PDA

View Full Version : Great American Ball Park

Sybot
06-18-2003, 11:54 PM
So anyone that's went to GABP this year...

I've been to Riverfront/Cynergy (whatever you want to call it) about a hundred or so times in my past. But I haven't been up there for about 3 years. Since I moved to Oxford, MS. (I tried so hard to get back last year to see them in their last year at riverfront).

Anyway I'm going up for July 4th in a couple of weeks and I managed to get good seats for the 4th and 6th (when it was just me and a good friend going). But the day I was going to take my wife and family I'm in the view level.

Can you tell me what it's like from the view level seats.
Is that like comparable to sitting in the red seats at riverfront. If so I wouldn't mind. But I was just curious.

INDalltheway
06-19-2003, 11:41 AM
I went to Great American Ballpark on Tuesday. The place is awesome! I can't tell you about the view you will have because I sat down the right field line in $25 dollar seats. I really don't think there is a bad seat in the place though.

The food was great. I am 15 (16 in ten days!) and ate constantly. That is the best part about going to the game. Skyline Chili Dogs, Frozen Lemonade, Waffle cone, etc.... drool.... Great park and I saw a great game, but my Cubs couldn't pull it out.

korme
06-19-2003, 01:21 PM
I wanted to go to the game last night, get an Adam Dunn autographed ball or t-shirt. Also a chance to throw cork at Sammy. Just kidding!

Sybot, I can tell you, unless you are high in the nose bleeds, you can see the field very well from whereever you sit. It's a great place.

andy m
06-19-2003, 02:42 PM
this is the worst named stadium ever. it's not great. it's not american. it's not even a ballpark. ridiculous.

scooper
06-19-2003, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure how serious you are about it, but the stadium is named after Great American, an insurance/financial company owned by Carl Lindner, the majority owner of the Reds. It's a corporate naming rights deal.

On a funny note, a local columnist calls it Pretty Good American Ballpark.

Butter
06-19-2003, 02:50 PM
If you sit in the nosebleeds, you get a nice view of the river, and it's cheaper. Personally, I tend to go to a game with friends to talk and watch the game both, so it was nice to be up there with few folks around you to hear what idiocy you are engaging in. Plus, it was good to be under a cover (especially when the rain started).