PDA

View Full Version : OT - Zwickau CM Dynasty Report

STK
10-27-2000, 05:15 PM
July:

Ok, I'll be the first to admit I don't know a heck of a lot about soccer/football.
I have learned quite a bit about the game though from Championship Manager.
My team of choice will be FSV Zwickau in the German Regional. We have a balance of $80,000 and $8,000 in tranfer funds available to start with. Needless to say, I won't be going on a shopping spree for the next Pele(or whatever) any time soon.

My first order of business was to sack the existing staff and hire some new and better folks. The "new" staff consists of an American(me!), 3 Germans, 3 English blokes, a Scottish guy, a Swede, and a Dutchman. The only things we seem to have in common is that we all speak English, and we are all under the watchful eye of I. Neumann, the chairman, who seems like a nice enough fellow judging by his ratings. Next, I sent out a couple scouts to search for youngsters and set up my training regimine.

After looking over my roster and contimplating the team's financial situation, I've decided to transfer list all but two players from my squad. 23 year old keeper Robert Reschke and 23 year old striker Ronny Jank are the (un)lucky two. I signed both players to contract extenions through 2005.

After a few days of training, we recieve word that we have been selected to play in the German Cup tourney. First up will be Cottbus, a division 2 team, on July 31. I've decided to cancel our pre-season "friendly" tour of France due to this. I figure now is a good time to decide on my tactics and after a few hours(yes, hours), I've decided on a modified 3-3-4 formation(3 defenders, 3 midfielders, 4 forwards). Our keepers aren't very good, so my thought is I'll try to counter that by scoring more goals with this formation. Probably a bad idea, but oh well. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/ubb/wink.gif

While passing time preparing for the Cottbus match, I've managed to sign a few hot ***** prospects, but as they won't be seeing playing time in the near future, I won't even bother to mention their names.

Finally, game day is upon us...

Original Prankster
10-27-2000, 07:04 PM
Cool! http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Go RPI!