PDA

View Full Version : Shadows of Undrentide

Calis
06-19-2003, 09:49 AM
So, who's got it?

I picked it up last night, only got a chance to play for about 30 minutes or so. It was neat seeing all the new skills and feats to choose from, I'm hoping it will go a long ways towards adding to the diversity of characters, I didn't look through it too much. One thing I could tell though, I thought the writing was much better than in the original campaign. So first impressions for me were pretty positive, and I wasn't a big fan of the OC, but I didn't hate it either.

Some cool builder features also with the plot wizard, which I haven't got a chance to check out yet. It looks like you can do actual cutscenes now without having to fiddle around with killing the character, etc...

Some crazy stuff though, I can't run the launcher program because I get a pointer error every time. Annoyance, but nothing big, it appears to be something some people are having problems with concerning this. I can run the game fine if I just go straight to the exe.

The other laughable thing, wasn't Bioware's fault, but Atari. You guys hear about the whole CD-Key thing? Well, the expansion shipped in a sleeve again, so they printed the CD-Key in the manual again right? WRONG! They apparently forgot to add this to the manual, so instead they slipped in a little red piece of paper with a key on it and an apology. The problem is, a lot of folks are buying the expansion and don't have this paper in their box. Just a warning to anyone who goes to buy it, you might want to check the box before you leave the store. Just a bad deal all around, sucks for Bioware.

Anyway, I was going to post this in the games forum, but I wanted someone to actually read it. ;) So anyone else have any first impressions? I know we have a pretty big Multi-NWN following here, but much on the single? I'm a big single-NWN fan, and love checking out all the mods and such.

From a very initial experience, I'd say SoU seems worth the purchase.

Blade
06-19-2003, 09:50 AM
Oh no...it is out? I missed that piece of news...there goes the old pocket book...

Fritz
06-19-2003, 09:52 AM
I thought it was not in stores until today

Calis
06-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Yep, got released to most places yesterday.

Calis
06-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Dola,

So did I, I guess there was confusion, everything I saw showed it shipping out yesterday, so it would be in stores today. I guess most places had it early though, so it wound up getting released yesterday.

Celeval
06-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Wheeee! Stopping by a store on the way to the airport, something to put on the laptop for the flight.

Oh, and if anyone sees a 'Marcus Orsini' wandering around Avlis, it's me. Haven't done much yet, though.

Kevin

sabotai
06-19-2003, 12:41 PM
Hmmm...guess I'll wait to buy it til the "second printing" of the game so I make sure I get the CD-Key. :)

(Or, I'll just order it online)