PDA

View Full Version : Fan loyalty challenge

Front Office Midget
11-28-2000, 07:31 PM
My first career here, I admit it is an FOF 2 challenge. It's simple: Take the worst fan base (the Cardinals) and work them up till their are in the Top 5, then jump to the worst team possible fan-wise again. The only house rules are Only 3 20-step FA offers (except your own) and the only trades offered by you must be players Unhappy or worse.

I arrive with the Arizona Cardinals, and will play this career along with a Cleveland Career, but only posting this one. I picked the Cards because they have the worst support in the NFL and wanted to see what I could do with them. I either wanted a new stadium or to move, so I wanted an instant winner in year one. Maybe not the best plan, but I went for the FA's.

So going into the season, this was my roster:

Position Player Current Future Exp
QB Jake Plummer VG VG 3
QB Dave Brown FA FA 8
QB Chris Griesen PO FA 1
RB Adrian Murrell GO GO 7
RB Michael Pittman GO GO 2
RB Mario Bates GO GO 6
FB Joel Makovicka FA FA 1
TE Johnny Williams VG EX 4
TE Terry Hardy FA FA 2
WR Davis Boston VG EX 1
WR Rob Moore VG VG 10
WR Billy Davis VG GO 5
WR Willie Davis VG GO 9
WR Tony Martin VG VG 10
WR Frank Sanders GO VG 5
C Aaron Graham GO GO 4
C Mike Devlin FA FA 7
G Will Wolford VG VG 14
G Lester Holmes GO GO 7
G Chris Dishman GO GO 3
T Richard Cooper GO GO 10
T James Dexter GO GO 4
T L.J. Shelton FA EX 1
P Scott Player FA FA 2
K Joe Nedney GO GO 4
DE Mike Fox VG VG 10
DE Andre Wadsworth GO EX 2
DE Tom Burke PO GO 1
DT Eric Swann VG VG 9
DT Joe Phillips VG VG 14
DT Mark Smith GO VG 3
LB Lamar Lathon VG VG 10
LB Wayne Simmons VG VG 7
LB Dixon Edwards GO GO 9
LB Rob Fredrickson GO VG 6
LB Terry Wooden GO GO 10
LB Johnny Rutledge GO EX 1
LB Tony McCombs GO VG 3
CB Aeneas Williams EX EX 10
CB Anthony Parker GO VG 10
CB Tom Knight FA GO 3
CB Corey Chavous FA GO 2
S Willie Clay EX EX 8
S Jerome Henderson VG VG 9
S Robert Blackmon GO GO 10
S Tommy Bennett G VG 4

My Roster Rating was 88, fourth best in the league. My cohesion was 62-66-52-63. Quite low, but I wasn't planning on this for the future yet. Right now I want to worry about these first 2 years with stadium referendums and what not, then I'll work on building a cohesive unit. I reset the gameplan to the league averages and then took 9 off of each one to favor the pass with Jake Plummer. My passing distances are 18-43-17-11. Run direction is 22-11-16-7-12-11-21. I would quick sim the season while having the scout manage the depth chart. I went 2-2 in preseason and got ready for the regular season. I was 2-2 with a struggling D when Eric Swann dislocated his elbow, out 2-3 months. I signed Dan Saleaumua to replace him. I was 9-3 when Lamar Lathon dislocated his elbow and was out for the season. I inactivated him and activated Eric Swann, listed as questionable. I was 11-3, with a shot to clinch home field @ 3-11 Atlanta, when Aeneas Williams went out with broke ribs. He would kill me, with 10 INTs and 2 TDs on the year. He went to IR so I signed Frankie Smith. Needless to say, he's not half as good. I got whooped and lost Boston and Makovicka! I signed Ironhead Heyward to be my FB and signed Paul Justin, as Plummer really got banged up and I want to have a safe backup QB. I went 11-5 and easily won the division and a first round bye, but lost my last 2 and Frisco won their last 2 to go to 12-4 and get homefield. We finished with 403 points and 362 against us! Obviously D problems. Jake Plummer was 55.3%, 3720 passing, 26 TDs, 16 INTs, and an 82.3 QB Rating. Murrell had 920 yards, a 4.4 AVG, and 11 TDs while Pittman had 297 yards and 2 TDs with a 3.8 AVG. Rob Moore had 75-1123-7 to lead the team, while McWilliams had an outstanding year with 60-716-4. B. Davis had 709 yards, Boston had 552, and W. Davis had 373. Jerome Henderson led the team with 80 tackles. Andre Wadsworth was great with 19 sacks in just his second year, while Fox added 10. I spoke of Aeneas Williams's great numbers, and Willie Clay added 5 picks. My schedule looked like this:

Opponent Result
Philadelphia Eagles W, 38-20
Miami Dolphins L, 3-37
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS L, 14-31
Dallas Cowboys W, 44-23,
NEW YORK GIANTS W, 38-14
WASHINGTON REDSKINS W, 21-19
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS W, 41-20
New Jersey Jets W, 20-16
DETROIT LIONS W, 28-13
DALLAS COWBOYS W, 41-25
New York Giants W, 24-10
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES L, 27-33
Washington Redskins W, 17-13
BUFFALO BILLS W, 20-13
Atlanta Falcons L, 17-37
Green Bay Packers L, 10-38

I used the bye in the playoffs to get jiggy wit' it. Then I returned to host Detroit. Barry Sanders led the league with 1860 yards on the year. In one game this season, we beat them 28-13, but Sanders had 17-117-1, quite a show, but the gamebreaker for them was Rivers with 3-105-1 and a 94 yard TD. All in all, our rushing D sucked. But Batch had about the worst game I've ever seen by going 12/36 for 122 yards, 0 TDs, and SIX picks! Plummer had 270 yards and 2 TDs while Murrell had 92 yards. So we hoped to keep up our dominance against them in the playoffs. They were the only team in the NFL who scored more points than us (408 to 403) but their D was much better (284 to 362). So we'll see what happens. I'm favored by 3 over the 10-6 NFC Central Champs.

Charlie Batch went out with 8:14 left in the first quarter, so Frank Reich came in. Yep, playoff miracle Frank Reich. They got a FG to get the first points on the board. Plummer hit Hardy from 1 yard out on the next possession to put us up 7-3. Corey Chavous picked off Reich on the next drive at our 45. Plummer hit Moore for a 14 yard TD and we were up 14-3. Willie Clay came back and picked it off at the exact same spot on the next drive! However, Nedney missed a 45 yard FG so we failed to capitalize. However, a great drive by Jake Plummer got us a 41 yard FG and a 17-3 lead at halftime. After running for over 200 yards against us during the regular season game, they only had 10 (12 actually because they kneeled the last play of the half) rushing yards in the first half. Plummer was on fire. Reich came out firing on their first drive of the half and they got a FG to make it 17-6 out lead. Plummer to Moore for 12 yards made it 24-6 our lead. Willie Clay picked off Reich at our 17 and ran it back to their 47. I cruised to a 38-9 win. Sanders had just 54 yards on 20 carries. Murrell had 88 yards on 14 carries for us, while Pittman had 6 for 42 and a TD. Plummer was great: 27-35-339-4-0. Davis had 9 catches for 99 yards and McWilliams was a target with 8-126. I was quite proud of my team. 9-7 Minnesota shocked Frisco 34-14 WITHOUT Cunningham, Smith, and Carter and WITH George, Hoard, and Reed. They'd attempt to the same here in Phoenix. Somehow, the line was even? I'd show them!

After they punted from 3 and out, we scored on our first drive with a 31 yard Plummer to Davis TD. 7-0! On our next drive, Murrell took it 70 yards for a TD! 14-0! But we can't be conservative vs. the Vikes. They would have had a FG but a Roughing the Kicker penalty on us led to an 8 yard George strike to Reed to make it 14-7. Uh-oh. Next time they got the ball, Anderson missed a 46 yard FG on 4th and 1. We couldn't capitalize on great field position and gave the ball back to them and George hit Ritchie for a TD from 6 yards on 3rd and 1, and suddenly it's tied! Nedney kicked a 37 yard FG to make it 17-14 at the half. Nedney hit a 42 yarder on our first drive of the half and we were up 20-14. Then I got screwed.

ARI 10 Player punted 44 yards from the ARI50.
MIN 89 Bates returned the ball 1 yard to the MIN07.
Tackled by ARI 85 Moore.
Extra point by MIN 1 Anderson was good.

I hate it when that happens- especially in a close playoff game! I was down 21-20 now! But I went back and cheated on them. I did a phony drive (where you hit call play, then have coach call play, then uncheck it before they do, you easily score almost every time. We got a FG to take the 23-21 lead. Fair is fair. With 1:53 left they hit a FG to take the 23-24 lead. I wasn't gonna let it happen though. I could have cheated a second time on them, but I already cheated 3 points from them, now I needed Plummer to have a good drive. We got it at our 20. ARI 16 Plummer pass was underthrown, intended for 83 Davis. ARI 16 Plummer pass completed to 87 McWilliams for 41 yards. Boo yeah! In yo face Minnesota! But I'm only down to their 39, well out of Nedney's range. ARI 16 Plummer pass was intercepted by MIN 30 Campbell at the MIN23. No!!! That can't happen! No! We got cheated by the Vikes! But we had all 3 TOs left so they were forced to punt. After a 16 yard return, we had the ball at our 43 with 45 seconds and no TOs left. 2 yarder to Murrell. Incomplete to Moore. ARI 16 Plummer sacked by MIN 99 Colinet for a loss of 6 yards. Time's up! I got screwed! The refs cheated me and gave me a 24-23 loss on a phony punt! According to the box score, the phony TD was a 93 yard fumble recovery for a TD by Colinet, the same guy that sacked Plummer. I got cheated, still! They didn't have a tremendous game, but Plummer let me down 26-48-315-1-1. Murrell had 21-125-1. McWilliams once again had 100 yards receiving. Minnesota was beat 31-17 by New England in the FO Bowl. Aeneas Williams was all-league 1st team CB. Andre Wadsworth was 2nd team DE. I had an 81 performance, 67 Value, 62 Profit, 83 difficulty, and a 69 year-end score.

Front Office Midget
11-29-2000, 05:51 PM

This is the year where I build for the future. Robert Blackman, Craig Heyward, and Terry Wooden retired. Immediately I'm gonna want a new stadium, or move. I want a renovation with a capacity of 90K, 10K club seats, and 200 luxury boxes. I'll pay half the 64 Million it will cost. I name Willie Clay the Franchise player. I raise the ticket prices 5% each. I am tied with Atlanta with the lowest support (25). With only 29 roster spots, I'll go after all 3 availabilities in 20-FA. Of course, I can only make 3 offers because of house rules (though this is kinda for my benifit, because I always have cap problems). I forgot to add my other house rule is all (re)negotiating offers are take it or leave it. But I can cut their salary if they wish. With 17 neccessary roster spots, I have $19.6 Mil under the cap. I made offers to RB Darick Holmes, FB Tim Lester, and T Richmond Webb. That of course does not include my own FAs I went after. In Week 9 I resigned Richard Cooper to a 4 yr./12.07 mil. contract. Then next week I got Mike Fox back to a 7.41 mil./2 yr. contract. Then I got Wayne Simmons with a 9.91/4 yr. deal. 2 valuable defensive players last year are back for the future. The two players I had my eye on in the draft were RB Harris Fisher and T Adrian Maine. Fisher went with the third pick to Atlanta (hey, I didn't think the other scouts saw what mine saw with a 6.9 overall draft board rating, I have the best scout out there you know). Maine went to New Orleans with the 13th pick. So with my first round pick I took G Gabe Donovan from Minnesota. Should be a starter in years to come. In the 2nd round I took T Spencer Trammell from Wyoming. Another great OL-to-be. RB Darrin Muth, CB Ray Case, TE Ralph Riti, WR Tony Buchanan, and S Isaac Stevenson followed in rounds 3-7. The referendum voting was finished, and to my shock, we got it 62.9% to 37.0%! This year's roster rating was 11, 2nd worst in the league! But it'll only go up, as I am now building for the future. My cohesion ratings are 61-71-77-75. Only 6 contracts to resign, but Rob Fredrickson and Chris Griesen didn't resign, so going into the year I am 3.74 mil under the cap. I'm gonna pass 1% more than last year. My run direction %s are 23-20-12-6-4-13-22. My pass distance %s are 19-42-17-11-11. So going into the season, this was my roster:

QB Jake Plummer VG VG 4
QB Dave Brown FA FA 9
QB Chris Griesen PO FA 2
RB Adrian Murrell GO GO 8
RB Michael Pittman GO GO 3
RB Mario Bates GO GO 7
RB Darrin Muth GO GO 1
FB Joel Makovicka FA GO 2
TE Johnny Williams VG VG 5
TE Terry Hardy FA FA 3
TE Ralph Riti FA FA 1
WR Davis Boston VG EX 2
WR Tony Martin VG GO 11
WR Willie Davis GO GO 10
WR Rob Moore GO GO 11
WR Frank Sanders GO GO 6
WR Tony Buchanan FA GO 1
C Aaron Graham FA FA 5
C Mike Devlin FA FA 8
G Lester Holmes GO VG 8
G Chris Dishman GO VG 4
G Gabe Donovan GO EX 1
T L.J. Shelton VG EX 2
T Richard Cooper GO FA 11
T James Dexter FA FA 5
T Spencer Trammell FA GO 1
P Scott Player FA FA 3
K Joe Nedney GO GO 5
DE Andre Wadsworth VG EX 3
DE Mike Fox VG VG 11
DE Tom Burke FA GO 2
DT Eric Swann GO GO 10
DT Mark Smith GO VG 4
DT Jeremy Staat FA GO 3
LB Wayne Simmons VG VG 8
LB Roman Phifer VG VG 10
LB Tony McCombs GO VG 4
LB Rob Fredrickson GO FA 7
LB Johnny Rutledge GO VG 2
CB Aeneas Williams EX EX 11
CB Ray Case GO VG 1
CB Tom Knight GO GO 4
CB Corey Chavous FA FA 3
S Willie Clay EX EX 9
S Tommy Bennett GO GO 5
S Isaac Stevenson FA FA 1

I went 2-2 in preseason. However, I lost Mike Fox for 2-3 months with a Dislocated knee. I signed Brady Smith to replace him. After I won Game 1, I lost Tony McCombs and Michael Pittman! I sign Carlos Emmons and S Orlando Thomas. After 5 games and a 3-2 record everyone was healthy except Pittman and Aaron Graham. I signed Mark Stepnoski and put Stevenson and Trammell on the Inactive Roster. At 4-5 Pittman was healthy but Fox was out again. At 5-6 Fox was healthy, but Brady Smith and McWilliams weren't. I activated Trammell. At 7-6 everyone was healthy except Graham and Thomas. I activated Stevenson and deactivated Riti and Trammell. The last game of the year, at 11-4 Washington, was a biggie. They were fighting for home field advantage, and at 8-7, a win would put us in the playoffs. At 8-8, a 4-8 conference record would not get us in. We needed to be 9-7. But they beat us 19-17. So we were out. Here was our final results:

Opponent Result
CLEVELAND BROWNS W, 24-17
DALLAS COWBOYS W, 23-17
New York Giants L, 28-35
Green Bay Packers L, 10-24
NEW YORK GIANTS W, 17-14
WASHINGTON REDSKINS L, 7-40
pHILADELPHIA EAGLES L, 21-23
Jacksonville Jaguars W, 23-17
Philadelphia Eagles L, 10-24
ST. LOUIS RAMS L, 14-42
Dallas Cowboys W, 27-16
CHICAGO BEARS W, 41-24
Baltimore Ravens W, 31-29
San Francisco 49ers L, 21-24
CINCINATTI BENGALS W, 20-18
Washington Redskins L, 17-19

Not nearly the year we had last year. We finished 4th in the division, with a 3-5 division record. We scored 334 points and gave up a whopping 383 points! Plummer disappointed everyone with a 53.2% on 571 attempts, 3732 yards, 25 TDs, 22 INTs, and a 72.1 QB Rating. Murrell wasn't much of a threat at RB with 701 yards and a 3.5 AVG and 5 TDs. Tony Martin had 1005 yards on 64 grabs and 8 TDs, Davis had 52-691-5, Boston had 48-633-4, and Moore had 39-406-0. Boston was awesome though with a 31.9 KR AVG and 2 TDs. Willie Clay led the team with 94 tackles while Simmons had 93 in 15 games. Wadsworth had another great year with 18 sacks. Aeneas Williams followed up last year's numbers with 7 INTs this year. Willie Clay had 6 INTs. Each had 1 TD. Definitely a disappointment this year. The Pats repeated as Super Bowl Champs. Wadsworth and Clay were first team All-league, Williams was 2nd. My Team Performance was 38, Value 75, Profit 56, Difficulty 82, and Year-end score 61.

Front Office Midget
11-30-2000, 04:36 PM

Nothing interesting happened in the offseason. I kept everything the way it was, except naming LB Carlos Emmons the Franchise Player, and went on to the FA Period. I received an offer at the start of the FA Period and thought long and hard. Kansas City offered me the #6 pick and C Casey Wiegmann (6th year better than any C of mine and decent salary) for Jake Plummer. I knew I could probably get a great QB for the future at #6. I also knew Plummer was the heart and soul of my offense. I checked his salary. 5.94 mil. Does he really deserve all that? He wouldn't take a cut, so I did it. I made the trade! But I didn't save it. I'd go back if I had cap problems. During the FA Period, I'd go after Jason Garrett, Duce Staley, and Tony Hutson. Garrett was gone after one week. I signed Hutson to an 11 mil./3 yr. deal. I looked at the draft pool and saw 4 great RBs and only one great QB. I had the 6th and 14th picks. So I thought about it and looked at the board. I figured WR Tharpe would go #1, but my QB would be the 2nd pick. Rogers and Carpenter, two RBs I liked, would likely go 3 and 4. I thought WR J.T. Harris would be #5, likely giving me Roger Carter at RB for the #6 pick. I didn't see myself getting a great future QB, though, with 6 or 14. I looked down further. Let's say Carter got taken #2 over my QB and I picked him. I only liked one more RB. At #7 WR Watson would go. QB Les Wynn (I didn't like him) would be #8. Down the list of key positions... my #4 favorite RB would likely end up still alive at 14. So if I had a shot to take my QB Dwight White (what a name!) at #6, I'd take him. For the first time in my life I didn't maximize speed. Pittsburgh took Tharpe with the first pick, as I expected. Seattle took Watson with the 2nd pick, wow never saw him coming at #2, he went 5 picks ahead of where I expected. The Saints traded their pick to Cincinatti. They traded it to Kansas City! I expected them to take a RB for sure. But instead they took WR Harris. My QB and all 4 RBs are still left! The Rams took WR Junior Humphries with #4. 1 pick left before me, and White is still left! I figured Baltimore may take a RB and leave me with White! Instead they took a CB! Dwight White, from, ironically enough, Arizona, was mine! Thank you Lord! Now I wonder if I'll get a RB at #14. White wasn't the best QB I've ever seen, but with 85-95-73-100-67-98-95-58 potential ratings, I figured he'd be great. So let's see if my RBs survive. Bruce Carpenter went at #8 to Detroit. Now 3 studs at RB left. When New Jersey picked a WR with #11, I had 3 RBs I liked left with just 2 picks in front of me! How sweet it is! New York took RB Skip Rodgers with the pick before me, but he wasn't even the RB that was top on my list, so I got who I wanted. I decided I'd go AGAINST my scout, who reccomended Roger Carter for the future, and take Lucido. Carter was better in Breakaway Speed and Catching, but they were equal or Lucido was better everywhere else. So I'd go with Lucido, who also had better immediate talent. So I took Randall Lucido from Mississippi with Pick #14. In the 2nd round I picked G Omar Gilbert from Colgate. He would be a force with my pick from last year for years to come. In rounds 3-7 I took LB Cornelius Hiatt, QB Mercury Buchanan, S Warren Nichols, and let the scout finish by taking DT Magic Mouth Houston and FB Blaine Bonnell. I saw Dwight White was only rated with a 69 in potential and a 34 for current (good enough to start) and only 6 points better potential-wise than Buchanan. But I knew the Overview was wrong by the Attributes. But whatever. Lucido was a 74 right now and a 94 future. So going into the season, this was my roster:

QB Dwight White FA VG 1
QB Dave Brown FA FA 10
QB Mercury Buchanan FA VG 1
RB Randy Lucido VG EX 1
RB Darrin Muth GO GO 2
RB Mario Bates GO GO 8
FB Joel Makovicka GO GO 3
TE Johnny Williams VG VG 6
TE Terry Hardy FA GO 4
TE Ralph Riti FA FA 2
WR Davis Boston EX EX 3
WR Willie Davis GO VG 11
WR Tony Martin GO GO 12
WR Frank Sanders GO GO 7
WR Rob Moore GO GO 12
WR Tony Buchanan FA GO 2
C Casey Wiegmann GO VG 6
C Aaron Graham FA FA 6
G Gabe Donovan VG EX 2
G Lester Holmes GO GO 9
G Chris Dishman GO VG 5
T Tony Hutson EX EX 5
T L.J. Shelton VG EX 3
T Richard Cooper GO GO 12
T Spencer Trammell GO VG 2
T James Dexter FA FA 6
P Scott Player FA FA 4
K Joe Nedney GO GO 6
DE Andre Wadsworth VG EX 4
DE Mike Fox GO GO 12
DE Brady Smith GO VG 6
DT Mark Smith GO GO 5
DT Eric Swann GO GO 11
DT Jeremy Staat FA FA 4
LB Wayne Simmons VG VG 9
LB Tony McCombs GO GO 5
LB Carlos Emmons GO VG 6
LB Roman Phifer GO FA 11
LB Johnny Rutledge GO VG 3
CB Aeneas Williams EX EX 11
CB Ray Case GO VG 2
CB Tom Knight GO GO 5
CB Corey Chavous GO GO 4
S Willie Clay EX EX 10
S Tommy Bennett GO GO 6
S Warren Nichols FA GO 1

With some pretty bad QBs right now, I am 20% above average in every situation for the run! I have the 2nd worst starting QB and the 2nd best starting RB. My Running Direction %s are 19-20-10-9-10-14-18 and my passing %s are 18-48-13-13-8. My roster rating was 14, 3rd worst in the league, and my 24 support was tied for dead last with Atlanta. My cohesions were 54-61-77-77. I went 3-1 in the preseason and was shut out in my final game. So we'll see what happens. I traded Dave Brown to Chicago for a 4th round pick and signed Glenn Foley. Suddenly I had a starter. I took 10% off all the running %s on downs. I changed my passing distance %s to 21-56-9-9-5. I was 2-1 when Gabe Donovan got hurt. I signed Benji Olson. At 5-6, Donovan was healthy, but I lost David Boston and Ray Case. I signed CB Calvin Jackson. I had a disappointed overall season at 6-10. But my players showed some great glimpses of their future. We scored 370 points while giving up 356, but I love the future of my team. Here was our schedule and results:

Opponent Result
New Orlean Saints L, 17-20
WASHINGTON REDSKINS W, 31-6
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS W, 47-20 (Plummer had 4 picks in his return to Arizona.)
Seattle Seahawks W, 31-21
DALLAS COWBOYS L, 16-20
New York Giants L, 14-33
Dallas Cowboys L, 10-21
OAKLAND RAIDERS L, 18-38
Washington Redskins W, 28-21
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES L, 27-34
ST. LOUIS RAMS W, 27-10
NEW YORK GIANTS L, 16-21
Philadelphia Eagles W, 42-17
Denver Broncos L, 13-20
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS L, 16-24
Detroit Lions L, 17-20

Definitely a painful year, especially the heartbreakers late in the year. My favorite team, GB, won the FO Bowl! http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/ubb/smile.gif Randall Lucido was OROY with 1216-4.3-66-16 and 38-340. Glenn Foley would have been named Comeback player of the year coming off of 55.7 and 48.4 ratings in Seattle to have 59.3%-3375-17-15-82.8 with just 431 attempts. Darrin Muth was a quality backup runner with 391 yards, a 3.3 AVG, and 2 TDs. Tony Martin had 54-939-7, Sanders had 41-702-5, Davis had 37-640-4, and McWilliams had 39-453. Wayne Simmons had 96 tackles. Wadsworth slowed a bit with just 12.5 sacks (still great!). Bennett, Williams, and McCombs all had 4 picks, with Bennett running one back for a TD. My team Performance was 23, Value 65, Profit 50, Difficulty 80, and Year-End Score 51.

Aaron Graham, Rob Moore, and Richard Cooper retired. I sat with the owner and we decided to replace Jermaine Andrews as head coach. With a 26-24 record, he led us to 1 playoff appearance. He 67. I get a new coach. 65-year-old Terry Downs, not expected for long-term use, but hopefully a good coach this year. Carlos Emmons is made the Franchise Player. With 7 roster positions needing filled I have only 3.99 under the cap! I am forced to skip the FA Perios. With the 9th pick in the draft I took Thomas Chandler, an incredible G from TCU. In the 2nd round I took QB Moe Stuart from Tulane. He would battle with Dwight White on who would be my QB of the future. In rounds 3-7 I took DT Mitch House, LB William Edinger, C Geoff Goodwin, and let my scout finish by taking LB Mel Francis, DE Geoff Tollefson, and RB Will Eagle. I had to cut Mike Fox to get under the cap by 40K. I considered trading Moe Stuart to Pittsburgh for a WR and a 1st round pick, but figured I could get more for him when he truly advanced. My Roster:

QB Dwight White GO EX 2
QB Moe Stuart GO EX 1
QB Mercury Buchanan FA GO 2
RB Randy Lucido EX EX 2
RB Darrin Muth GO GO 3
RB Mario Bates GO GO 9
FB Joel Makovicka FA FA 4
TE Johnny Williams VG VG 7
TE Ralph Riti FA GO 3
TE Terry Hardy FA FA 5
WR Davis Boston EX EX 4
WR Willie Davis GO GO 12
WR Frank Sanders GO GO 8
WR Tony Martin GO GO 13
C Casey Wiegmann GO VG 7
C Geoff Goodwin PO FA 1
G Gabe Donovan VG EX 3
G Lester Holmes GO VG 10
G Chris Dishman GO GO 6
G Thomas Chandler GO EX 1
T Tony Hutson EX EX 6
T L.J. Shelton VG VG 4
T Richard Cooper GO GO 12
T Spencer Trammell GO VG 3
T James Dexter FA FA 7
P Scott Player FA GO 5
K Joe Nedney GO GO 7
DE Andre Wadsworth EX VG 5
DE Brady Smith GO VG 7
DE Geoff Tollefson PO FA 1
DT Mark Smith GO VG 6
DT Eric Swann GO GO 12
DT Jeremy Staat FA FA 5
DT Mitch House PO FA 1
LB Wayne Simmons VG EX 10
LB Johnny Rutledge GO VG 4
LB Carlos Emmons GO VG 7
LB Tony McCombs GO GO 6
LB Mel Francis FA GO 1
LB William Edinger FA EX 1
CB Aeneas Williams EX EX 12
CB Ray Case VG VG 3
CB Corey Chavous GO GO 5
CB Tom Knight FA GO 6
S Willie Clay EX EX 11
S Tommy Bennett GO GO 7
S Warren Nichols FA GO 2

My roster rating is 46. My cohesion is 59-65-77-83. My run %s are 18-18-14-9-10-14-17 and my passing %s are 19-48-14-11-8. I went 2-2 in preseason. I lost Mark Smith before the year even started. I signed awesome DT Vince Amey and CB Deron Fouse. This turned out to be my worst year ever! My D had its best year, but my offense sucked! I went 4-12 while opponents outscored me 238-317! Here was my schedule:

Opponent Result
Minnesota Vikings W, 14-11
New York Giants L, 13-19
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES W, 26-14
DETROIT LIONS L, 17-27
Washington Redskins W, 13-10
MIAMI DOLPHINS L, 19-20
NEW YORK GIANTS L, 14-17
Carolina Panthers L, 25-29
WASHINGTON REDSKINS W, 17-14
ATLANTA FALCONS L, 3-22
Buffalo Bills L, 17-20
Dallas Cowboys L, 6-34
Philadelphia Eagles L, 10-13
NEW JERSEY JETS L, 10-22
DALLAS COWBOYS L, 17-23
New England Patriots L, 17-22

Sun Devil was simply not feared. People came in favored, and won. Where has my team gone? 1999 we went to the NFC Champ game. We've been going downhill every year since. It can't get much worse than this. I was happy with 6-10 last year. That's because that was our rebuilding period. Now this is ridiculous. Dwight White started 14 games and had 56.3%-2134-13-8-77.5 Lucido disappointed me with 1374-3.9-9, but was still all-league 2nd team. Willie Davis had 53-718-7, Boston had 48-563-1, and Lucido had 36-189-4. Willie Clay had 89 tackles and Simmons had 87. Wadsworth was back with 16.0 sacks and a 1st team all-league nomination and Amey had 10.5. But this next # is ridiculous. We had just 9 picks all year! Williams had 10 in 14 games 1999! WE had 9 all year! That was so ridiculous! Oakland repeated as AFC Champs and won this year over Dallas. Tony Hutson was all-league 1st team T with 29.8% BPCT and 5 sacks allowed. T.J. Shelton was 2nd team T with 35.6% and 7 sacks allowed. My performance was 2, Value 61, Profit 45, Difficulty 82, and Year-End Score 44.