PDA

View Full Version : A new Village Challenge????

Marmel
11-29-2000, 10:49 AM
I would be interested in starting up a new Village Challenge. If you are interested in being a part of this, please post a reply.

I love reading the ones currently running here, and everybody does a great job.

Also, if somebody from the current village challenges could give me a heads up on the best ways to proceed, any tips or advice, I would appreciate it.

Also, how, and which files need to be emailed?

I would prefer to use FOF2 for this challenge, but FOF2001 is a possibility.

Thanks.

Syrinx
11-29-2000, 11:04 AM
I'm currently in the VC II and would be happy to give you some tips via e-mail.

Fritz
11-29-2000, 12:06 PM
I think it would be fun to give it a go, and I suspect that I have the time to do it.

Subby
11-29-2000, 12:12 PM
The key is to keep the Universe Folder small - (thats what gets sent around from player to player). Make sure you only save box scores for your team and make saving game profiles and logs on an optional basis. And send it around as a Zip file.

Keep the number of participants manageable.

Institute some House Rules.

Establish keepers.

Give each GM a time limit for their turn (say a week to play two seasons).

You can go from there...

Good luck!

Marmel
11-29-2000, 12:14 PM
OK Fritz, your in.

Now if we could just get a 2 more. I think 4 people would be a good size. If everybody gets 1 week, then your turn comes up once per month.

Inter1
11-29-2000, 02:14 PM
Im new to this...but am all for a new challenge and to help others out too.

Carligula
11-29-2000, 09:20 PM
I'd love to join a Village Challenge. Count me in.

Marmel
11-30-2000, 09:26 AM
It looks like we have 4 of us, however I guess we can accept a 5th if you can let me know before we start this thing up.

So far it is:
Marmel
Fritz
Inter1
Carligula

If you guys could email me so I have your address' and let me know which team you want to play as. If I get 2 or more votes for any 1 team, we will go with them, otherwise we could hash it out. Also, let me know what kind of things you want to see us do in the form of house rules, and I will draft up something this weekend and get the ball rolling.

Also, like I said earlier, if there is one more who wants to get in, email me before this weekend.........

Thanks guys.

Carligula
11-30-2000, 09:54 PM
Do all of us have FOF2001?

I really like the keeper list idea; I would vote to incorporate that. Anything else is OK by me.