PDA

View Full Version : Willingness to use injured players

klangston
12-03-2000, 01:38 PM
Some people have reported having problems when they set "Willingness to use injured players" to 0. The help file lists the possible values for this variable as 1-99, so maybe that isn't a bug. However, I recently encountered an problem which I believe is a bug that involves setting the Willingness to 1.

Up to this particular game I had that value set to 10. For whatever reason I decided to change it to 1 just before my game with the Packers. Right off the bat I thought it was strange that my 3rd string RB Glyn Milburn would get the first 4 carries of the game. Then as the game went on I noticed Milburn kept getting the carries and Curtis Enis, my starter, was not seeing any playing time at all. This trend lasted the entire game, as Milburn racked up over 30 carries and Enis did not see the ball at all that game.

The starter's playing time variable for RBs was set to 7, and Enis was not injured during the game. In fact he appeared to not even set foot on the field according to the game log and box score. I had a crash prior to saving the game file, so I had to re-sim the game, but not before setting the Willingness back to 10. Enis got the proper ratio of carries after doing that.

JerryRice&NatroneBeans
12-13-2000, 09:24 AM
Probably he had a broken nail...