PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Hotel - Best TV EVER!

bamcgee
06-19-2003, 03:42 PM
I have always thought of myself as a smart guy. In some ways, I could even be an elitist snob. In light of this, I have managed to avoid the dreck of shows known as reality television, not caring a whit about Joe Millionaire or Andy Bachelor.

However, that has all changed. Fox has created a show that is soooo fantastic that I can't help but fall in love with it. Paradise Hotel is that show.

They've finally given up on the stupid games, etc. and subtle innuendos that mar conventional reality tv and are now giving the people what they want to see - SEX! On Paradise Hotel, everyone's a slut! It's a requirement. AND you have to be irredeemably stupid and superficial. It's the perfect dirty bomb of gasoline, dynamite, and nuclear waste. Not only are all the contestants forced to sleep together, but they actually will rotate partners, all in the name of competing! Yaaaaaay! I am enthralled, entranced, overjoyed. It's gonna be the ultimate in catfights, gossip about body parts, intrigue... all performed without a trace of dignity! I believe that on the Internet, they actually have a site with the scenes "too hot for tv", although you have to subscribe. And dear god, I think it might be worth it!!???!!

I think we should give up on this whole Football message board thing (it's amazing how communities endure although the purpose has eroded) and switch our main discussion to what is most worthy - PARADISE HOTEL! Should I make a poll to see if this movement has support?

sachmo71
06-19-2003, 04:09 PM
At least they aren't putting a nice front on it. This is trash TV, and million will watch it. It doesn't even have an ending. It goes on until they get sick of it. I hate everyone on that show, and will probably watch it ever week so that I can bitch about how much I hate it and reality TV. :(

Maple Leafs
06-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Has it started already?

sachmo71
06-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Yup, last night. If that place were destroyed by a rampaging monster, the human race would be better off. I think that would make one hell of an episode, too.

stkelly52
06-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Interestingly, the Hotel right next to the School I work for is called The Paradise Hotel. I have even stayed in the Paradise Hotel.

bryce
06-19-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by bamcgee

Not only are all the contestants forced to sleep together, but they actually will rotate partners, all in the name of competing!

so basically it's literally a fucking contest?

Craptacular
06-19-2003, 04:30 PM
Poke out my eyes.

atatange1
06-19-2003, 05:46 PM
I loved every second of it too, bamcgee. The faceoff's between the guests and the guys from the audience trying to get to Paradise look especially nasty.

bamcgee
06-20-2003, 12:07 AM
http://platinum.yahoo.com/splash/hotel.html

this clip is hilarious (gotta click on the free preview). I am now rooting for the Arnold Schwarznegger fan and the Miss Implants to hook up. They're made for each other!

tucker342
06-20-2003, 07:29 AM
so wait, what's the point of the t.v. show? Just to see how many people each person can sleep with?

bamcgee
06-20-2003, 11:13 AM
well, they might have some other distractions, but as far as I'm concerned that's pretty much all the show is about.

I think they should add some real tension to the show - add a guest with a (non-lethal) VD! Can you imagine screaming at the tv set - "DON'T DO IT! NOOOO!"

TroyF
06-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Darn, I missed it. I missed next week's episode too. It's very dissapointing to know, that without any reason whatsoever, I'll miss every episode of it that ever airs.

For those who do enjoy, have fun. :)

TroyF

cthomer5000
06-20-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by bamcgee
well, they might have some other distractions, but as far as I'm concerned that's pretty much all the show is about.

I think they should add some real tension to the show - add a guest with a (non-lethal) VD! Can you imagine screaming at the tv set - "DON'T DO IT! NOOOO!"

the VD suggestion was one i've made to many friends. It would really spice the show up.

tucker342
06-20-2003, 12:39 PM
quick! call up fox! They'll take anything!:D

tucker342
06-20-2003, 12:39 PM
in fact, I'm surprised they haven't come up with that idea yet...

sterlingice
06-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by tucker342
in fact, I'm surprised they haven't come up with that idea yet...

What's to say they haven't

SI