PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a league...

Fido
01-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Not to participate in as an owner, but to test out and tweak various utilities. I have a second league based utility almost ready to try out - a front end which incorporates transmission of exports to a FTP Server; retreival of league files, city data and logos from a FTP server; Swapping in and out of city files and logo files automatically when the Launch FOF button is clicked.
I also have a bunch of web space available that I could contribute to a FOF Reporter set of pages.

All I would be looking for in return woudl be contructive criticism on the outout of the reporter and the usability of any other utilities that I create. Not "This is awesome", or "it doesn't work on my system", but suggestions to improve the appearance/usability of the utilities.

Flasch186
01-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Fido:

If you want to you could grab the league files off of the USFL site and i could fwd on all of the imports each time. Then you could host the results on your site and i would direct all of my owners to visit over there....where maybe you could have a msg. board for discussion.

What I couldnt do is run it on the "real" usfl and risk damaging the league files, or stuff. anything else ill help you out with.

Speaking of which...do you know how i can egt the header on the reporter to always put the usfl logo instead of the "sample fof reporter..."?

Thanks

Not to participate in as an owner, but to test out and tweak various utilities. I have a second league based utility almost ready to try out - a front end which incorporates transmission of exports to a FTP Server; retreival of league files, city data and logos from a FTP server; Swapping in and out of city files and logo files automatically when the Launch FOF button is clicked.
I also have a bunch of web space available that I could contribute to a FOF Reporter set of pages.

All I would be looking for in return woudl be contructive criticism on the outout of the reporter and the usability of any other utilities that I create. Not "This is awesome", or "it doesn't work on my system", but suggestions to improve the appearance/usability of the utilities.

Anthony
01-11-2004, 11:39 PM
there's talk about making you a candidate for IHOF Commish. we're already in the voting process for Dutch, but there's some talk that we should have more candidates before we vote. you'd be a worthy candidate and we'd like to hear what ideas you have if you were in fact to become our Commish. head over to the IHOF forum when you're ready.

Fido
01-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Fido:

Speaking of which...do you know how i can egt the header on the reporter to always put the usfl logo instead of the "sample fof reporter..."?
Thanks
Modify the header_index.htm (or index_header.htm - the file with both header and index in its name :)). That file is straight HTML - no templayes or replacements included in it. Set that up how you wnat it and it will be generated that way each time.

You may also have to modify index.html to change the height of the top row.