Raiders, and Ravens so that I can hate just a few teams rather than a bunch. :)

Luckily, guys like Irvin and Deion Sanders already are on the roster.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

fantastic flying froggies
06-18-2003, 03:53 PM
How come this is not a poll ?

Careful Kodos, you're losing it...

Kodos
06-18-2003, 03:55 PM
I've been poll-free, since, well see my sig. :)

JeeberD
06-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Wow, three weeks (almost). I'm very impressed... :)

fantastic flying froggies
06-18-2003, 04:02 PM
Do you think you can make it poll-free thru the whole month of June ?

Blade
06-18-2003, 04:56 PM
I was wondering why I haven't been able to vote for things as much lately!

Kodos
06-18-2003, 05:10 PM
I can certainly try to make it through June, but you never know when an emergency might come up. :)

Axxon
06-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Favorite != best so keep that in mind. You can guess the team. ;)

QB - Doug Williams - the Eddie Stanky of football. "He can’t hit, he can’t field, he can’t run – he just wins ballgames." Well, that was Doug. His numbers were really horrible ( career 49.5% completion guy ) but he found a way to win ballgames and was a class act under trying circumstances.

RB - Ricky Bell - a class act who tragically died way before his time.

FB - Mike Alstott - yes, he's no fullback and that pisses a lot of folks off so it makes him even more likable in my eyes.

TE - Jimmy Giles - The man once traded for Earl Campbell wasn't THAT good for us but he was a solid player and the only real option Doug had to throw to most of the time.

WR - Keyshawn Johnson - the first real talent we've had at the position. Blocks like a demon, plays like he cares; I could care less about his mouth. He's not out killing people or beating his wife. He just talks too much for some peoples liking.

WR - Isaac Hagins - I can picture in my mind Isaac catching a beautiful Doug spiral jet at least 15 yards from the nearest defender and inexplicably dropping the football, while he's just running, at the opponents 10 yrd line. Not only that, he keeps running until he's in the end zone then looks at his empty arm before turning around and watching the defense pounce on the loose football. Highly entertaining.

LT - Paul Gruber - gave his all to the team. Was a few years too early to get the recognition the big man deserved.

LG - Randall McDaniel - not with us for very long he was a td scoring machine when he was. ;)

C- Tony Mayberry - truly nobody sticks out here for me so big Ton, who was much better than his replacement Christie, gets the nod.

RG - Jorge Diaz - they say that Jorge is spanish for "holding". Ok, like I said, this is for favorites not best and I always wanted to see Jorge do something, anything really. Sigh.

RT - Jason Odom - the big guy gave it his all but his body couldn't stand the workload. :( Couldn't make the move to the left side but as a RT played well, relatively speaking.

K - Martin Grammatica - I like the Argentine jumping bean.

P - Frank Royals - he did some great work here and we cut him loose after one bad year. Tupa is kicking 6 yarders in the championship game and we resign him.

DE - Leroy Selmon - favorite.player.ever.

DT - Warren Sapp - yep, I like Warren. Another mouth who roars and pisses people off. I have more trouble with his antics than Key's but still want to see the qbkilla in pewter until he retires.

NT - Dave Pear - an original Buc, Dave was one of the first players to really shine.

DE - Simeon Rice - can't understand what he means when he goes Simeon speak but on the field he's a demon and is very entertaining to watch.

LB - Richard "Batman" Woods - a great player, an entertaining backer and a great guy. My brother used to spar against him in Tae Kwan Do. Here's a scrawny 11 year old going up against a professional LB. The teacher was trying to show the students that they should show no fear and my bro didn't. As he was a higher belt it was also funny to watch Batman have to bow to him. It was all in good fun and Batman was a real, down to earth guy and fun to talk to.

LB - Hardy Nickerson - mixed feelings here as he is a mercenary but there's no denying what he did for us when he was here.

LB - Derrick Brooks - second.favorite.player.ever.

CB - Ronde Barber - like Tiki too for that matter. Really looks like they're enjoying what they're doing and gives it back to the fans.

CB - Mike Washington - damn that dude could hit. Most cb's aren't known for that but Mike punished a lot of receivers over the years.

S - John Lynch - definately one of our best.

S - Cedric Brown - another original member of the team, Cedric played smart and was a key piece of whatever success we had during those years.

Honorable mention S - John Booty - I can just imagine a QB telling his TE, come on man, you HAVE to shake your Booty. Anyway...

KR - none, obvious reason. :)

Well, that's probably more than you care to know. :)

Edited to add:

Coach - John McKay - funniest head coach ever. Here's a fewMcKay quotes for you.

After the Bucs broke their 26-game losing streak - "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

that's one of my favorites

On the prospect of a late-season trip to Green Bay - "Going there is like winning the 98th prize in a beauty contest with only 97 prizes."

still true today it seems.

On losing a key game - "I told our players that there were 700 million Chinese people in the world who didn't even know the game was played. The next week, I got five letters from China asking "What happened?"

On an interception thrown by Steve DeBerg in 1984 that cost the Bucs a game against the Giants - "It was thrown to nobody. Well, it was thrown to somebody, Harry Carson. But he happened to be playing for the New York Giants at the time. It would have been a good pass if Harry had been playing for us."

On hearing how Buc kicker Pete Rajecki was nervous about McKay watching him in the 1976 pre-season - "That's unfortuntate as I plan on attending all the games."

another one of my favorites

At a post-game press conference in 1976 "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas."

The following week after a media member has dropped off a case of bananas at his door - "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a Mercedez-Benz."

After a particularly heavy loss - "The bus leaves in an hour - anyone who needs a shower, take one."

Nice. Finally, the all time most quoted, still funny, but highly overplayed

In response to a question about his team's execution - "I'm all in favour of it."

sooner333
06-18-2003, 06:04 PM
As a Sooner fan, my favorite player has to be Josh Heupel. Man, this kid not only had the coolness to lead a team that hadn't had a winning season in four seasons to a National Championship in just his second year. He had one head on his shoulders. Not the most physically gifted athlete, but he certainly could find his recievers and knew his playbook. His game at Kansas State was about as flawless as they come.

But its not just his football skills, its his willingness to give back. He started the Josh Heupel Foundation. He gives back to the community and that is very commendable. Anyway, he brings back great memories of that 2000 team.

revrew
06-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Bronco faves:

1. Steve Atwater #27, Free Safety - Omigosh, the hit on the Nightmare was only one of many. I luuuv a free safety that plays like a sidewinder missile.

2. Vance Johnson #82 WR - Yes, I know he was a complete prick in Denver. I've read his autobiography. But I loved watching the speedy little guy dive across the middle to snag a ball from 3 inches off the turf while it was traveling 80 miles an hour from the Elway cannon. I can still see DBs looking down and saying to themselves, "&@#$&! He caught that?"

3. Eddie McCaffrey #87 WR - Just throw the ball into quadruple coverage about 12 feet off the ground and see who comes down with it. Or as Madden says, "He's got sneaky speed."

4. Shannon Sharpe #84 TE - "Mr. President! Mr. President! Call out the army! Call out the national guard; 'cause we are killin' the Patriots!" - My favorite sideline quote ever.

5. Simon Fletcher #73 OLB and DE - Broncos all-time sack leader. Back on the old Sega Madden games ('92-'94), he was unstoppably fast. Oops, Fletch got him again!

6. "Stinky" Schlereth (forgot his number...63?) OG - 24 knee operations and he still makes the Pro-Bowl. One of the the best leverage O-lineman I've seen. He did some serious Judo on the line, pushing D-lineman just a foot to the left, enough room for TD to cut back behind him. I swear 1500 of TD's 2000 yards that season were "he cuts back behind Schlereth" yards.

Kodos
06-18-2003, 06:41 PM
Wow! That's a complete list, Axxon!

Franklinnoble
06-18-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by revrew
Bronco faves:

6. "Stinky" Schlereth (forgot his number...63?) OG - 24 knee operations and he still makes the Pro-Bowl. One of the the best leverage O-lineman I've seen. He did some serious Judo on the line, pushing D-lineman just a foot to the left, enough room for TD to cut back behind him. I swear 1500 of TD's 2000 yards that season were "he cuts back behind Schlereth" yards.

Yeah, I was kinda bummed when the Redskins let him go, but glad to see that he got a few rings after leaving.

John Elway is conspicuously absent from your list... which I respect, because I always thought Elway was a prick.

revrew
06-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
John Elway is conspicuously absent from your list...

Oh, you noticed too? Shhh. Don't tell TroyF. ;)

SuburbanPimp
06-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
LB- LaVar Arrington - #56. Knocked out Troy Aikman for good. I'll never forget that play.

Yeah, I think that was the first time that the Lord shined down on us since '91. :)

I'm with you on pretty much everyone, including picking Champ if you had to have one CB in his prime. Yes, Darrell will always be one of , if not THE most beloved Skin, but Champ is unbelievable.

I got some other names too.

RB: Terry Allen - I know, the guy didn't play his whole career with the Skins. But, during the "dark ages" of the mid-90s, this guy would give you everything he had...with two surgical repaired knees. Eventually he gave way to Stephen Davis (who I would like to see do well in Carolina), and I wished he would have retired as a Skin. Also Brian Mitchell, who should have never been let go in the first place. Our special teams would be so f-ed up right now if they were smart enough to keep him.

WR: Gary Clark - I didn't have kids that came close to my age when I was younger, so I spent Sundays basically playing football by myself. I always emulated Clark's TD celebration, cause it was just so damn cool. It's unfortunate that his ego swelled (I think), and they sent him packing to Arizona. NOBODY deserves that kind of punishment.

OL: THE HOGS. Nuff said. Jeff Bostic, Joe Jacoby, Russ Grimm, Mark May, Jim Lachey, the names go on and on. You could literally insert ANY back into the offense (see Timmy Smith, Ricky Irvins), and he'll have a field day hitting the holes...THE HOGS were THAT good. They're the blueprint for what an offensive line should be, and they will always be idols for "husky" men such as myself. :)

LB: Monte Coleman & Neal Olkewicz - These were too guys who never saw a lick of praise, yet they would clock in, play their asses off, then clock out. Ken Harvey was great too, but the four years he was here (and they were four damn good years) were gone in a flash.

I better stop now.

Darkiller
06-19-2003, 03:30 AM
QB Steve Young - 49ers - #8

My all-time favourite player, and the guy I believe is the greatest QB ever to play. The most accurate and also as dangerous a runner as any QB of his time.

MIJB#19
06-19-2003, 03:48 AM
Any need for an alltime Amsterdam Admirals roster?
I mean, Madden does have NFLEL tams, right?

Kodos
06-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Yeah, but you can't play them in franchise mode. ;) Maybe the all-time Admirals could still take the Bengals.

Butter
06-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Shorty3281
James Brooks, RB tandem with Ickey Woods in the late 80's.

Brooks #21 Woods #30

Good call. I still remember James Brooks' thumb being dislocated during a playoff game, NBC showing how badly it was bent back as he ran to the sidelines to have it popped back into place, and he returned to the field plays later.

WR Eddie Brown, sadly a neck problem forced him out of the game.

EagleFan
06-19-2003, 03:13 PM
If your creating a best of league than QB Babe Laufenberg for the Cowboys. Greatest ever. :D

Now for Eagles:
QB McNabb
DE White
WR Quick

For my other team, the Seahawks:
RB Warner
WR Largent
S Easley

stkelly52
06-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by EagleFan
For my other team, the Seahawks:
RB Warner
WR Largent
S Easley

TO go Along with them, I think you should also include
CB Dave Brown, 22
QB Jim Zorn, 10
S Eugene Robenson, 41 (he got a really bad rap from that Super Bowl prostitution sting, but when he was a great player for the Seahawks
DE Jacob Green

MIJB#19
06-20-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by MIJB#19
Any need for an alltime Amsterdam Admirals roster?
I mean, Madden does have NFLEL teams, right?
Yeah, but you can't play them in franchise mode. ;) Maybe the all-time Admirals could still take the Bengals. Hey, if you're interested, I'd have no problem making one.
Imagine Kurt Warner as a third stringer and Adam Vinatieri not making the team...

Kodos
06-20-2003, 10:53 AM
That's okay. I'm only looking for past NFL greats to add. :)

Sharpieman
06-20-2003, 02:14 PM
1. Steve Young-Toughest QB I have ever seen. One of the best QB's in history.
2. Jerry Rice-The best WR ever. A incredibly hard worker also.
3. Barry Zito-Very fun to watch, a unstoppable curveball.
4. Ken Griffey Jr. (in his Seattle days)-Some people forget how good he was. He had a huge amount of potential.
5. Jason Williams- The most unseen exciting player in the NBA. He made me like basketball again.
6. Tim Duncan-The most humble player besides David Robinson, he's not cocky and thats hard to find in the NBA these days.
7. Charles Woodson (when he was at Michigan)-Was an exciting player to watch at Michigan.

Terps
06-20-2003, 05:43 PM
QB - Phil Simms
RB - Joe Morris
LB - Carl Banks & Lawrence Taylor
KR/PR - Dave Meggett

sabotai
06-20-2003, 07:14 PM
"Bears fans crack me up. You didn't say this, but your statement reminded me of something. I have had numerous Bears fans tell me that Urlacher is the greatest middle line backer ever. Which is just amazing to me considering right now he is probably only the 3rd best Bears middle line backer ever."

This reminds me of how people talk about Shockey. I'm not sure if I heard anyone say he's the best ever, but I've heard people talk about him being one of the best.

I'm a huge Shockey fan, but I don't even think he's the best in the game right now, let alone best ever. I think Gonzales still holds the title of best TE in the game right now. If Shockey developes more, then I think he easily takes it from him, but he's only got 1 season under his belt. We have no idea how he'll end up being in his 2nd and 3rd years yet. For all we know, he'll get a horrible injury next seasons and will just be a footnote or be one of those "What if" players 10 or 15 years from now.

As far as best ever, he can't even hold Mark Bavaro's jock strap yet. ;)

cthomer5000
06-20-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by primelord
Dola,

And speaking of Bears players one of my favorite players of all time was Tom Waddle. I loved that guy! No size, no speed, but had absolutely no fear and would take any hit you could lay on him. I remember a game in 92 where the Bears were driving down the field late in the 4th quarter and Waddle kept getting his number called over the middle. Twice they had to drag him off the field and revive him with smelling salts and he still managed to cath the game winner in the end zone.

Wow. you brought back some great memories with Tom Waddle. I also loved watching that guy play.