PDA

View Full Version : PING: Marc V.... re: America in CM4

Easy Mac
06-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Just wondering if you could clear some things up for me as I go about editing some of the American leagues.

The A-League is still listed as American Second Division in the game (though I think EP4 is adressing that).

The Third Division (which is not playable, even though in the manual it says it is) is known as the USL Pro Select League (or Pro Select League).

Also, Connecticut, Greenville, and South Jersey are no longer in the Third Division in real life. It is now down to 13 teams, but these 3 teams are included in the game. Is there any way they could be deleted, or is it safe for me to move the teams into non-league status with an editor. Does the third division need 16 teams to not corrupt the game (even though it isn't used)?

Also, do you know who the researcher for the USA is, as some information was very out of date or just completely wrong (Atlanta plays in a stadium located in Roswell, New Mexico)?

And is there anyway for you to add the D4 teams (PDL)? It would give the US Open Cup a greater pool of teams.

Thanks from a guy who is meticulously trying to update the current state of American soccer

(Done editing MLS, currently 1/4 way through A-League, then will release the rosters. Then get to work on D3, as well as trying to do face packs for every team. Should be finished by summers end)

illinifan999
06-20-2003, 10:08 PM
Don't forget how it says Calgary/Montreal etc says it is is the USA.....

Marc Vaughan
06-21-2003, 12:54 PM
To contact the USA researcher please email [email protected] and ask him as he coordinates all the research worldwide (and at my senile old age I can't remember 100's of emails off the top of my head ;) ).

With regards to changing teams around the safest way is to use the .edt files which are detailed in my hints and tips, if it causes any problems simply remove the file and all will be well (as the edt file is seperate to the database itself so you don't risk corrupting the database using this method).

I think you'll be fine to move the clubs around, although I've a feeling a competition will get upset if you leave D3 short on teams.

SirFozzie
06-21-2003, 01:01 PM
The USA researcher is named OaklandStomper on the CM4 boards if you're there and want him to send a email

Easy Mac
06-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Re:PING

Also, something I noticed.

The Syracuse Salty SeaDogs began play this season in the American 2nd Division. This brings the total to 19 teams. Obviously, if I tried to edit the league by changing team numbers, it would crash.

Any way you can get this change in EP4?

And if it would make it in, would all the editing I am currently doing be pretty much useless?

Easy Mac
06-24-2003, 10:33 AM
big up since MV is here.

I emailed some stuff to the American researcher, but trying to get things changed in the game, so there you go.

Oh, and any chance you guys can do an editor, nygreens crashed while saving, so I lost all my changes. At least you guys could make a more stable one.

Marc Vaughan
06-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Our next version will come with an editor - at the moment we're concentrating fully on enhancing and tweaking the gameplay.

I have recently released the database format though which should mean the third-party editors become much more stable in the future.

Critch
06-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Would it be possible ever to have an editor that could change the league setup in countries?

I play mainly in the Scottish league and the 12 team, split near the end is a crappy crappy setup. A complete mess up governed by the fact certain teams can't afford to give up the chance of 4 league games against the old firm every season. I'd like to change it to say a 16 team premier, as has been discussed in real life. The EA sports Premier manager thingy had an editor that let you change things like that, but the game sucked. Any chance CM could have that option? Pretty please?

Also, the league fixtures after the split are wrong in CM4, but I've mentioned that before...