PDA

View Full Version : What are the hotties right now?

Tony
06-23-2003, 11:06 AM
easy all... :)

so i really haven't played a game in about a year, am selling compact flourescent lightbulbs to hardware stores to pay the rent and produce drum & bass (http://defiant.onethree.net) by night to keep me sane... im completely out of the loop by all all standards.

what games are hot right now? football? baseball?

help a guy out... :( :cool:

thanks

MrBug708
06-23-2003, 11:07 AM
Championship Manager

Anrhydeddu
06-23-2003, 11:09 AM
So, Tony, what do you think of our new look? :D

CM, if soccer is your thing otherwise many are having fun with OOTP5 (baseball), esp. in online leagues.

Tony
06-23-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
So, Tony, what do you think of our new look? :D

CM, if soccer is your thing otherwise many are having fun with OOTP5 (baseball), esp. in online leagues.

diggin it, finally got a vbulletin up in here... im proud of you guys. i finally cruised by sportplanet and was a bit scared all the sites would be axed or something in favor of "corporate policy", but alas, it's alive and well!

ootp 5 huh... nice, looks like im gonna have to doing some back reading. any new american football bits out? has jim done anything?

sachmo71
06-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Wow. It's Tony. Hi Tony.
You should play Hat Trick, Tony.

3ric
06-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Nothing much hotter than those Anry and Kyle said, but Total Pro Football and Inside the Park Baseball from .400 and EHM:FE from sigames should make the autumn interesting, at least.

korme
06-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Tony, Jim released FOF4 a while back, you might want to check that out.

Tony
06-23-2003, 12:21 PM
thanks for the responses, guys... any freebies out right now? im on a mega-budget for the moment and wouldn't mind something to do when it gets slow at work.

Ben E Lou
06-23-2003, 12:24 PM
Tony speaks....

FOF4 and TCY are both going to be updated some time this summer also...

Swaggs
06-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Hey Tony...welcome back.

scooper
06-23-2003, 12:46 PM
I was not aware that TCY will be updated. What changes is he making?

WussGawd
06-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by scooper
I was not aware that TCY will be updated. What changes is he making?

Seems to me that Primelord posted something a few months back saying that Jim was going to release a new patch like the last one, to update the game to the 2003 schedules and reset initial team prestige levels. I believe he had also located a couple of other small bugs that he was going to squash with it.

Eaglesfan27
06-23-2003, 12:56 PM
In regards to free games.. I just discovered Eastside Hockey Manager this past weekend. It is an incredible game for the price - you can download it for free. I think this would be a very good for the price of many other sports text games. I'm having a blast with it while waiting for EP4 for CM4.

scooper
06-23-2003, 12:56 PM
OK. Thanks.

Fidatelo
06-23-2003, 01:19 PM
EHM is the best sim I've ever played (CM would win if it wasn't about soccer), and as mentioned it's free.

Tony
06-23-2003, 02:20 PM
thanks all... gonna grab ehm today and save my pennies for some FOF goodness. =]

Franklinnoble
06-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Tony
easy all... :)

so i really haven't played a game in about a year, am selling compact flourescent lightbulbs to hardware stores to pay the rent and produce drum & bass (http://defiant.onethree.net) by night to keep me sane... im completely out of the loop by all all standards.

what games are hot right now? football? baseball?

help a guy out... :( :cool:

thanks

Your website has pop-up windows. I don't like pop-up windows.

Hattrick is free, but if you're not going to make a weekly commitment to it, don't bother.

Tony
06-23-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
Your website has pop-up windows. I don't like pop-up windows.

Hattrick is free, but if you're not going to make a weekly commitment to it, don't bother.

the "pop up" is there to ensure consistancy of the layout. we couldn't figure out another way to do it, but at least it's not an advertisement. it's essentially a static site to promote music -- not a daily stop -- so user convenience wasn't too high of a priority. thanks for visiting, though.

and i know the nature of text sims... actually looking forward to a regular retreat again.

:)

WussGawd
06-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Was it just me who looked at this subject line earlier this morning and expected to see pics of scantily clad chicks on here? :D

Franklinnoble
06-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by WussGawd
Was it just me who looked at this subject line earlier this morning and expected to see pics of scantily clad chicks on here? :D

Coming right up...
http://lustythreads.com/gallery/Janneke/janneke016.jpg

kcchief19
06-23-2003, 09:20 PM
God bless America.

Good to see you, Tony. Other than Hattrick which so many of these soccer hooligans around here some to love, I can't really think of any budget-minded big games out there.

Frankly, if you want free entertainment, this board is the place to be. Do a board search for "HornsManiac AND unemployment" or "mrskippy AND ban" and you'll be enthralled for an hour or two. There's even a discussion of Demon Dave floating around here somewhere. :)

GoldenEagle
06-23-2003, 09:27 PM
What is a picture of my girlfriend doing in this thread? :D

tucker342
06-23-2003, 09:27 PM
I expected something else when I opened this thread...

JeeberD
06-23-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
What is a picture of my girlfriend doing in this thread? :D

I knew I was doing the right thing my stealing your Astros loving girlfriend... :D

Darkiller
06-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Hi Tony, good to see you :-))

(nice ckick up there Franklin !)

GoldenEagle
06-24-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by JeeberD
I knew I was doing the right thing my stealing your Astros loving girlfriend... :D

I have forwarded a copy of this thread to your girlfriend. ;)