PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo!!! New House!

Blade
06-19-2003, 09:15 AM
Well, I just had to share this with someone!

Today, at 1:00, my wife and I take possession of our first home! We chose the house plans and lot in November, and now it has all come together!

Now we just have to get the moving going...

:D

cuervo72
06-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Congratulations!

KWhit
06-19-2003, 09:23 AM
My wife and I moved into our 1st house a year and 6 days ago. One of the coolest feelings I've had.

Make sure you and your wife "break in" the new carpet as soon as possible.

Blade
06-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by KWhit
Make sure you and your wife "break in" the new carpet as soon as possible.

Heh...we will make sure to "break in" the new carpet in every room of the house!

This is very exciting, as it is great to see all our selections come together in the style we envisioned!

sachmo71
06-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Obviously, these heathens have no kids...

condors
06-19-2003, 09:39 AM
congrats blade

take care of your investment!

FrogMan
06-19-2003, 09:46 AM
congrats, I know the feeling, as we moved into our house 2 years and 4 days ago.

We had designed the plans ourselves, or at least a scaled draft version of the whole house floor plan. It was great to see it come into place just the way we thought it should be.

Good luck with the moving, now that the house is settled, time to work on populating it with little Blades everywhere :)

FM

Blade
06-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by FrogMan
Good luck with the moving, now that the house is settled, time to work on populating it with little Blades everywhere :)

That is definitely our next step...once we get the old pocketbook a little more stable...

I am just glad that we will finally be out of our middle floor apartment...

cuervo72
06-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by sachmo71
Obviously, these heathens have no kids...

These were my thoughts exactly.

Fritz
06-19-2003, 09:54 AM
man, thats great. Just think, in a few years you can come home from work to your very own empty home and a goodbye post-it.

Senator
06-19-2003, 09:59 AM
We moved into a new house 3 weeks ago. Damn. I should have started a thread.

Craptacular
06-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Congrats!!! My wife and I have spent two years planning a house, and the hole is supposed to be dug today. :) Of course, the excavation was originally supposed to take place 3 days ago. :( Nothing like a delay in the first friggin' part of construction.

Blade
06-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Our construction went pretty well in terms of delays. We did have to wait a bit for the hole to be dug, because of the weather. But once that happened, it just shot by!

JeeberD
06-19-2003, 01:51 PM
I have a cool apartment...

bbor
06-19-2003, 01:52 PM
COngrats eh...my wife and i have been looking for 3 months now..no luck so far :(

She's so damn picky...i would have bought the first one i saw :)

Craptacular
06-19-2003, 02:33 PM
:mad: Grr, excavation now scheduled for next Monday. :mad:

Bbor, when you're spending that kind of money, it's good to be picky. Why do you think we're building? We looked at both lots and houses for over a year, and were willing to buy instead of build if we found the right one.

scooper
06-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Craptacular
:mad: Grr, excavation now scheduled for next Monday. :mad:

Bbor, when you're spending that kind of money, it's good to be picky. Why do you think we're building? We looked at both lots and houses for over a year, and were willing to buy instead of build if we found the right one.

Amen, be picky. We bought a house that happened to be the sixth one we looked at. I really liked the first and was almost ready to buy. Turns out the one we bought is a much better house for our needs, and we got it at only a slightly higher cost.

You'll have to live in that house. As will she (I hope) Let her be picky.

Craptacular
06-19-2003, 02:44 PM
I just realized that this may make an interesting dynasty (key word: may). I've been trying to come up with a new one for the board, so why not? Look for a thread in the dynasties forum sometime soon. Even if no one reads it, it'll be a good place for me to vent to myself. :)

sterlingice
06-19-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by JeeberD
I have a cool apartment...

I have an apartment...

SI

STK
06-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by sterlingice
I have an apartment...

SI

I live in a 400 square foot apartment.

Draft Dodger
06-19-2003, 09:05 PM
I always have to add my story...

my wife and I closed on our house almost 4 years ago (June 28th).

after we closed, we went to dinner to celebrate. coincidentally, the couple we bought our house from was there a couple of tables over.

they left a bit before us...and then our waitress came by to tell us that they had picked our tab.

a very classy gesture...