PDA

View Full Version : Bugs for Jim

Raven
11-25-2000, 01:57 PM
Jim, these are the bugs that I have encountered. I am not sure if anyone else has already posted them, but here they are:

1. Clicking on an individual players name brings up his stats/ratings screen. The problem here is the players name and position in the top right corner (black box) cuts the players name off, so you only see the top half, sorta sucks during the amateur draft when you cant really see the players "real name" just an "estimated name". Not a major problem, but a cosmetic one. A real eye-sore.

2. Resolution- Using Windows ME, it seems that some in-game screens only "fully" support 1024x768 resolution. After playing for any period of time with this resolution, this causes a lot of eye-strain. I tried switching to 800x600, but this causes a major problem. When entering screens like "Game Plan" in 800x600, you can't leave. Reason for this is: in this resolution you can not access the "ok" "cancel" and "help" buttons because they are left off the bottom of the folder (off-screen), and you can not manipulate the folder in any way to allow yourself to use these buttons, therefore the only way to "get out" is by alt-ctrl-del, thus losing all your unsaved changes.

I really enjoy the game, but this is my major gripe. Straining to view the game for extended periods (because of the small text)makes me not want to play for more than an hour at a time. Improving the resolution would almost "perfect" the game for me, as this is my only major problem.

3. The computer AI often signs backup QB's with very poor ratings (30-50's) to astronomical contracts....often higher than the teams starting QB's and frequently the highest paid player on the team, even though their ratings are much much lower. This causes the computer to run in to so many Cap Problems, and why players like Kurt Warner and Randy Moss are seen on the FA market after the draft- allowing for Human AI to pick the players up. Creates a serious "imbalance".

------------------
-Raven

Kosta
11-27-2000, 03:23 AM
Jim/Raven - I echo these "problems". I don't have any technical difficulties, but I do get the cut-off name problem as described above and the eye strain. Using WIN 98.

GhostBrown
11-27-2000, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I have the cutoff names problem too (oddly enough, I get something similar in WMP7). Not a major problem - I also had it in FOF2.

But what is a major problem (was also in FOF2 as well), and odd given the comments about resolution, is that when playing in 1024 the in-game stats don't fit in the box. I get player name, and about the first 2 stats (eg completions, attempts) but that's it. To see the rest I have to click in the stats box and manually move the cursor over to make the box scroll - which is a real pain.

When I tried playing in 800 this problem seemed to go (in FOF2) but I haven't tried 800 in 2K1.

cody8200
11-27-2000, 02:35 PM
You can still use the interface in 800-600, just use enter for ok on the keyboard and escape for cancel. A little more cumbersome but easier on the eyes.

CubsFan915
11-27-2000, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by cody8200:
You can still use the interface in 800-600, just use enter for ok on the keyboard and escape for cancel. A little more cumbersome but easier on the eyes.

I'm playing on 800x600 resolution, and have neither of these problems. Of course, I don't have a Voodoo either...

------------------
GO NAVY!!! BEAT ARMY!!!

Barkeep49
02-14-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm playing on 800x600 resolution, and have neither of these problems. Of course, I don't have a Voodoo either...

------------------
GO NAVY!!! BEAT ARMY!!!
I count two questions :)

PM or posting is fine for this one and just the words will suffice.