PDA

View Full Version : OT - Who knew? Iverson was the classier of the two

EagleFan
06-23-2003, 06:43 AM
With the recent hiring of a new Sixers coach and the press conference that followed I must say that Iverson impressed me. With Brown seemingly going out of his way to take shots at Philly and Iverson when he took the Detroit job not one bad thing was said about him by the team or Iverson. Iverson had only good things to say as well as Billy King.

Who knows, maybe the team can turn the corner now under Ayers. He actually sees the need for a three point shooter and the idea that if you give Iverson help offensively the team can open things up so much more. Maybe if he just asks Van Horn to stand outside and wait for an open jumper he might actually get more out of him. It seems that he folds once he's asked to play defense and you lose him for the game.

condors
06-23-2003, 01:48 PM
ummm, we need a center bad!
i can live with snow iverson thomas van horn but who is going to play center? (coleman is supposed to follow brown to detroit not that he would be the savior or anything)

EagleFan
06-23-2003, 02:47 PM
I'll help Coleman pack his bags. There is no true center in the East so they have some time to work on getting a center. Maybe that kid they drafted will turn out to be servicable inside, can't remember the name off the top of my head (not like we ever got to see draft picks play over the past 6 years).

Eaglesfan27
06-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Do the sixers still have Samuel Dalembart? He is pretty servicable for me in NBA 2K3 after 2 years of playing. Maybe he can develop for the sixers ;)

rexallllsc
06-23-2003, 04:32 PM
"we talkin' bout practice!"

INDalltheway
06-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by rexallllsc
"we talkin' bout practice!"
Best press-conference ever....

Leonidas
06-25-2003, 02:49 PM
I am simply stunned Randy Ayers is coaching in the pros. This goes to show just how much power Iverson has. Everything good Ayers did at Ohio State was on Gary Williams' coattails. He won COY with Williams' players and went straight downhill from there until he was busted for getting coeds pregnant all over campus. Granted, something as ethically challenging as multiple paternity suits really has nothing to do with coaching pro basketball, but the guy really was not a good coach.