PDA

View Full Version : Injury detail on depth chart screen

QuikSand
12-04-2000, 09:15 AM
Currently, an injured player is so noted on the screen where one sets one's depth charts. This is certainly helpful.

A huge help would be an indication of the player's status (prob/ques/doubt/out). There would be room for this right beside the player's name in the inserted box (that shows the player's abilities when the player is selected).

This could alleviate much of the need for a great deal of back-and-forth between the roster page and the depth charts.

ShagVT
12-04-2000, 09:33 AM
Jim, I wholeheartedly agree with this. If nothing else, maybe make a player who is Doubtful or Out appear in red?

When you are simulating a season and you get a message that somebody is too injured to play, it would be VERY convenient to be able to quickly skip the roster and see who is very hurt instead of having to open every injured player.

I realize that I could just look at the post-game email and see who is listed as being out for a couple of months, but...

This is not helpful late in the season or during the playoffs
The email disappears during the bye week
Color coding would still be so much easier

Thanks!

Carligula
12-04-2000, 04:32 PM
I concur. I think it would also be helpful to have disgruntled players marked somehow on the depth chart.

Shkspr
12-04-2000, 07:57 PM
Speaking of the depth chart, I'd like the option to lock certain players into their spot before I hit the button to let the computer select my playing rotation. I like letting the system update my depth chart based on weekly injuries, but I end up having to do a lot of shifting each week if my chosen starter isn't the "best" one in the scout's eyes. This becomes even more crucial with the increased differentiation in player skill levels - my 55/30 tackle may fit my power running scheme than the 20/75 guy the computer thinks I ought to start. It's okay as long as everyone is healthy, but throw a few broken noses into the mix and my guy rides the pine if I'm not double-checking.