PDA

View Full Version : TPF BETA patch 1.24 Released

Northwood_DK
01-15-2004, 03:11 AM
http://www.400softwarestudios.com/redist/T...F_Patch_124.exe (http://www.400softwarestudios.com/redist/T...F_Patch_124.exe)

Fixed:
<LI>You could backload contracts and it was hard to see when incentives had an inpact.Fixed. You will get a message from the agent if you backload, put a roster bonus late in a deal or try to overpay by incentives. LTBE Incentives also matter more for contract offer. Non-LTBE are only worth a fraction of their real value when an agent considers a deal.
<LI>RTE - After pressing sim to end after about 20 rounds in a fantasy draft.Fixed - It's about time <!--emo&;)-->http://www.400softwarestudios.com/invboard/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif<!--endemo-->.
<LI>Box Score Drive summaries sometimes do not line up with what really happened from both a time and yardage standpoint. Fixed.
<LI>Sometimes users will get prompted to accept penalties against their own team.Fixed.
<LI>Issue where if you scored on the last play of the game and went for two, time would be added on to the clock sometimes.Fixed.
<LI>Issue where delay of games, false starts or other dead ball penalties would run a play before listing the penalty when one should not have been run (and potentially get injured).Fixed.
<LI>Penalties on missed FGs sometime seem to get treated for the reverse team.Fixed.
<LI>Penalties on turnovers sometime seem to get treated for the reverse team.Fixed.
<LI>Atlanta's TE was credited for tackling its own RB.Fixed. This fix involves all PBP mentions of a player being tackled by his own teammate.
<LI>When you edit a head caoch and change him from offense to defense, it didn't completely register when looking at the staff page.Fixed.
<LI>RTE 91 when advancing after week 10.Fixed.
<LI>RTE 91 during the season - related to QB injuries.Fixed.

GoSeahawks
01-15-2004, 03:22 AM
Just curious, how is the game now? I purchased the game on release day, but returned it a few days later. How does it stack up to FOF?

Philliesfan980
01-15-2004, 07:30 AM
I was wondering the same thing, if most of the bugs are fixed (the crash ones) and you can do 2pt conversions and such, I'd buy the game.

pjstp20
01-15-2004, 08:07 AM
I was wondering the same thing, if most of the bugs are fixed (the crash ones) and you can do 2pt conversions and such, I'd buy the game.If thats your criteria then you should just wait till 1.2 is out of Beta and buy the game. Its an overall good first generation game, but as someone whose played FOF it just doesnt match up yet, and thats to be expected. Theres no end of season awards outside of pro bowl selections, theres no option to spike the ball or kneel down, stats, PBP, and AI still need work. Plus I dont think you can fire or hire new head coaches, although I'm not absolutly sure about this. No new features are going to be added until the next version, so if you cant live without these things dont get it.

For all the flack the FOF PbP gets, it gives you all the necessary info on every play, the TPF radio style PbP will leave out the tackler and how many yards were gained (i.e. player x is down at the 41) if you're at the 40 you dont know which 41 the PBP is talking about. You wouldnt think this would bother you given theres a graphical representation of where the ball is, but it does. Plus theres a ton of little things. You cant scroll through spreadsheets with the wheel of your mouse, you have to click on the directional arrows, which gets old.

Graphically however the game is nice. I really like the game screen, which I hate in FOF. Plus theres some mods out there that really make the game look nice. I think this game has a lot of potential if they iron out the kinks that any first game has.

Cuckoo
01-15-2004, 09:38 AM
There are still some issues at this point, and pjstp20's right about the PBP. It's not quite there yet. But, I just bought it, and I'd be lying if I said this game wasn't fun. It's much deeper than I expected it to be, and there are a lot of neat things that FOF2k4 doesn't have. While it's not near as tight as FOF2k4 overall, these differences definitely make it worth the money. I've already played it more than I did FOF4.

SirFozzie
01-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Looks like I'll have to dust this one out of mothballs. I said I'd give it another shot once the crashes were fixed, and I'm good to my word :)

MizzouRah
01-15-2004, 11:06 AM
I think I'll wait on TPF2, as much as I want to see this game in person, FOF2k4 has been great thus far - with only a minor oddity or two.

I'm thinking by the time I get away from TCY and FOF2k4, baseball fever will be hitting me. :)

By all means, post on how the game has progressed, I still like to read about TPF.

Todd

mattwakeman
01-15-2004, 11:09 AM
1.25 already out (minor bug fixes) and Arlie is changing the pbp in some ways (i.e. to show what skill offensive players are available for the play) in a first step in answering some of the demands for changes to pbp. It is getting there.

MikeVic
01-15-2004, 11:53 AM
So this game is fun to play if you don't care about pbp? Is there at least MVP awards and stuff? And how's the trade AI? Do computer teams trade with each other, or are they easy to hose when you try to trade with them? Does this game have realistic stats?

pjstp20
01-15-2004, 12:00 PM
No end of season awards outside of pro bowl selections. These wont be included until version 2, so dont expect them in any patch. Arlie said that his only remaining goals for this game was to get rid of bugs, and tighten up the PbP. So any new features will come in the next game.

Cuckoo
01-15-2004, 12:06 PM
I don't care a lot about PBP. That's why the issues with it don't really bother me. In fact, I sim the majority of my games, playing only the big ones. When I do pay them, there are minor annoyances, but nothing show-stopping in my view.

There are pro-bowl rosters, but I have not found MVPs or Rookies of the Year. This bugs me, but I don't have 1.24 or 1.25 so I can't comment on whether this was added. There's always the possibility, of course, that I'm missing them somewhere.

Computer teams trade only on draft day, I believe, for picks. For the most part, it looks farely well done. I know that I have not been able to hose the computer when trying to trade. In fact, I tried to trade for Atlanta's pick because they had number two overall, and there was a stud QB on the board which I needed. I had to give up a multitude of picks and some solid players to get it.

As for stats, I'm using the NFL roster set, and things look pretty solid thus far. This is different than the default rosters that come with the game, though, so I don't know how those play out. It's still not in the realm of FOF yet, as there are a few issues with stats, but overall it's not too bad at all.

I was very skeptical at first and waited some time to buy the game. Now, though, I consider it money well spent, as the crashes are gone, and the engine is only getting better with each patch.

JasonC23
01-15-2004, 12:17 PM
I think I'll wait on TPF2, as much as I want to see this game in person, FOF2k4 has been great thus far - with only a minor oddity or two.

I'm thinking by the time I get away from TCY and FOF2k4, baseball fever will be hitting me. :)

By all means, post on how the game has progressed, I still like to read about TPF.

Todd
I agree with all of this. FOF2004 "did it" for me, so I'm not buying TPF now, and certainly won't when it's summer and baseball is all I care about. :) But I really do want to hear how everyone feels about the latest post-patch version of TPF, because, despite the negative things I've said about it, I have the feeling that when it's really ready for primetime, it's going to be very sweet. :cool:

MizzouRah
01-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Considering Jim's next project will probably something OTHER than FOF2k5, TPF2 could be a big seller next year for .400 studios. Hopefully features will only be added once a solid game has been ironed out.

Todd

Primal
01-15-2004, 02:33 PM
For some reason when I think of this game I just think of spaghetti code. It has to be ugly in there.

Anyway I hope it becomes a solid game.

Noble_Platypus
01-15-2004, 03:28 PM
So, if the computer trades only on draft day and only for picks, does that mean that they dont plan on having the computer trade any other time or for players? I know before that it didnt trade at all, so they must have added this, but they didnt go so far as it trades other than draft day for picks. Does anyone know if they will be expanding the trading part? I am another who will wait until at least TPF2 before I consider purchasing the game.

pjstp20
01-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Noble, it doesnt look like any other features will be added to this version of the game. I'm just as dissapointed in this news as anyone. You can see the post by the main developer over at the .400 studios TPF general discussion forum.

Vince
01-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Would they consider kneeling or spiking the ball 'new features?' I still can't believe they're leaving out/have left out critical elements of the way football is played...

MikeVic
01-15-2004, 04:25 PM
If you think about it, when have trades happened during the season in the real NFL? I can't really remember any trades besides around drafting time. And all trades invove some picks.. but usually players as well. No demo for this game?

pjstp20
01-15-2004, 05:49 PM
The demo is coming out when the beta process for 1.2 is complete, which should be within the next week.

Buccaneer
01-15-2004, 06:10 PM
I think it feels right enough to buy this now but with my upcoming surgery/recovery and continuing to play Gothic II, that would put me right into the release of OOTP6. Appears I will wait on TPF until v2.

tucker342
01-15-2004, 06:55 PM
The demo is coming out when the beta process for 1.2 is complete, which should be within the next week.

Finally! I'm very interested to try out the demo and to see how it plays.:)

CHEMICAL SOLDIER
01-16-2004, 12:42 AM
The only problem I have is that I can only view a HOF's career stats and can't access his year to year stats after he retires ....maybe on the next patch .

cincyreds
01-16-2004, 09:42 AM
just saw that Arlie release a 1.26 version.

Wow! Arlie sure is working hard making this game a good one if isn't already.

Arles
01-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Just as an aside, 1.3 will have QB spikes, kneeldowns, more awards (MVP, ROY, DEF POY, OFF POY) and continued refinement of the engine. I will look at maybe having one day of AI-AI trading before camp. But, I can't promise this right now. Trading outside of draft day is rare in the NFL and not like other sports (ie, baseball or hockey). So, there are other things I wanted to get doen first.

As to the career stats, you can view the career leaders for the top 100 players in any given stat. So, that encompasses a lot more than just HOF guys. You also can see the career stats for every draft pick ever taken by going round to round since the start of the league. I also output all the player stats every season into the season.dat and have already put a few people on the mod path to have reports and ability to view year-by-year stats for any player that has ever had more than 10 starts in their career.

MikeVic
01-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Just as an aside, 1.3 will have QB spikes, kneeldowns, more awards (MVP, ROY, DEF POY, OFF POY) and continued refinement of the engine. I will look at maybe having one day of AI-AI trading before camp. But, I can't promise this right now. Trading outside of draft day is rare in the NFL and not like other sports (ie, baseball or hockey). So, there are other things I wanted to get doen first.

As to the career stats, you can view the career leaders for the top 100 players in any given stat. So, that encompasses a lot more than just HOF guys. You also can see the career stats for every draft pick ever taken by going round to round since the start of the league. I also output all the player stats every season into the season.dat and have already put a few people on the mod path to have reports and ability to view year-by-year stats for any player that has ever had more than 10 starts in their career.

Looking good. :) I agree about the trading. Some trades before a draft is all I care about.