PDA

View Full Version : Need a Commish?

Dutch
01-05-2004, 10:44 PM
No, it's not signing your soul away to the devil. :D

I will offer my services to commish the IHOF to help you guys get it off the ground. When people started mentioning that somebody paid for the software to run this joint, I began to seriously consider giving back a little (assuming some of those same people who pay for me to raise hell here once in a while are in this league).

I think we can get this thing started in a week or so after some league decisions are made and set in stone.

I offer my services with this in mind...

1. There are about 60 actual stage imports that can happen. If we do 2 a week, that's about 7 months a season. Like real life, I'm thinking if you want to go that route, you might want to wait for football season to start again and not play FOF but just watch it on TV!

So I propose a 23 stage season that will cut some corners so it's more like 3 months per season. I can go over this if you want my help.

2. I will want to find out which files will be required for doing a full backup of the league so if I quit or die or get voted out or whatever, at least the league can stay alive.

3. I will push the *.fni and *.fcy (and *.bmp files if you want) for the league consistency. We can use 3ric's method of creating *.bat files to easily switch between "worlds".

4. Any vote will maintain a "majority rule" of 51% to pass.

5. I will not be able to commit time or resources to web page design/updating but will provide space for files to be downloaded from. I will hope that somebody can step up for that, preferably somebody in the league.

6. I will ask that the league members divy out any penalties to league owners and will only intervene if asked.

7. While I am almost always around, I would feel uncomfortable committing to anymore more consistant than a WED/SUN league.

8. All stage files will be sent to me before WED @ 10 Eastern and SUN @ 10 Eastern and I will get the new files uploaded within 24 hours of those points.

9. The league can continue without full player participation. If somebody is unavailable for a week, a month, a full season, the team can either be run by the computer in their absence or left to run in idle mode... obviously, the longer left unattended, the worse off your franchise becomes... but if you miss a few weeks, and it's not the offseason, you should be alright. Basically, the bottom line, is that if somebody falls asleep for a few stages, the league can cruise along. We all have lives afterall and I cannot promise I miss a deadline or two...but no penalty will be dished out for missing stages. End of year votes by the league owners will have to accomplish any of that stuff.

10. I reserve the right to step down at the end of any season, but I will (barring unforseen circumstances) not quit during a current season.

Let me know if you want me to take over for Vegas Vic. I gotta get some sleep and go to work in the morning, but I think I should have some reaction to all of this by tommorrow night.

Anthony
01-05-2004, 11:19 PM
how flexible are you on those points, or are you basically saying you're only in as a commish based on those stipulations?

i appreciate you stepping up and trying to help organize things so we can get off and running. i don't think we were ever elect the first guy who wanted to be commissioner, so hopefully you can wait several days before hearing our votes.

also, i don't think there's a big *need* to get the league started next week. impatient we may be, i think we all have a desire to see things done right rather than rushing into it, or else the league would have started already.

i don't speak for the league, but nevertheless thanks again for stepping up. i hope we can get other good candidates so that we have a hard time choosing, cuz that would mean we have more than one quality guy to choose from.

Dutch
01-06-2004, 07:33 PM
HA,

Yeah, those conditions are pretty much rock solid. I didn't think any of them were unreasonable or would be damaging to the league.

As for other candidates, now it seems that Fido has stepped up to offer his services as commisioner, and I don't want to get into a contest with him or anybody.

My thinking was that there was absolutely zero interest from anybody in being commissioner since Vegas Vic had to back out. My offer was only as a favor to you all. Not a big deal.

MIJB#19
01-08-2004, 04:24 AM
Dictator Dutch does sound very cool.

Samdari
01-08-2004, 07:48 AM
Wel, Dutch, I don't see condition #6 working for this league at all. A very common sentiment expressed here is that people want a strong decision maker. I see doling out discipline as the most important role for any league.

Dutch
01-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Samdari,

There's a million ways to tackle #6. I was saying that if a player was caught doing something he wasn't supposed to (for instance) that I wouldn't leave it up to myself to kick that person out if that's what I figured was the thing to do. I would expect the owners to vote on penalties and disciplinary actions like that.

I was actually trying to give up some of my Dictator powers...but hey, 9 out of 10 ain't bad.