PDA

View Full Version : Reds In Another Brawl

korme
06-19-2003, 05:05 PM
Kyle Farnsworth body-slammed Paul Wilson.

Wilson bloodied.

Cubs won the fight, Reds (and Wilson) won the game!

IT'S ON, NEUQUA, et al.

tucker342
06-19-2003, 09:40 PM
seems like a lot of brawls lately

Neuqua
06-19-2003, 09:44 PM
Who in their right mind would charge Kyle Farnsworth? The guy is built like a truck.

Losing 2 out of 3 is rough but, Cubs still in first place.

INDalltheway
06-19-2003, 10:55 PM
Yeah, why would you charge the guy. I went to the game Tuesday, and he was shagging balls in the outfield close to where I was. He was huge!

BTW, the Cubs actually split the series because it was a 4-game series. We won the first and third game.

EagleFan
06-19-2003, 11:23 PM
The Bengals should sign Wilson, it looks like he can take a tackle as well as anyone on their roster (and he gained about 10 yards before going down). :D

illinifan999
06-20-2003, 06:35 AM
Man Wilson had a whole lotta blood on his shirt, face, etc. That was a damn nice tackle by Farnsworth. :D

Maple Leafs
06-20-2003, 08:28 AM
Jesus... did you see Wilson's face? The last time something got busted open like that in a Cubs game, cork fell out.

SteelerFan448
06-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Good for him, he deserved that for charging the mound. That was the best take down I've seen outside of the minor league game where the batter kicked the catcher in the chest before charging.

sony
06-20-2003, 03:59 PM
That was the best take down I've seen outside of the minor league game where the batter kicked the catcher in the chest before charging.That was the funniest sh*t I've ever seen!! It look just like a kung fu flick. Man the dude had power in that side kick to the catcher.

GoldenEagle
06-20-2003, 04:04 PM
He really didnt charger the mound. Farnsworth was covering home plate and they had some words and Farnsworth just charged him. Farnsworth can do that because he never hits (he is a bullpen guy, right?)

Logan
06-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by sony
That was the funniest sh*t I've ever seen!! It look just like a kung fu flick. Man the dude had power in that side kick to the catcher.

It was also the smartest thing I've ever seen in a baseball fight. I'd say a good 80% of the time you try and charge the mound, you don't accomplish your goal because of that pesky catcher. So why not just take him out of the equation?

Logan
06-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
He really didnt charger the mound. Farnsworth was covering home plate and they had some words and Farnsworth just charged him. Farnsworth can do that because he never hits (he is a bullpen guy, right?)

Ha Ha...what game were you watching?

Just cause Wilson got his ass kicked, it doesn't mean you have to start making excuses for him.

GoldenEagle
06-20-2003, 07:55 PM
I am not making excuses for him. I am not a Reds fan. But I think its an unfair assesment to say he charged the mound.

korme
06-20-2003, 08:28 PM
agreed. Paul was walking, Farnsworth ran at him wayyy more than Wilson ran at Farnsworth.

But Farnsworth is a bad ass. Damn. I'd like to see him and Dunn go at it.

kcchief19
06-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt that Wilson was running his mouth and Farnsworth went after him. That is the second-best ass-kicking I have ever seen a pitcher deliver, right after the time Robin Ventura charged Nolan Ryan and Ryan put him in a headlock and gave him an atomic noogie.

Neuqua
06-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Farnsworth was walking over but had his glove reached out which is usually the case when they get a new ball handed to them by the umpire. I don't think he was actually charging Wilson until Wilson started trash talking and dropped the bat.

GoldenEagle
06-20-2003, 11:04 PM
Well I think he was covering the plate because it was a wild pitch. While Farnsworth was walking up, Wilson said something. Farnsworth didnt like and they charged at each other. I dont think Farnsworth was throwing at Wilson, just trying to prevent the bunt, but then again the catcher was set up outside.

INDalltheway
06-20-2003, 11:09 PM
You are taught as a pitcher when the batter squares around to throw it exactly where he threw. That is why I was suprised Wilson got so pissed. I figured he would know the game better than that.

GoldenEagle
06-20-2003, 11:12 PM
I agree with keeping it inside when a player wants to bunt, but no so far inside that your catcher can not even come up with it. That defeats the purpose because the runners advance. Somewhere there was a miscommunication between the pitcher and catcher, hence the past ball.

INDalltheway
06-21-2003, 12:14 AM
The ball had a lot of cut on it, and it kept running towards the batter. I am pretty sure that he didn't mean to do that because like you said it defeats the purpose of throwing high and tight. Why would Paul Wilson, yeah you heard me, Paul Wilson talk trash?