PDA

View Full Version : Individual Stat Error

NYFAN
11-30-2000, 01:20 PM
Sometimes it says something about can't do something with a saved game? Do you know what i'm talking about? I've gotten it a few times, and it forces you to restart the game because you can't save or anything, but it doesn't "crash"... and it won't allow you to resave... very annoying.

------------------
<A HREF="Http://knicks.rivals.com" TARGET=_blank>Http://knicks.rivals.com
</A> Sports Writer

dacman
11-30-2000, 05:06 PM
After playing some 30 or so seasons with FOF2001 without any problems, I have now run into this bug as well. It seems anytime I play more the one season at a sitting, I'll eventually get that error. It never happens at the same time -- once it was at the end of season, another time during the draft, and another during week 13 of the season. The one thing in common however is that it always happens when I go to view an individual player's stats. It says something about the saved game file being corrupted and eventually if you click through enough of these dialog boxes that say that, the only stats left on the screen for that player are the current years regardless of how long that player has played. It seems that every years stats before the current year is being corrupted somehow. BTW, I'm running WinME and I do not have a VooDoo board.

Houlihan
11-30-2000, 10:00 PM
I think this is on Jim's list as:

"18 (AAA) - Accessing player data during draft may produce a stats access error, possibly leading to crash."

dacman
12-03-2000, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Houlihan:
I think this is on Jim's list as:

"18 (AAA) - Accessing player data during draft may produce a stats access error, possibly leading to crash."

That's all well and good except this thing continues -- last time it was after training camp but before I played any exhibition games while I was perusing the free agents (stats of course) -- clearly not during the draft. And it doesn't crash -- it just won't let you save or load a saved game or see any stats except the current years. I think a file handle might be getting lost somehow (the handle for the saved game???).