PDA

View Full Version : Info About Beginning Rosters (Fresh From the Q&A)

Ben E Lou
10-22-2003, 08:46 PM
<PrimeLord> Q: What options are available to start a multiplayer game (fantasy drafts, etc.?)
<JimG> You can start with existing roster, with a preference draft or the commissioner can enter each pick by hand (53 rounds, though - not much fun).

TroyF
10-22-2003, 08:48 PM
no fictional player universies without the OPU.

I say we let it sim for 15 years then have a preference draft with that roster file.

TroyF

Vince
10-22-2003, 09:11 PM
I concur.

RPI-Fan
10-22-2003, 09:34 PM
How would you have a preference draft at that point?

Can you export roster files once already into the game. I didn't know that was possible...?

Ben E Lou
10-22-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by RPI-Fan
How would you have a preference draft at that point?

Can you export roster files once already into the game. I didn't know that was possible...?
Can't you copy the player file and rename it to make it the league startup file?

Bee
10-23-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by SkyDog
Can't you copy the player file and rename it to make it the league startup file?

I think this might be possible based on what Jim has said, but I think you'll lose the history of the league to that point if that makes a difference.

cuervo72
10-23-2003, 06:59 AM
To heck with history - no league has history when it starts up. The players might in other leagues, but a league itself doesn't (WFL, USFL).

Ben E Lou
10-23-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by cuervo72
To heck with history - no league has history when it starts up. The players might in other leagues, but a league itself doesn't (WFL, USFL). I don't care about "league history." I'm thinking more in terms of having stats to help with player evaluation.

Fritz
10-23-2003, 07:47 AM
what are the little red and green bars for then?

Ben E Lou
10-23-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Fritz
what are the little red and green bars for then? I said to "help". The more info, the merrier, imho.

cthomer5000
10-23-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Bee
I think this might be possible based on what Jim has said, but I think you'll lose the history of the league to that point if that makes a difference.

I think that would actually be a good thing. I would mant mature rosters, but wouldn't really want history there that we didn't make. It would actually give teams an advantage in some areas (fan support, their ability to land players with a high desire to "play for winners").