PDA

View Full Version : IV.19 {HELL} Season 22 Dynasty!

lytic
03-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Here it is, the long awaited season 22 dynasty thread.

Of course, we have the originals and the deepest rivalry in all of FOFC:

The SouthPark Cows (SPC) from Nebraska, headed up by myself: lytic aka Jay Gargan.
A defender trainer... for some odd reason. Also the U20 trainer for Hanguk... for some odd reason.

...and the rival:

The Gargoyles (Evil Gargs) from Chicago, headed up by the mastermind: ravenhawk aka ravenhawk.
Forward trainer... and most luckiest bastard in all of IV.19.

...and:

Fockers (Focks) from Philly, headed up by the insane: Hobbes- aka Nate Something.
A Playmaking trainer... like everyone else. Also he has way too much spare time.

...and of course the all time IV.19 player:

The Mad Huligans (hulis) from Kansas, headed up apoc's cousin: bluemage35 aka Cody Gorges.
A Keeper trainer... that I think wants to switch to something else. Did I mention that he's apoc's cousin?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Here's the Historical standings:

Series: IV.19 (636)

Historical standings

Team Played Goals Points
1. EVillIVE 70 195 - 122 122
*2. The Mad Huligans 75 197 - 170 120
3. LINX 55 192 - 82 111
*4. Gargoyles 56 154 - 101 106
+5. Mountaineer Soccer 45 152 - 80 82
*6. SouthPark Cows 56 104 - 103 77
+7. zyzzerz 28 116 - 31 73
8. Ricecrackers 28 112 - 29 71
*9. Fockers 42 67 - 96 48
10. Fair Oaks Diamonds 14 52 - 4 42
11. CrazyCoCo 14 60 - 3 40
-12. Arsenal A.C. 14 30 - 24 23
13. Kix 14 20 - 36 14
14. the demolishers 6 12 - 12 9
15. greg's guys 14 30 - 58 9
*16. Aviators 14 14 - 42 4

* = FOFC player
+ = bastard
- = non FOFCer Currently in IV.19

Fixtures:

week 1
2004-03-08 01:00:00

all day i dream about soccer - Gargoyles
Arsenal A.C. - SouthPark Cows
Fockers - The Mad Huligans
Rocket Dive - OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS

week 2
2004-03-15 01:00:00

The Mad Huligans - all day i dream about soccer
OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS - Arsenal A.C.
Gargoyles - Rocket Dive
SouthPark Cows - Fockers

week 3
2004-03-22 01:00:00

Arsenal A.C. - Gargoyles
Fockers - OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS
The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows
Rocket Dive - all day i dream about soccer

week 4
2004-03-29 01:00:00

all day i dream about soccer - SouthPark Cows
OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS - The Mad Huligans
Gargoyles - Fockers
Rocket Dive - Arsenal A.C.

week 5
2004-04-05 01:00:00

Arsenal A.C. - all day i dream about soccer
Fockers - Rocket Dive
The Mad Huligans - Gargoyles
SouthPark Cows - OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS

week 6
2004-04-12 01:00:00

all day i dream about soccer - OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS
Arsenal A.C. - Fockers
Gargoyles - SouthPark Cows*
Rocket Dive - The Mad Huligans

week 7
2004-04-19 01:00:00

Fockers - all day i dream about soccer*
The Mad Huligans - Arsenal A.C.
OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS - Gargoyles
SouthPark Cows - Rocket Dive

week 8
2004-04-26 01:00:00

Rocket Dive - SouthPark Cows
Gargoyles - OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS
Arsenal A.C. - The Mad Huligans
all day i dream about soccer - Fockers*

week 9
2004-05-03 01:00:00

The Mad Huligans - Rocket Dive
SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles*
Fockers - Arsenal A.C.
OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS - all day i dream about soccer

week 10
2004-05-10 01:00:00

OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS - SouthPark Cows
Gargoyles - The Mad Huligans
Rocket Dive - Fockers
all day i dream about soccer - Arsenal A.C.

week 11
2004-05-17 01:00:00

Arsenal A.C. - Rocket Dive
Fockers - Gargoyles
The Mad Huligans - OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS
SouthPark Cows - all day i dream about soccer

week 12
2004-05-24 01:00:00

all day i dream about soccer - Rocket Dive
SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans
OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS - Fockers
Gargoyles - Arsenal A.C.

week 13
2004-05-31 01:00:00

Fockers - SouthPark Cows
Rocket Dive - Gargoyles
Arsenal A.C. - OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS
all day i dream about soccer - The Mad Huligans

week 14
2004-06-07 01:00:00
OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS - Rocket Dive
The Mad Huligans - Fockers
SouthPark Cows - Arsenal A.C.
Gargoyles - all day i dream about soccer

Predictions (Pre-season)

By: Hobbes-
To: Everyone 907883.1
2/24/2004 at 06.53
Anyone bold enough to throw some info out there?

Personally I think I need to see what offseason moves everyone does before I have a good idea what to predict.. but first impressions.. I'll do a prediction. Then I'll fix it up a little after I see all the moves for each team:

So I guess I'll splurge about my first glances of each team:

adidas: I'm not sure what to expect from this team. As I stated before I was under the impression that he had a well planned flexible team. His avg's in ratings are atop the series. Look out!

Mastiffs: Looks like he's bought 3 formidable players lately. He already had a mid 70's ratings squad, look for him to hop into the 80's with the rest of us. I think this team is gonna be right in the mix.

Rocket: Lookin at his transfers, it doesn't seem like he's gonna have the firepower needed to stick around and show off some guns.. this season. Overall, looked like it's a well rounded team, just not ready for this division despite getting ratings that would put him in the mix in any other d.IV.

AAC: I thought this team was gonna dominate last season. After the first few games doing awesome, he somehow dropped right into the mix. Has an overall good team. He seems pretty quiet about things so I'm not too sure what he's got up his sleeves.

Gargs: What can I say last season this team was on fire. Almost every match seemed to go his way despite what ratings said. Well played and positioned players helped this team. I'm sure he's gonna improve from last season. We'll see how much.

SPC: This team took a hit early last season to attempt to play the CA effectively. While some ppl manage to do so, it doesn't seem to work for this guy. Don't underestimate him however because he's got a stacked team. As always this team will be right in the mix, and will shut down any team on any day (except the Gargs of course).

Huligans: This team was right in the mix last season and had a great 2nd half. The transfer wire seems to be his new home b/c he's been making a lot of moves lately. We'll see what studs he's brought in and how effectively he will use them.

Fockers: Well what can I say about my team. I most likely have the strongest midfield in the series, but 2 of my starters are going out the door. I too have been all over the transfer market as of lately, and will continue to make a buncha moves before next season. I still have 3 guys to export and 4 to import so we'll see what I can do. For some reason I always manage to be the team worrying about demotion with 3-4 weeks left in the season. Maybe I can change that this season. We'll see.

Soo.. here are my predictions.. before I see what every team does.. it's so hard to predict shit in this series to be honest b/c any team can beat any other team on any given day. So here goes...

1. adidas (no you won't win out.. don't even think about it)
2. SPC (wtf is right)
3. Gargs
4. Fockers
5. AAC
6. Huligans
7. Mastiffs (this team is gonna be REALLY close to 6th)
8. Rocket

Edited 2004-02-24 06:55:11 by Hobbes-

Hobbes-
Owner of Fockers (71987)
Region: Philadelphia
Series: IV.19
Supporter of Project III.19
Reply to this

To: Everyone 907883.2 as reply to 907883.1
2/28/2004 at 00.05
wow everyone is scared of admitting how dominant my team is.. me thinks. Either that or Puffer is leaking the wrong info once again.

Hobbes-
Owner of Fockers (71987)
Region: Philadelphia
Series: IV.19
Supporter of Project III.19
Reply to this

By: lytic
To: Hobbes- 907883.3 as reply to 907883.1
2/28/2004 at 00.38
Since I've had no time to look at anything yet, I'll go off of gut feelings.

1. adidas
I think I remember looking at this team a long time ago. I'm think he's gonna need to play a qual game to get out of IV.19 though.
2. Fockers
Midfield is everything in this game, right?
3. Gargs
I hate you!
4. AAC
admit it, you like IV.19
5. SPC
Where I would like to be... I think Nate had too much to frink when he put us at #2.
6. Huligans
I never know with these guys, isn't he changing training?
7. Mastiffs
Welcome to IV.19!
8. Rocket
Sorry, you are in IV.19...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Proud Owner of the SouthPark Cows...
season 16,17,18,19,20,21&22!

Proud Manager of U20 Hanguk (South Korea)...
season 19,20,21&22!
Reply to this Edit Delete

By: ravenhawk
To: lytic 907883.4 as reply to 907883.3
2/28/2004 at 01.14
Ok, I'll go ahead an post some predictions here. I think that I've done enough studying to make relatively inaccurate predictions.

1. Fockers - Go figure. If he doesn't win, he'll certainly be most improved. The boys from Philly have added a lot of help and shored up that non-existent offense from last year. Awesome midfield along with good attack and good defense? Sounds like a formula for a championship to me.

2. Adidas - The race this year will be between Adidas and Fockers. Close second for Adidas. The head to head matches between Fockers and Adidas will be fun to watch.

3. Cows - I obviously didn't have as much to drink as Fockers, so I'm putting SouthPark at #3. They have a team that can make a run at the championship or slide to 5th, so I averaged the two out and put them at 3rd.

4. Gargoyles - It doesn't look like I will be able to upgrade everything that I need to upgrade this year. Starting out with two injured midfielders isn't going to help either. I don't like qualification matches, so I'll try to stay above that line.

5. Arsenal - A good team, but I can't find a training program for them. They should be good enough to get a qualifier. They may be able to survive this year, but may not be able to tread water next year if their training program isn't built.

6. Huligans - Soon to be the kings of IV.19 with Evil being relegated. Huligans are going through a season of change. Lots of replacement players on this team this year. If they decide to fight, they will get a qualifier.

7. Mastiffs - I like this team and I hate to put them at number 7. The reason that I do is out of respect for the other teams above them. My gut tells me that the Mastiffs will be in IV.19 for season 23, but I'm not sure who they will knock into auto demotion to stay up. Consider this ranking a 6.5.

8. Rockets - Unless the gods of Hattrick smile upon the Rockets and deliver unto them a week 1 YP worth $5M, this team will be feeding at the bottom of the series from Week 1 all the way to week 14. No offense to the Rockets, but this series seems a little too tough for them.

---------------------------------
Raven Hawk - GM and Beer Vendor of The Evil Gargoyles (70991)
HT should promote all of IV.19 and call us III.19
Reply to this

By: gpfeiffer
To: Everyone 907883.5 as reply to 907883.1
2/29/2004 at 23.22
1. dream
2. fockers
3. gargoyles
4. spc
5. arsenal
6. hulligans
7. mastiffs
8. rocket dive

i am impressed by fockers, but i honestly dont think they have enough offense to be much of a threat to me. gargoyles clearly have talent. spc is a very strong team but everyone knows that 5-3-2 just doesn't work (look what happened to bjorn .. he's STILL in III.1). arsenal and hulligans seem to be pretty closely matched teams.. and mastiffs and rocket seem to be lacking a little in the midfield.

thats my prediction..

Good luck to all!

Raven Hawk
03-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Lytic,

I thoroughly enjoy the "+" demarcation next to certain names on the All-time IV.19 list.

LMAO!

BlueMage
03-04-2004, 06:48 PM
apoc's cousin? I do like having the all time most points of active series IV.19 participants.. hehe.. I guess that's the only way I can make that look good. I'll come up with some preds for the season b4 sunday, as well as sunday preds. Anyone want to do a pre-sesason all first team series IV.19?

Hobbes-
03-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Anyone want to do a pre-sesason all first team series IV.19?

Do a what?

oh and lytic why was your games vs Gargs and my games vs Adidas *'d ??? hmmm?!?

KevinNU7
03-05-2004, 04:44 PM
You guys need to change the links in your signatures

lytic
03-05-2004, 04:53 PM
yes we do... one thing at a time. I'm on dial up.

The * was place due to rival week. You seemed to have adidas on your radar screen. It could get ugly like gargs and I.

Hobbes-
03-06-2004, 12:23 AM
to be honest, I dunno if I can contend with adidas. I just want to scare him a little :D

To: Everyone 907883.8 as reply to 907883.7
3/6/2004 at 07.17
I'm kinda dissapointed that hardly anyone posted predictions. As I said earlier, I'd post some predictions later and here they are after looking at teams a little more carefully:

1. adidas
2. gargs
3. fockers
4. huligans
5. SPC
6. AAC
7. MASTIFS
8. Rocket Dive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now my reasoning..

1. adidas: Unfortunately, this team is still a level ahead of everyone elses, which makes it easy to talk trash. Don't assume however that 1st will be given to this team. Every team wants to win the division and they're all gunnin for adidas.

2. gargs: He picked up a keeper, and seems to have things going pretty well. If his players get some better form, I expect a run for the top again, just like last season. This is a great all around team, with perhaps the midfield as the weakest area.

3. fockers: I changed my team around so much. Expect more goals in the future for the Fockers, but also more goals let up against. I invested a large sum of money in my youth squad in the off season, so I just wanna be in the mix as always.

4. Huligans: I am impressed with the amount of players hulis has picked up in the off season (almost as many as me). This guy made some huge improvements to his team. I'm expecting a lot from him this season.

5. SPC: Who said defense was good? Another building year for the cows. Maybe he can shoot for most ties against and try to beat the Fockers record of 7 in one season.

6. AAC: This team hasn't been very active. A few players gone, and one new player imported. I'm not expecting anything new and supurb from this team. Let's hope he becomes a little more active. He does have a great team however, and can be anywhere from 3rd to 7th.

7. MASTIFS: Lots of building after coming off a dominant season. Lets hope he can keep the momentum and mix in with the others of IV.19. Lack of experience in THIS division will most likely keep this team 6th or 7th. Besides the Huligans, this is another team to watch out for.

8. Rocket Dive: I feel bad predicting the demotion spots, but this team almost doesn't have a chance. Maybe he can turn things around and throw some spark into the fire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always, I'm very excited for yet ANOTHER season in IV.19. Good luck to all teams, may all your midfielders get injured.

-------------

To: Everyone 944538.1
3/6/2004 at 07.24

all day i dre - Gargoyles 3-2
I'm really not sure what either team can do or what either team is doing here. I think it will be close however.

Arsenal A.C. - SouthPark Cow 1-1
Lytic always get screwed, but I think his defense can keep him in this game. I really dunno what AAC has planned for this one at all either.

Fockers - The Mad Hulig 4-3
My match.. hmm well a win would be good, but who knows Huligans have a stacked team now.. I hope I can pull one off here.

Rocket Dive - OLDE ENGLISH 0-4
MASTIFS get a good season start and bring out the guns..

Yeah I know predictions are a little dull, I'll try to do a little better next week, after I see how all these off-season transfers have panned out for teams. Good Luck All. Even you Hulis :D

lytic
03-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Got an season long trainee...
formidable passing, solid winger, inad defending.

I'll train him up to solid defender and send him on his way.

Raven Hawk
03-08-2004, 10:15 AM
Man, Adidas is the cockiest of them all.

Hobbes-
03-08-2004, 12:05 PM
I want kix and mikebrown back!

lytic
03-08-2004, 05:54 PM
ditto to both statements

lytic
03-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Arsenal A.C. - SouthPark Cows 2 - 1

View game: HT Live
Date: 3/8/2004 at 01.00
MatchID: 17275920
Arena: Highbury
Crowd: 40025

The 40025 spectators at Highbury were in for an afternoon of sunshine. AAC tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Klossovsky - Meijers, Nilsson, van Roessel - Åhnen, Davidsson, Balodis Matesanz, Björkbeck, Williams - Tobiasson, Håkansson.

SouthPark tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Tirado - Davis, An, Fredriksson, Cronbom, Tewari - Guy, Millard, Danhof - Dey, Orkola.

SouthPark were relying on their ability to counter-attack. SouthPark mounted an inspired counterattack in the 8:th minute, but Robert Dey was unable to convert from short range. It was a hot and sunny day, and several players seemed worn out. Maybe this was why Nestor Tobiasson found unusually much space for his snappy footwork. Nestor Tobiasson was very close to giving AAC the lead with an ingenious free kick routine in the 32nd, the ball just grazing the bar. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Hylke van Roessel needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. Nestor Tobiasson was very close to giving AAC the lead with an ingenious free kick routine in the 39:th, the ball just grazing the bar. One of many good passes from Patrik Åhnen at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Lars Håkansson, scoring for AAC to 1 - 0. The referee showed SouthParks Tory Guy the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. AAC were forced to a substitution as Nestor Tobiasson couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Robbie Maynard to come in from the sidelines. In the 43rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Lars Håkansson dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for AAC. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by AAC, with an impressive 82 percent possession of the ball.

Yuri Danhof finished off the counterattack from the left rather easily, scoring 2 - 1 for SouthPark. Tommy Davidsson almost managed to score another goal for AAC, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. In the games 79:th minute SouthPark´s Jonas Cronbom fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Jonas Cronbom for taking a dive. AAC held the ball, with a clear 84 percent possession rate.

The most dominating AAC player was without a doubt Michael Björkbeck. Patrik Åhnen on the other hand, had a terrible day. SouthPark´s best player was Fred Tirado. Tory Guy on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

HIGHLIGHTS

1 - 0 Lars Håkansson (40)
2 - 0 Lars Håkansson (43)
2 - 1 Yuri Danhof (61)

(Y) Tory Guy (40)
(Y) Jonas Cronbom (79)

RATING

Arsenal A.C.
Player rating and Team formation
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Midfield: outstanding
Right Side Defence: magnificent
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: solid

SouthPark Cows
Tactic: Counter-attacks
Tactic skill: magnificent

Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: extra-terrestrial
Central Defence: utopian
Left Side Defence: extra-terrestrial
Right Side Attack: outstanding
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: inadequate

Stats:

Best game ever - Defence

1. greg's guys - SouthPark Cows 2/2/2004 100%
2. Fockers - SouthPark Cows 2/16/2004 99%
3. Arsenal A.C. - SouthPark Cows 3/8/2004 97%
4. SouthPark Cows - Mountaineer Soccer Club 12/15/2003 93%

43*s Total

Hatstat's is down for the rests of the stats.

I don't think I should have lost this game, but HT does.

Blade6119
03-08-2004, 07:20 PM
wretched midfield?...

lytic
03-09-2004, 05:43 AM
PIC with 2 Inner Midfields and 1 Winger.

I really need to improve that area of my team. Still, how does a formidable attack score 2 on a utopian d? and my outstanding attack score 1 against a excellent defense with a supposed Magnificent counter attack?

DukeRulesMAB
03-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Well, Formidable (9) vs. Utopian (18? I always lose track after ET) would mean that an attack there will get a goal about 1/3 of the time. Given the possession advantage, it's not completely unrealistic that they'd get 6 attacks there over the course of a game.

Hard to say on the other one, though, don't know how the CA rating factors into it.

DukeRulesMAB
03-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Dola...

And I think the first goal was a winger event goal, not a normal central attack goal.

Raven Hawk
03-09-2004, 12:01 PM
So this game IS all about the midfield. :) In general, if you can get 15 opportunities, it doesn't matter if you can only score on 1/3 of those. You still get 5 goals . . .

Oh well. I'll just keep plodding along training forwards . . .

Makes me think about what the really good training is at the upper levels. If you train midfield, you will end up selling your IM's quickly and overall, your midfield will stink. If you train defenders or strikers, ideal formations don't let you play 5 midfielders. If you train keepers, your income is sporadic and on a whole, less than other trainers.

However, if you train wingers, you get to play 5 midfielders. You can train 4 full and 4 half per week. Your players sell, on average, for more money than anybody else. Intriguing . . .

sterlingice
03-09-2004, 02:01 PM
So this game IS all about the midfield. :) In general, if you can get 15 opportunities, it doesn't matter if you can only score on 1/3 of those. You still get 5 goals . . .

Oh well. I'll just keep plodding along training forwards . . .

Makes me think about what the really good training is at the upper levels. If you train midfield, you will end up selling your IM's quickly and overall, your midfield will stink. If you train defenders or strikers, ideal formations don't let you play 5 midfielders. If you train keepers, your income is sporadic and on a whole, less than other trainers.

However, if you train wingers, you get to play 5 midfielders. You can train 4 full and 4 half per week. Your players sell, on average, for more money than anybody else. Intriguing . . .
I'm pretty sure you won't get 15 chances no matter how divine your midfield even if you're playing some Div VI computer scrub. ;)

Back when we were kicking around the building thread, my best guess was that an asymmetric 3-4-3 training strikers was probably the way to go in upper levels. But I have no way to test that out or verify.

SI

BlueMage
03-09-2004, 04:58 PM
i know it's not totally efficient (that econ minor is really kicking in), but I don't know why you don't go 3-5-2 during games and 3-4-3 during friendlies. You still get to train 5 instead of four wingers (not couting the wing backs). I know a guy in II and he trains defenders, and he'll go 3-5-2 when he needs to. I know what you're saying though.

Raven Hawk
03-09-2004, 05:11 PM
I used to do the 3-5-2/3-4-3 weekly combo, but shifted to the 3-4-3 all day/all night combo when I realized how much money I was losing out on. The way I see it is each striker that I train is worth about 1 mil per season. Does that mean that I will get 6 mil per season? Not yet, but as my training play unfolds, I will be selling 1 player at ET-Divine per year. Subtract out the cost of purchase and you get roughly about 7-8M per season. Can anybody afford to miss out on 1M per season?

Well that's the plan, anyway. Hopefully I can stick to it.

BlueMage
03-11-2004, 06:42 PM
wow.. where is everyone lately?

Hobbes-
03-11-2004, 11:36 PM
APPARENTLY iceland doesn't have good interenet connections.. pfft..

I got nothin

damnMikeBrown
03-12-2004, 07:13 PM
I want kix and mikebrown back!

Who wouldn't? Let's face it, I have star power.

lytic
03-13-2004, 03:58 AM
my bad guys... I've been really busy. I will get better about this once I get in a normal swing of things.

lytic
03-15-2004, 02:57 PM
SouthPark Cows - Fockers 2 - 0

Date: 3/15/2004 at 01.00
MatchID: 17275926
Arena: Starks Pond
Crowd: 54193

54193 spectators arrived at Starks Pond, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. SouthPark tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. They fielded: Tirado - Davis, An, Fredriksson, Cronbom, Tewari - Crain, Millard, Danhof - Dey, Orkola.

Fockers had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Paulusz - Nowak, Oerlemans, Läfvengård, Gnaegi - Wolfe, Müller, Curval, Sánchez, Snashall - Askenfeldt.

SouthPark were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Fockers immediately set off pressing their opponents. Fockers had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Fred Tirado saved Gayle Snashall´s shot headed for the top corner. At this time in the match, Fockers were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. SouthPark was great at switching from defense to attack, and in the 21st minute, Steve Crain swept through in the middle after such a counter attack, making 1 - 0. The referee showed Fockerss Nils Askenfeldt the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Per Fredriksson behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 24:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Fockers were close to putting the equaliser away in the 29:th minute as the opposing defence lost control of the ball in a scuffle in front of the goal, but in the end the ball was cleared over the sideline. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Fockers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 64 percent, dominated the battle.

SouthParks counterattacks were lethal to the opposing defense, allowing Steve Crain to score easily from the right flank for 2 - 0. Fred Tirado made a brilliant save in the 69:th minute, blocking a projectile coming in from Alberto Sánchez on the right hand side. Fockers had obvious problems in finding their positions. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Fockers, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Fred Tirado. Jonas Cronbom on the other hand, had a terrible day. Fockers´s best player was Hans Herbert Müller. Domonkos Paulusz was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 0.

HIGHLIGHTS

1 - 0 Steve Crain (21)
2 - 0 Steve Crain (57)

(Y) Nils Askenfeldt (22)

RATING

SouthPark Cows
Tactic skill: magnificent

Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: utopian
Central Defence: utopian
Left Side Defence: supernatural
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: brilliant
Left Side Attack: inadequate

Fockers
Tactic: Pressing
Tactic skill: inadequate

Midfield: solid
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: brilliant
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: poor
Central Attack: weak
Left Side Attack: poor

SOLD SEATS
Terraces: 36261
Basic seats: 12434
Seats under roof: 4321
VIP seats: 1177

Stats:

Best game ever - Entire team

1. SouthPark Cows - EVillIVE 1/12/2004 100%
4. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 8/4/2003 91%
6. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 1/26/2004 88%
7. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 9/22/2003 87%
8. SouthPark Cows - Fockers 3/15/2004 86%

Best game ever - Defence

3. SouthPark Cows - Fockers 3/15/2004 98%

Comments:
Am I surprised? Yes... Was it an upset? Not at all... I'm surprised the score wasn't higher. Actually, no I am not.

Raven Hawk
03-15-2004, 04:28 PM
I think that it has just turned into a rebuilding year for the Gargs. My plan was to MOTS Adidas, then PIC Rocket. If I won both, I would consider myself a contender. Unfortunately, I lost to Adidas on a MOTS and due to form issues, I was forced to Normal Rocket to ensure a win. Now I have AAC, where he will have much better form than me . . .

I'll have to see what my TS is after this Cup game. This looks to be a long season for the Gargs.

BlueMage
03-15-2004, 05:38 PM
in hind sight, i guess i should've MOTS adidas, but with my form I didn't think I had a shot against him. If i'd had zelanzy, and MOTS, I may have tied or beat him. Oh well. Lytic, should I PIC you and save it for mastiffs (no telling if my form will ever get better) or shoud I just try to take you both out.. hehe

Hobbes-
03-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Looking at lytic's team vs mine.. after the form update he got +3 starters I got -4 starters. He already had 5+ stars better than me and 5+ rating better than me. Plus I wanted better TS. Thats my justification for going for the tie.

Now I will have POE for 3 weeks of league matches and considering I do well, I'll be able to MOTS fuckhead week 7 or 8 and shut him up. Lytic I expect you shut him up before me too.

I pulled a 2nd stud trainee this week. :) passable pm'ing passable scoring solid passing solid SP 17y.

Raven Hawk
03-16-2004, 10:23 AM
I pulled a 2nd stud trainee this week. :) passable pm'ing passable scoring solid passing solid SP 17y.
Sweet! Congrats, man!

lytic
03-16-2004, 03:43 PM

Screw you! I haven't pulled anything above a worth of $8k in like a full year!!!

lytic
03-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Oh and I'm all talk, I can't beat ADIDAS. I was just trying to get him revved up for our game so you guys could beat him.

Hobbes-
03-16-2004, 05:42 PM
you guys? he already beat hulis and garg

Raven Hawk
03-16-2004, 06:01 PM
you guys? he already beat hulis and garg
I guess he means YOU! :)

Hobbes-
03-17-2004, 03:19 PM
we all know he's gonna have close to POE vs me.. I gotta pick one of the two and go ALL out..

BlueMage
03-17-2004, 04:13 PM
well, i exchanged some ht messages with him, and goading him did enough that he didn't PIC me. He told me he went normal, so my evil plan to take away his TS opportunity worked, now I leave it to all of you to finish him off!

lytic
03-17-2004, 05:51 PM
well he said I can't CA him because I'll lose... so Pressing anyone?

BlueMage
03-17-2004, 07:46 PM
i pressed him and got a 2-0 game, i PIC, but was at home, and had bad form. I was also missing an oustanding defender and replaced him with a crappy form solid (who was powerful). He told me his form is pretty poor too. I also went 3-5-2 with a crappy third middie instead of 3-4-3 to help my middle. I think it helped me. I'd press if you've got great stamina from your folks, and have a few guys powerful to boast your ability. I think you could tie him with a good 5-4-1.

lytic
03-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Woodinville Turbomonkeys - SouthPark Cows 2 - 4

Date: 3/18/2004 at 01.00
MatchID: 17495969
Arena: Banana Split Royale
Crowd: 9300

At Banana Split Royale, 9300 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. WTM had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Rietz - Marshall, Mccormick, Brown - Varela, Robertson, London, Boyle, Kyle - Nelson, Causey.

SouthPark had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Goode - Martinsson, Babcock, Bridges, Oneal, Malloy - Mcnutt, Crain, Guy - Orkola, Singh.

SouthPark clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. SouthPark spent the match looking to exploit their counterattacking skills, unfortunately, Norman Malloys shot sailed wide right. Tory Guy was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Everett Singh managed to kick one of them into 0 - 1 in the 30:th minute. SouthPark showed their counterattack skill in the 37:th minute, with Steve Crain scoring uncontested for 0 - 2. In the games 39:th minute WTM´s Jack Robertson fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Jack Robertson for taking a dive. McKinley Babcock knocked one home in the 42nd minute on the counterattack, making the score 0 - 3. After 43 minutes WTM´s Derick Kyle contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. A marvelous WTM effort to the right resulted in a 43rd minute goal by Burt Boyle, putting the score up to 1 - 3. Jack Robertson of WTM got sent off for kicking the ball after the whistle, a completely uncalled for move, earning him his second yellow card of the game. In the games 43rd minute SouthPark´s Norman Malloy fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Norman Malloy for taking a dive. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 3. SouthPark held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

In the games 52nd minute Steven Mcnutt nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. WTM reduced the score in the 59:th minute to 2 - 3 when Barry Nelson got the best of a ball floated in from the left. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, WTM´s Adan Varela got himself booked. Steve Crain increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 2 - 4. The structure of the game started to change as SouthPark decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. In the 74:th minute SouthParks Tory Guy received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Nathaniel London the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so James Childers had to come off the bench. SouthPark held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

WTM´s best player was Rudolph Rietz. James Childers on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Jukka Orkola. Norman Malloy on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 4.

HIGHLIGHTS

0 - 1 Everett Singh (30)
0 - 2 Steve Crain (37)
0 - 3 McKinley Babcock (42)
1 - 3 Burt Boyle (43)
2 - 3 Barry Nelson (59)
2 - 4 Steve Crain (73)

(Y) Jack Robertson (39)
(2Y) Jack Robertson (43)
(Y) Norman Malloy (43) ($)
(Y) Adan Varela (61)
(Y) Tory Guy (74)

RATING

Woodinville Turbomonkeys

Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: passable

SouthPark Cows
Tactic skill: formidable

Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: formidable
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: excellent

NO STATS

COMMENTS
Well that should be the last cup game of the SPC season. I don't want to waste starters on the cup games...

Still don't know what I want to do with the Hulis... or South Boston.

lytic
03-21-2004, 01:48 PM
talk you wussies!

Hobbes-
03-21-2004, 11:10 PM
welp.. i was pretty happy with my match today. I got 2 levels higher of midfield than I was hoping for actually. A little dissapointed in my defenders/keeper form.. but I won't complain.

I can totally see how much passing/defending helps pm'ers for overall midfield. I was getting similar midfield with 3 x brilliant midfielders.

I have Gargs next week.. for some reason I only had Delirious TS this week.. it fell a level.. but it'll be back up at POE after the cup and knowing his form, I should do fairly well. It was nice to finally see some benifits from my offseason moves.

AAC looked a little scary today. He's got a good team! I was talkin to dreamer and he's got some money stashed up. I think he just bought a new defender and was thinking of getting a midfielder too.

Raven Hawk
03-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah, without a little help from the form gods, I don't see myself doing too well next week against the Fockers. That week 1 MOTS against Adidas also took a lot of wind out my sails. I'm still trying to rebuild TS from that disaster. I may just save it all up for the Mastiffs in weeks 7 and 8.

lytic
03-22-2004, 01:35 PM
I screwed up my game... I'll post about it later. I meant to run a 4-4-2 and I think I would have tied, had I done that.

Raven Hawk
03-22-2004, 03:03 PM
I noticed, also, that AAC put up some huge numbers. I was figuring that he would have a POE Normal against me, so I PIC'd and pressed. I almost pulled out a tie. If you also notice, I played my #1, #4, and #6 forwards against him. I decided that I need a PIC win in the cup, so I'm juicing my lineup with #2, #3, and #5 forwards.

With a loss to Adidas and being forced to Normal Rocket because of form, I find myself pretty much out of contention this year. I'm going to turn my focus to the cup and placing between #4 and #6 in the series. Also, my form sucks bad now, so its best if I just save up for later.

lytic
03-23-2004, 03:05 PM
The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 3 - 1

Date: 3/22/2004 at 01.00
MatchID: 17275929
Arena: Evil Beaver Pitch
Crowd: 35233

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 35233 at Evil Beaver Pitch today. Huligans started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. They fielded: Caron - Bradley, Rosenberg, Marcoux - Mayol, Chocano Díaz, Baalham, Svensson - Grunddahl, Vennonen, Hartborg.

SouthPark had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Goode - Davis, Crain, An, Babcock, Tewari - Millard, Danhof, Guy - Dey, Orkola.

SouthPark immediately set off pressing their opponents. SouthPark were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. What ever got into Yuri Danhof, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through the own defense - ending up right in front of Huligans´s Anton Hartborg, who easily put the ball away for 1-0. Juho Vennonen was ever so close to scoring after an excellent corner which then was extended byMaurice Baalham, but the ball went into the frame. In the games 21st minute Jamey Goode bent a free kick around the away teams defensive formation, leaving the goalie completely without a chance to save. SouthPark had evened the score to 1 - 1. Huligans tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. 1 - 1 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Huligans, with an impressive 69 percent possession of the ball.

Huligans took the lead in the 52nd minute of the game by 2 to 1, as Américo Mayol elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Huligans made a substitution in the 58:th minute. Kenneth Rosenberg limped off the field and was replaced by Herbert Bonner. Huligans put themselves up 3 - 1 when Herbert Bonner broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. By now Huligans were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. In the 71st minute Huligans´s Juho Vennonen tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. Huligans´s Maurice Baalham had an excellent opportunity in the 85:th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! Huligans held the ball, with a clear 75 percent possession rate.

Most important Huligans player was Maurice Baalham. Herbert Bonner on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Preston Davis. Steve Crain on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 1.

HIGHLIGHTS

1 - 0 Anton Hartborg (10)
1 - 1 Jamey Goode (21)
2 - 1 Américo Mayol (52)
3 - 1 Herbert Bonner (66)

RATING

The Mad Huligans

Midfield: excellent
Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: excellent

SouthPark Cows
Tactic: Pressing
Tactic skill: passable

Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: world class
Central Defence: world class
Left Side Defence: magnificent
Right Side Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: brilliant

Stats:

Best game ever - Defence

9. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 2/9/2004 86%
12. Fockers - SouthPark Cows 10/27/2003 78%
13. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 1/26/2004 76%
14. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 12/8/2003 71%
15. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 3/22/2004 70%

Best game ever - Attack

2. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 1/26/2004 99%
3. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 9/22/2003 98%
8. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 2/9/2004 92%
9. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 12/8/2003 92%
10. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 10/20/2003 91%
11. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 3/22/2004 91%

COMMENTS:
Had Crain been in the midfield like I had him, I would of had at least inad maybe low passable midfield rating, which would have been enough for a tie if not a 1-0 win off my keepers goal. Yes my Keeper scored on the Hulis... That was the reason I put a weak formed keeper in.
I threw that mouse away and I have a new mouse now.
There goes any hope of winning IV.19, I guess I'll test my cup run.

Raven Hawk
03-23-2004, 06:43 PM
My litmus test for whether or not I could win the Series this year was in the first two weeks. I failed the litmus test, so it's time for a cup run.

Lytic,
How high are you training Preston Davis to?

lytic
03-24-2004, 03:51 PM
hmmm... He's only 20 and he still has a chance to make the U20 squad. He has an outside chance for the Nats team as well. So I may be training him until he's 24ish. Tewari is getting too old and he will be for sale very soon. He should give me a little bank if he sells for what I am hoping for.

Havok
03-24-2004, 08:40 PM
My cup game next week is versus an old divison IV.19 favorite!!!

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Mountaineer Soccer Club

hopfully i'll injure one of his old guys for +4 weeks :)

Raven Hawk
03-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Help us Havok . . . You're our only hope . . . :)

Good luck beatin' him down!

Hobbes-
03-28-2004, 09:03 AM
looks like obratt won't play Gargs.. he's still +1 :(

BlueMage
03-28-2004, 09:44 PM
sorry i've been away folks.. i don't know why you always get screwed when you play me lytic. Seems to happen a lot. Anyway, i'm feeling a bit screwed for having to face a very very tough cup opponent last week, at his place. He was clearly better than me, yet he got to play at home. What a load of BS. Plus, isn't is usually the case that an inad attack will put in a goal against a mag defense. Instead, I couldn't put in a goal with comparable ratings my attack v his defense. I should've won, but I PIC away and I think he may have MOTS, but who can say. Form is killing me. At least my defender will be back next week.

Raven Hawk
03-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Bluey,

What's up with losing you're match to the STIFFS? 3-nil? I bet that he MOTS'd you. The mastiffs are in that precarious situation of having a chance to stay in IV, so they'll be gunning for 12-15 points and MOTSing to get them. I would be willing to bet that he MOTS' you in the back half of the season as well. I would also be willing to bet that he tries to take one from Fockers, SPC, or myself when he is at home.

Raven Hawk
03-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Dola,

looks like obratt won't play Gargs.. he's still +1 :(
Yeah, he didn't get to band-aid stage, so I had to keep him out of the lineup. He certainly won't play in the cup match, so we'll see when he gets to go next. It really depends on my cup match. If I win this week, Obratt may be sitting out for another full week.

And apparently Hoffmann finally got busy and put up the type of ratings that I expected him to put up when I bought him a year ago.

lytic
03-29-2004, 12:33 PM
I can't even blame it on form... just, I dunno.

BlueMage
03-30-2004, 01:10 PM
I don't really know what happened, except to say $hitty form and an injuried defender. My plan of waiting to mid season to start my striker training is getting harder and harder. I can't wait to have a ton of assistants to hopefully raise my form up. Patience is a virtue, but either way striker training wouldn't help me this season.

My attack

His Defense
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: brilliant

Isn't is usually the case that low attacks versus fairly high defense still yields a goal or two per match? Not really sure how I didn't put anything in. Seems like I should've had a goal with equal defense/offense rating on the right side and up the middle. Also, I PIC. I did not think he'd MOTS and I thought I could win with a PIC. I'm hoping to take down AAC in a couple of weeks, and was thinking about giving a certain hawk a decent match too. Anyone think Rocket will MOTS me? Especially now that Mastiffs won?

Raven Hawk
03-30-2004, 02:42 PM
I'm hoping to take down AAC in a couple of weeks, and was thinking about giving a certain hawk a decent match too.
Ehem . . . which hawk would you be referring too? :)

To be honest, if I win in the cup this week, you can expect a PIC from me unless my following week cup opponent is ungodly. However, if I lose in the cup, I will be putting up a tough match against you.

You just want to put up a tough match against me to preserve your all-time IV.19 record that I am only 11 points behind. ;)

I'm comin' for ya! :D

BlueMage
04-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Welp, things happened quicker than I expected, and I just sold Ekell, and Caron is now Brilliant at keeper, so, I have switched to scoring training. You all better watch out, b/c if I get some form going, I might have a decent squad by the end of this season :D

BlueMage
04-01-2004, 01:12 PM
PS.. anyone got a good economist calculator?

sterlingice
04-01-2004, 02:16 PM
http://www.databased.at/hattrick/pages_en/t_econcalc_en.asp

SI

lytic
04-01-2004, 04:09 PM
all day i dream about soccer - SouthPark Cows 2 - 0

Date: 3/29/2004 at 01.00
MatchID: 17275931
Arena: daydream arena
Crowd: 52022

52022 spectators had come to daydream arena this cloudy day. soccer had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Mcelroy - Schouten, Courtney, Valdez - Lönnbrant, Jansson, Thorwald, Olsson - Larsson, Jarry, Lang.

SouthPark had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Tirado - Tewari, An, Fredriksson, Davis - Guy, Crain, Millard, Danhof - Dey, Orkola.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of SouthPark. soccer created a good opportunity to score in the games 13th minute when Barry Courtney`s hooked ball created a scuffle in front of the goal, and the visitors defenders had a hard time clearing the ball. SouthPark mounted an inspired counterattack in the 20:th minute, but Per Fredriksson was unable to convert from short range. A free kick aimed at the keepers far post almost gave SouthPark the lead in the 32nd minute, but the ball just wasn´t able to squirm it´s way through the defensive wall. soccer tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. The referee showed SouthParks Per Fredriksson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. 0 - 0 was the half-time score. soccer held the ball, with a clear 64 percent possession rate.

In the 49:th minute the home side managed to get a 1 - 0 lead as Barry Courtney flipped the ball after a cross pass from the right. After 70 minutes David Lang put soccer ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. Fred Tirado was caught napping a bit later as Nestor Valdez lifted a ball over him after a free kick, but the ball hit the bar, rebounding into the keepers arms. The defense of SouthPark resulted in a counterattack that gave Jukka Orkola a good look at the goal, but his shot glanced harmlessly off the crossbar. With 85 minutes played Anders Olsson could have brought this one home for soccer, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. soccers David Lang got himself booked after a foul. The player down was Yuri Danhof. The SouthPark bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. soccer, bringing the final ball possession rate to 67 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating soccer player was without a doubt Patrik Larsson. Anders Olsson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Preston Davis. Tory Guy was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 0.

HIGHLIGHTS

1 - 0 Barry Courtney (49)
2 - 0 David Lang (70)

(Y) Per Fredriksson (37)
(Y) David Lang (88)

RATING

all day i dream about soccer

Midfield: formidable
Right Side Defence: brilliant
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: magnificent
Right Side Attack: brilliant
Central Attack: mythical
Left Side Attack: formidable

SouthPark Cows
Tactic skill: outstanding

Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Defence: extra-terrestrial
Central Defence: mythical
Left Side Defence: mythical
Right Side Attack: brilliant
Left Side Attack: passable

STATS
47 stars, my highest ever. A 93 rating also my highest ever.

Best game ever - Entire team

1. SouthPark Cows - EVillIVE 1/12/2004 100%
2. SouthPark Cows - Swirling Flame 11/3/2003 96%
3. all day i dream about soccer - SouthPark Cows 3/29/2004 94%

Best game ever - Defence

4. Arsenal A.C. - SouthPark Cows 3/8/2004 97%
5. SouthPark Cows - Mountaineer Soccer Club 12/15/2003 93%
6. all day i dream about soccer - SouthPark Cows 3/29/2004 93%

Best game ever - Attack

1. Kix - SouthPark Cows 9/29/2003 100%
2. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 1/26/2004 99%
3. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 9/22/2003 98%
4. SouthPark Cows - Arsenal A.C. 12/29/2003 96%
8. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 2/9/2004 92%
9. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 12/8/2003 92%
10. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 10/20/2003 91%
11. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 3/22/2004 91%
12. all day i dream about soccer - SouthPark Cows 3/29/2004 89%

COMMENTS
I quit!

Hobbes-
04-02-2004, 09:29 AM
I was talkin to him last night and Adidas said he PIC'd lytic.. I just don't see how he'd get those ratings on a PIC..

Also he intends on making a cup run from what I was told.

I'm gonna PIC rocket with a very similar team that I put out vs RH. If he MOTS's me, it would actually be a good game. I doubt he will however. I have a tough cup game, but I think I can win it.

lytic
04-02-2004, 01:18 PM
well I put out the highest star ratings... but I still suck.

Raven Hawk
04-02-2004, 03:23 PM
He's pulling your wanker, Hobbes. No way he PIC'd that.

Havok
04-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Maniacal Misfitz -vs - Mountaineer Soccer Club 2 - 1

:) :)

Raven Hawk
04-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Woot! WTG Havok!

lytic
04-04-2004, 08:29 AM
congrats dude!

However, I found out he switched to defender training (stupid), so I feel bad for him now.

Hobbes-
04-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Well it looks like both AAC and Adidas normed on POE TS.. 91 and 109 ratings.. ugh. The good news for me is that AAC lost his best midfielder with a redcard and I play him next week. Bad news is I lost Buster in a 4 week injury.. but its all good because his counter part is equally as good.

In other news, the guy I play in cup got a 110 rating. I'm not sure if it was a Normal POE or a MOTS.. he was getting in the mid 90's before this game and just bout a brilliant midfielder.. so do you think a brilliant midfielder could move a midfield up from brilliant to titanic? I'm hoping he MOTS'd.

I'm also deciding between buying a new keeper or a new winger. I'm leaning towards a wingers because I'm gonna get a new keeper at the end of the season. I suppose I could get both.

Oh, Hulis and Lytic.. you two need to step it up. If that means PIC vs everyone cept Mastiffs and Rocket so be it. Don't get demoted on us. Thanks and yes that's what I basically had to do to make sure I didn't get demoted any of the other seasons.

lytic
04-05-2004, 07:19 AM
I want to demote... I can't get any money in this damn series.

Hobbes-
04-05-2004, 09:42 AM
stop jokin around.. u can't demote!

Raven Hawk
04-05-2004, 10:57 AM
None of us are allowed to promote or demote. You know the rules! :)

BlueMage
04-06-2004, 01:22 AM
got some good trainee prospects coming in this week, just thought i'd let you all know

Raven Hawk
04-06-2004, 03:36 PM
None of us are allowed to promote or demote. You know the rules! :)
The same goes for you, Bluey! ;)

BlueMage
04-07-2004, 06:15 PM
workin on it

Raven Hawk
04-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Well this weekend just made the race for 3rd-7th place much tighter. :)

lytic
04-12-2004, 03:33 PM
I'll win my next 3 to take 5th. So it's up to bluey if he wants 6th.

Raven Hawk
04-12-2004, 06:05 PM
I'll win my next 3 to take 5th. So it's up to bluey if he wants 6th.
Ahem.

You mean that you will win your next 2 . . .

Game #3 goes to the Evil Gargs. ;)

BlueMage
04-12-2004, 11:09 PM
hey hobbes, do you think AAC MOTS against you? I haven't checked the ratings, and I don't think I could beat him, but with a decent form boost and a MOTS at home, I might be able to get a tie if he's recovering with a PIC. I've got him at home this week, then on the road, then i've got rocket at home. I should have a better showing against rocket at home, and then I have a little bit of time to bring up my TS for the Mastiffs again. You all need to beat the mastiffs ok?

Hobbes-
04-12-2004, 11:37 PM
AAC didn't MOTS.. I had lower ratings because I lost my best player.. and both my wingers are still injured.. PIC him if i wanna stay in the series..if you MOTS and lose vs AAC your out of the series

Raven Hawk
04-12-2004, 11:43 PM
I've got back to back against Mastiffs. Even if I win this week in the cup, it would be hard for me to forsee winning another round after that, so I will be normaling Mastiffs on the road with good TS and then probably PICing him at home with POE TS.

lytic
04-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Ahem.

You mean that you will win your next 2 . . .

Game #3 goes to the Evil Gargs. ;)

I promise a victory... I am going 2 for 2 in league games and then beating you in the FOFC cup. To make it 3 for 3.
:D

BlueMage
04-15-2004, 10:26 AM
what up?

Raven Hawk
04-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Well, the Gargs lost to Yuma Bulldogs in PK's during the cup round. So, it looks like its time to focus on the Series. Just in time for the Mastiffs.

lytic
04-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Did anyone see ADIDAS stats? He really should be in III...
Well focks flopped and died, but Gargs put in a good effort. Minus the red card and you may have won.

Raven Hawk
04-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, it really hurts having your best scorer get red carded in extra time. :) Damn refs . . .

And yes, I did see Adidas' stats . . . HUGE! And I'm pretty sure he'll be back in III next season. The big questions is: Can we steal some points from him so we don't get somebody just as hard next year?

lytic
04-16-2004, 07:47 AM
2 players for sale... be worried. If I get the min of what I want, we are looking at over $3mil.

Of course I am going to do some cosmetic things... like look for a player/coach. Which may take up all that cash... Then I'll probably start hoarding the rest to get a U20 trainee next season. I may pick up a few cheap 17 year olds to train in the mean time. So don't expect my team to improve 10-fold just yet. The season after next is when I'll make a run @ 1st for real.

Raven Hawk
04-16-2004, 08:53 AM
So what you're saying is that if we have any plans to make a run at 1st, we should try to do so next season? :)

Good luck on getting your money. I have a similar plan as well. From my cup run, I have $1.3M stashed away and growing for a trainee next season. I figure, I'll need to put together a minimum total of $2.5M if I want to get a U-20 candidate.

Hmmm . . . Actually . . . I could use a new defender . . . ;)

Raven Hawk
04-18-2004, 08:04 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAA???????

South Park loses to Rocket Dive, and Preston Davis is up for sale?

Let the apocalypse begin.

BlueMage
04-18-2004, 11:28 PM
man, what happened there boyo? that has to be worse than my loss to Mastiffs (which btw, you all need to beat, thank you very much). Actually, maybe it isn't as bad since my losing to the mastiffs put me and you both in a crappy position. nevermind then, and carry on all...

lytic
04-19-2004, 02:32 PM
I was seriously robbed.

Maybe I should just sell all of my players and quit.

I just may after my U20 term. I don't get this game sometimes...

Raven Hawk
04-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Lytic,

You weren't just robbed this week. HT bent you over a barrell this time. That sux man. It was a good strategy even if you did PIC. My condolences to the Cows.

terpkristin
04-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Lytic if you quit I'll never speak to you again, even when you come back because let's face it, we're all addicted, you're going to come back.

:D :D :D

~tk

lytic
04-20-2004, 10:34 AM
no I wouldn't come back. I quit smallball (www.smallball.com) and people always went back to that game. I had an original team (like in the 1000s) , I had a top team (my second team was also in the 3rd division of like 7 or 8).

So, no I wouldn't be back unless they fixed the game to where I could enjoy it without having to train midfield.

Raven Hawk
04-20-2004, 11:12 AM
no I wouldn't come back. I quit smallball (www.smallball.com (http://www.smallball.com/)) and people always went back to that game. I had an original team (like in the 1000s) , I had a top team (my second team was also in the 3rd division of like 7 or 8).

So, no I wouldn't be back unless they fixed the game to where I could enjoy it without having to train midfield.
Lytic -

There is no doubt that defense doesn't get its due in the game of Hattrick. The weight of midfield vs. the weight of defense is WAY out of line. Especially since it takes longer to train defenders than it takes to train any other skill besides maybe passing.

However, if I were you, I would hang in there. Sooner or later, they will nerf midfield and increase the importance of defense. I'm not saying that it will happen this season. But I trust the devs want the game to be as realistic as possible and this happens through fine tuning the application.

Do you remember when they made the change to increase the effects of experience? You had sold a high experience player just before the change was announced and you were pissed because you sold him . . .

All I'm saying is that your day will come, my friend. With you're luck, however, it will come the day after you leave. Be patient and have fun with the game.

One final question . . . did you PIC Rocket?

lytic
04-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Of course I PICed Rocket... I figured him to be at least a tie, if not a close win at my home. It seems like Stark's Pond has no "home-field" advantage.

Raven Hawk
04-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Of course I PICed Rocket... I figured him to be at least a tie, if not a close win at my home. It seems like Stark's Pond has no "home-field" advantage.
That's because its in Nebraska and you're in Iceland. Yeah, regardless of PIC . . . 88-61 in ratings should have been enough for an easy win.

BlueMage
04-20-2004, 01:18 PM
yup, you got screwed big time, don't quit just yet. is smallball any fun? my brother and i have been working on a baseball simulation game ourselves

lytic
04-20-2004, 02:27 PM
smallball was fun, but too time consuming at the time... you had to log in a certain times a day to get the most raining for your guys... I logged in every like every 8 hours.

This is also a reason why my team was so good. I had the perfect training regimen... but in the end I didn't like having a game dictate when I was online... Enter Hattrick. I log on when I do.

Hobbes-
04-23-2004, 06:43 PM
welp, I decided to apply for the Mod position. I wasn't sure at first.. and it took me a few days to gather my thoughts, but I think I'd fit the job well.

In other news, I talked to dream and him staying next season will be determined by what he does in his next 3 matches. He should beat me.. and he REALLY wants to win the cup game, but I know he won't MOTS.. and then he has AAC who if he was smart would MOTS him.. then another cup game.. I'm sure I won't get any good ratings with a PIC and 4 TS but we'll see.

I talked to the guy that helps TP with the U-20 team and I think my guy is in the running. The two top guys are valued at 317k and 269k. My player is at 316k. I mailed him the stats, so I'll keep you updated on what happens with that when I hear back. I might want to train PM'ing one of the 2 weeks after the season and stam the other.. my guy is inad stam right now.. so he'll be passable with 1 week.. and then solid when he goes from 18 to 19.. I'm thinkin thats best.

Regarding last week, I should have prolly normaled adidas. Oh well. :)

lytic
04-24-2004, 07:19 AM
Good luck with the mod position...
Hey at least I can win a FOFC game. Though the guy I'm playing this week uses starters.

Hobbes-
04-24-2004, 07:46 AM
i'll be outta the FOFC cup after all these round robin matches.. its just fine though because I use 11 backup players.. and don't care.. lol

lytic
04-24-2004, 01:52 PM
I use as many backups as possible...

Raven Hawk
04-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I will play all backups in the FOFC cup. It's not worth risking injuries to starters.

Hobbes- good luck with the Mod job and your possible U-20 midfielder.

My bank roll for next season's trainee is just over 1.6M now. We'll see what happens.

As far as Adidas, we'll see how he does against AAC, but I'll be shooting for him at the end of the season, also. But then again, I'll be shooting for everybody in the second half of the season.

damnMikeBrown
04-26-2004, 05:03 PM
FOFC cup was going to be my strike at IV.19. . .unfotunately, I'll be MOTS the match before I face Hulli...will be an easy match for him.

Congrats on the mod position.

Now for the real reason of my McArthur like return. . .
I'm selling my "trainee" keeper when he pops Titanic in 4 weeks. He'll get $9M+, and I've already got close to $1M sitting in the bank.

What I originally planned was to keep training my present keeper until maybe week 5 or 6 of next season, and getting a keeper trainee in the mean time. So figure, around week 5 of next year, I'd have $10M+ to spend on a new training program.

Now, my I may not win my V series this year. The other team is, I believe, better than mine, but I've been getting some good results. Regardless, it's probably 50/50 who will win the deciding match between this other team & myself.

I was going to switch over to train wingers. Plan was to buy 4 Formidable/Outstanding/Brilliant PM guys with Passable+ winger ability. I'd play all 4 on the Sunday match, then move the 2 who had played IM out to wing on the Weds match. I was also going to pick up a couple Formidable+ defenders as I could afford them, with inadequate+ winger skills, for 1/2 training. Those guys would be long-term for my team, and not for sale.

This would do 2 things. I would get a massive midfield boost, as my IM's are nowhere near that talented. It would also quickly improve the wing attack ratings as winger training is so quick.

Now I'm thinking, if I don't promote, I'm 99% certain I'll be able to win the division next season (unless a very good demotee comes back), so maybe before I switch to wing, I'll do a season of Scoring training. I could buy 3 Outstanding+ guys to keep long term, and a few formidable+ guys as trainees to churn when I promoted & needed to switch to PM or Wing training in IV.
I'd be giving myself 3 long-term solutions at Striker, and still have about $4-5M come the next season(after selling trainees & accumulating a seaons worth of $$) to start my PM or Wing trianing.

Thoughts?

BlueMage
04-26-2004, 05:33 PM
looks like i'm outta IV ya'll, with my middie out, i don't think i can beat rocket this week. I'll search for an old replacement, but this is the problem with not having any good backups :( sorry, but hopefully i'll cya on in III someday

lytic
04-26-2004, 06:34 PM
I'll beat stiffy for ya. I'll just have to lose to ravenhawk to do it, but whatelse it new?

Hobbes-
04-27-2004, 03:51 AM
personally Mikebrown.. I like your idea about playing the winger trainees as middies and then wingers on wed.. and I think it's important for you to switch from keeper training. I really don't like the striker training idea at all and I don't really like the idea of sitting on that much cash. Why not just get better trainees since you won't need to upgrade too much else until u promote.. then by the time u promote maybe u can sell a batch of trainees? or soon after or whatever. If you buy decent enough trainees you can play them as wingers and middies on sunday and then play the middies as wingers on wednesday.

thats my .02 .. but I'm tired and it's late so whatever.. more to come later

and hulis.. don't you dare give up yet.. Rocket gets 60's ratings every week. I know u can do better than him. Just make sure you buy someone or you SELL your current guy that can't play and use the money to get a replacement. You need to act fast on this and scour the transfer market. If u need any help you know where u find me.

-Hobbes

Raven Hawk
04-27-2004, 09:07 AM
looks like i'm outta IV ya'll, with my middie out, i don't think i can beat rocket this week. I'll search for an old replacement, but this is the problem with not having any good backups :( sorry, but hopefully i'll cya on in III someday
You're not done yet. You can beat him with one midfielder tied behind your back. How much money do you have? If you have around 700k, you might be able to find a decent formidable, elderly fellow to play for a couple of weeks.

BlueMage
04-27-2004, 09:44 AM
welp, nope, don't have that much cash.. i don't know if i can beat rocket, but i'll prolly have to MOTS it... I don't know if he'll be back in time for mastiffs but if he isn't i could be sunk.. perhaps i should sell my striker after all

Raven Hawk
04-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Yeah, well you are in a situation where you will be MOTS'd by Rocket. No ifs ands or buts. You will probably also be MOTS'd by Mastiffs. A difficult situation, my friend. What it boils down to is you need to win those two games.

You'll probably have to sell another player to get a decent midfielder to back up your injury.

Raven Hawk
04-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Dola -

Bluey! You Bastard! You're selling Chocolate Diaz and you didn't even tell me? :)

Mmmmm Chocolate Diaz . . . Unfortunately, I don't have a quick way of raising the needed $1M I would require to buy him. Oh well . . . them's the breaks.

BlueMage
04-27-2004, 01:07 PM
i'm just fishing diaz out there, i didn't know you wanted him that badly.. haha! Now I hope he doesn't sell so I can get a replacement for baalham and try to stay in this hell of a series

Raven Hawk
04-27-2004, 01:56 PM
You gotta love the Chocolate Diaz! :)

lytic
04-27-2004, 05:08 PM
I guess I could bid on diaz. He will sell for $1.5 mil approx

Raven Hawk
04-27-2004, 06:30 PM
I guess I could bid on diaz. He will sell for $1.5 mil approx
Ummmm . . . not if he's listed at 2.65M . . .:confused:

BlueMage
04-27-2004, 08:32 PM
I was fishing him.. I know he probably won't go for that, but it's worth it to me if he does :D. I'll let you all know if I'm serious about selling him. Also, looks like Baalham will be back in time for the Mastiffs, so if I am serious about selling chocolate will depend on my rocket dive game this weekend.

lytic
04-28-2004, 06:26 AM
sorry, I was thinking of his striker.

Hobbes-
05-01-2004, 05:10 PM
I bought my 3rd trainee yesterday.. 17y solid pm'er.. :) now i am stacked for the future.. 3 x 17y pm'ers with solid+ pm'ing and passable+ passing $$$

Hobbes-
05-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Richard Mcdonough (30584981) http://www6.hattrick.org/Common/images/bookmark_16x16.gif (http://www6.hattrick.org/Common/bookmarks.asp?action=AddConfirm&BookmarkTypeID=2&ObjectID=30584981) 18 years, passable form, healthy A controversial person who is temperamental and righteous.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Nationality: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>USA (http://www6.hattrick.org/Common/menu.asp?action=changeLeagueSystem&leagueSystemID=8) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Assessed value: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>146 000 US$ </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Wage: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1 240 US$/week </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Owner: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Fockers (http://www6.hattrick.org/Common/teamDetails.asp?teamID=71987) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Warnings: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>weak </TD><TD>Goaltending: </TD><TD>disastrous </TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>weak </TD><TD>Passing: </TD><TD>excellent </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>poor </TD><TD>Defending: </TD><TD>poor </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>passable </TD><TD>Set Pieces: </TD><TD>wretched </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hulis/RH u want?

Masked
05-01-2004, 06:58 PM
I bought my 3rd trainee yesterday.. 17y solid pm'er.. :) now i am stacked for the future.. 3 x 17y pm'ers with solid+ pm'ing and passable+ passing $$$
http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

BlueMage
05-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Douglas Davis (30585675)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and upright.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 65 000 US$
Wage: 800 US$/week
Owner: The Mad Huligans
Warnings: 0

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: weak
Winger: weak Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Hobbes-
05-01-2004, 07:54 PM
http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif:(

buy huligans pm'er? or that guy that pulled a 17y excellent pm'er .. posted in the USA conference

Masked
05-01-2004, 08:03 PM
:(

buy huligans pm'er? or that guy that pulled a 17y excellent pm'er .. posted in the USA conference
If I had the money to buy a 17yo excellent, you'd have paid a lot more for your trainee http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I'll be able to find something this week. I got started searching a little late last week.

Hobbes-
05-01-2004, 08:26 PM
If I had the money to buy a 17yo excellent, you'd have paid a lot more for your trainee http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I'll be able to find something this week. I got started searching a little late last week.
lol boy am I glad u only had 500k

vex
05-01-2004, 09:13 PM

Wow, post them just so I can envy if you would.

Hobbes-
05-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Tracey Andersen (27895310) http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/images/bookmark_16x16.gif (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/bookmarks.asp?action=AddConfirm&BookmarkTypeID=2&ObjectID=27895310) 17 years, passable form, healthy A controversial person who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Powerful

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Nationality: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>USA (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/menu.asp?action=changeLeagueSystem&leagueSystemID=8) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Assessed value: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>263 000 US$ </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Wage: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1 340 US$/week </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Owner: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Fockers (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/teamDetails.asp?teamID=71987) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Warnings: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>inadequate </TD><TD>Goaltending: </TD><TD>disastrous </TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>solid </TD><TD>Passing: </TD><TD>solid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>poor </TD><TD>Defending: </TD><TD>wretched </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>passable </TD><TD>Set Pieces: </TD><TD>solid </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

he was a youth pull.. only he took 6 weeks to get to solid pm'ing.. DOH..

Bernd Reisch (30146179) http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/images/bookmark_16x16.gif (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/bookmarks.asp?action=AddConfirm&BookmarkTypeID=2&ObjectID=30146179) 17 years, passable form, healthy A controversial person who is calm and honest.
Has disastrous experience and disastrous leadership abilities.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Nationality: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Schweiz (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/menu.asp?action=changeLeagueSystem&leagueSystemID=46) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Assessed value: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>148 000 US$ </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Wage: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1 440 US$/week including 20% Bonus </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Owner: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Fockers (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/teamDetails.asp?teamID=71987) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Warnings: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>weak </TD><TD>Goaltending: </TD><TD>disastrous </TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>solid </TD><TD>Passing: </TD><TD>passable </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>poor </TD><TD>Defending: </TD><TD>wretched </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>weak </TD><TD>Set Pieces: </TD><TD>wretched </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here is the guy masked and I wanted.. 710k

Trevor Pereira (26988040) http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/images/bookmark_16x16.gif (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/bookmarks.asp?action=AddConfirm&BookmarkTypeID=2&ObjectID=26988040) 17 years, solid form, healthy A nasty fellow who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Nationality: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>USA (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/menu.asp?action=changeLeagueSystem&leagueSystemID=8) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Assessed value: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>365 000 US$ </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Wage: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1 360 US$/week </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Owner: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Fockers (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/teamDetails.asp?teamID=71987) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Warnings: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>inadequate </TD><TD>Goaltending: </TD><TD>disastrous </TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>excellent </TD><TD>Passing: </TD><TD>passable </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>weak </TD><TD>Defending: </TD><TD>inadequate </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>poor </TD><TD>Set Pieces: </TD><TD>passable </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

this is my stud.. which I prolly overpayed for.. but he has a chance for U-20 so.. if he makes it.. it was definately worth my money...He's 3 weeks from formidable

--------------------------------------------------------
And here are my other guys
--------------------------------------------------------

Lino Curval (17593207) http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/images/bookmark_16x16.gif (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/bookmarks.asp?action=AddConfirm&BookmarkTypeID=2&ObjectID=17593207) 19 years, solid form, healthy A nasty fellow who is balanced and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Nationality: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Portugal (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/menu.asp?action=changeLeagueSystem&leagueSystemID=25) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Assessed value: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>718 000 US$ </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Wage: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>2 700 US$/week including 20% Bonus </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Owner: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Fockers (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/teamDetails.asp?teamID=71987) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Warnings: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>excellent </TD><TD>Goaltending: </TD><TD>disastrous </TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>formidable </TD><TD>Passing: </TD><TD>inadequate </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>inadequate </TD><TD>Defending: </TD><TD>inadequate </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>wretched </TD><TD>Set Pieces: </TD><TD>inadequate </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

he'll be outstanding next week.. :)

Alberto Sánchez (20084732) http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/images/bookmark_16x16.gif (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/bookmarks.asp?action=AddConfirm&BookmarkTypeID=2&ObjectID=20084732) 19 years, solid form, healthy A controversial person who is balanced and upright.
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Nationality: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Uruguay (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/menu.asp?action=changeLeagueSystem&leagueSystemID=28) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Assessed value: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>722 000 US$ </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Wage: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>2 712 US$/week including 20% Bonus </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Owner: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Fockers (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/teamDetails.asp?teamID=71987) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Warnings: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>passable </TD><TD>Goaltending: </TD><TD>disastrous </TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>outstanding </TD><TD>Passing: </TD><TD>inadequate </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>poor </TD><TD>Defending: </TD><TD>passable </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>wretched </TD><TD>Set Pieces: </TD><TD>wretched </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

somewhere in the middle of outstanding/brilliant

Hans Herbert Müller (11001789) http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/images/bookmark_16x16.gif (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/bookmarks.asp?action=AddConfirm&BookmarkTypeID=2&ObjectID=11001789) http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/images/warned_1.gif 22 years, inadequate form, healthy A controversial person who is temperamental and upright.
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Powerful

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Nationality: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Deutschland (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/menu.asp?action=changeLeagueSystem&leagueSystemID=3) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Assessed value: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>2 111 000 US$ </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Wage: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>11 700 US$/week including 20% Bonus </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Owner: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Fockers (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/teamDetails.asp?teamID=71987) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Warnings: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>excellent </TD><TD>Goaltending: </TD><TD>wretched </TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>magnificent </TD><TD>Passing: </TD><TD>poor </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>poor </TD><TD>Defending: </TD><TD>inadequate </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>weak </TD><TD>Set Pieces: </TD><TD>inadequate </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3 weeks from World Class.. he's getting sold once he pops.. and Trevor will move into starter role..

------------------------------------------------------------

And there you are.. Fockers middies as of May 2nd..

vex
05-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Wow, nice pickup with Pereira. There's not a chance you overpaid, IMO anyways:)

Raven Hawk
05-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Very Nice. Those 17 y/o's will set you up to be pretty good in a couple of seasons.

Hobbes-
05-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Bernd Reisch (30146179) to excellent pm'ing.. (1 week trained)

Lino Curval (17593207) to outstanding pm'ing.. (8 weeks trained)

:)

Raven Hawk
05-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Here are my current trainees:

Phakphoom Manee (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/playerDetails.asp?playerID=10828064)
1 522 000 US$, 20 years, passable form
Has poor experience and passable leadership abilities

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>excellent</TD><TD> Keeper: </TD><TD>disastrous</TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>weak</TD><TD> Passing: </TD><TD>inadequate</TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>poor</TD><TD> Defending: </TD><TD>inadequate</TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>brilliant</TD><TD> Set Pieces: </TD><TD>poor</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Manee will be sold at the end of the season when he hits Magnificent.

Cornelius Ball (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/playerDetails.asp?playerID=16132943)
440 000 US$, 19 years, passable form
Has poor experience and solid leadership abilities [Head]

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>wretched</TD><TD> Keeper: </TD><TD>disastrous</TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>weak</TD><TD> Passing: </TD><TD>weak</TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>poor</TD><TD> Defending: </TD><TD>wretched</TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>brilliant</TD><TD> Set Pieces: </TD><TD>weak</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Should pop to Magnificent at the end of this season or the beginning of next.

Hafiz bin Selamat (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/playerDetails.asp?playerID=15755639)
831 000 US$, 19 years, passable form
Has wretched experience and solid leadership abilities

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>solid</TD><TD> Keeper: </TD><TD>disastrous</TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>inadequate</TD><TD> Passing: </TD><TD>inadequate</TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>poor</TD><TD> Defending: </TD><TD>poor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>outstanding</TD><TD> Set Pieces: </TD><TD>passable</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hafiz is about 2-3 weeks behind Ball in training. He should hit brilliant next week or the week after.

Travis Wills (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/playerDetails.asp?playerID=24842738)
184 000 US$, 18 years, inadequate form
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Head]

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>poor</TD><TD> Keeper: </TD><TD>disastrous</TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>poor</TD><TD> Passing: </TD><TD>inadequate</TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>poor</TD><TD> Defending: </TD><TD>poor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>formidable</TD><TD> Set Pieces: </TD><TD>solid</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Travis is a product of another IV.19 demotee's youth squad. I bought him from Greg's Guys late last season. Travis will pop to Outstanding before the end of the season.

Mateusz Sztorc (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/playerDetails.asp?playerID=22485262)
195 000 US$, 18 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>poor</TD><TD> Keeper: </TD><TD>disastrous</TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>wretched</TD><TD> Passing: </TD><TD>passable</TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>weak</TD><TD> Defending: </TD><TD>wretched</TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>excellent</TD><TD> Set Pieces: </TD><TD>solid

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I don't expect to train Sztorc too long maybe 1-2 more seasons. He's pretty far behind my other 18 y/o. However, he has some decent secondaries, so I decided to keep him around. He'll hit formidable in 1-2 more weeks.

Darren Grogan (http://www7.hattrick.org/Common/playerDetails.asp?playerID=26987814)
176 000 US$, 17 years, inadequate form
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities [Quick]

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamina: </TD><TD>inadequate</TD><TD> Keeper: </TD><TD>disastrous</TD></TR><TR><TD>Playmaking: </TD><TD>poor</TD><TD> Passing: </TD><TD>passable</TD></TR><TR><TD>Winger: </TD><TD>poor</TD><TD> Defending: </TD><TD>wretched</TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoring: </TD><TD>excellent</TD><TD> Set Pieces: </TD><TD>inadequate</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

If he can stay healthy, Darren will become one of the Gargoyle stars in a few short seasons. I pulled im at passable the first week of the season this year. He just popped to excellent.

Hobbes-
05-14-2004, 01:41 AM
Trevor popped to formidable pm'ing.. 5.14.04

Hobbes-
05-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Muller popped to WC..He'll be playing vs Mastiffs as his last game to ensure that I win that game and then that should be all.

Raven Hawk
05-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Manee popped to magnificent today a full 2 weeks ahead of schedule. :D I think I'll be patient with him and try to get my asking price of $4.5M.

Raven Hawk
05-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Muller popped to WC..He'll be playing vs Mastiffs as his last game to ensure that I win that game and then that should be all.
If I were you, I would talk to my insurance agent. Whatever premiums you were paying Muller to ensure that win should be refunded to you. ;)

lytic
05-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Congrats on the mod position.

Thanks! :D

lytic
05-31-2004, 07:55 PM
My apologies to all the readers of the IV.19 thread. I've let this dynasty die and I'll take the blame (since I'm the only one that posts my games). I'll try to be better about it.

So just a quick comment about my game this week. I was going for the tie... or loss. This give Focks the lock at 4. So I'm pretty much 5 or 6.

Sure Division 5 teams are getting quite good and my team is continually sucking, but I'll have POE TS, so I should be able to pull an excellent mid. I've considered buying midfielders, but I just don't care that much. I'm going to get some (hopefully 3) good trainees week 1 that will get me to the next step.

Hobbes-
06-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Little did I know the Gargs would tie the mighty RocketDive Team.. and give me an apportunity to to get 3rd :)

Unless of course asshole throws his game.. but then again RH could too.. but that might give me 3rd..

I SHOULD get a win sunday vs hulis considering he'll be PIC'ing me and my new purchase should help as well. PHEAR ME DIV.19!!! PHEAR ME NEXT SEASON! (or the one after) :)

Hobbes-
06-01-2004, 08:26 PM
WHERE IS PAGE 4.. comon.. geez

Havok
06-01-2004, 09:58 PM
you guys need some midfielders in this dam divison. All your high NSI's are for not with your poor - solid midfields. jeez.... why do you think 'Mountaineer Soccer Club' kicked everyones butt last year!! :)

lytic
06-02-2004, 05:57 AM
screw midfield... we have Counter-Attacks!

Havok
06-02-2004, 10:40 AM
screw midfield... we have Counter-Attacks!

haha :)

Hobbes-
06-06-2004, 10:27 PM
man.. everyone from IV.19 cept me like gave up on the conference..

lytic
06-07-2004, 09:56 AM
yeah... pretty much. I dunno, this season wasn't as much fun (probably due to my move).

Raven Hawk
06-07-2004, 09:56 AM
If I was smart, I would have gone for the tie against Adidas. It is quite apparent, however, that I am not.

Third place is mine! Dammit!

lytic
06-07-2004, 10:04 AM
stupid whipped boy!

Hobbes-
06-07-2004, 12:55 PM
lol I figured you'd be greedy and want 3rd.. and b/c of that we get stuck with dream another season.. and you know what.. fk you guys I'm the only one that beat him that he didn't throw.. fk throwing both games vs AAC to do that.. I want 2nd. :p

Raven Hawk
06-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Well, you have to admit, my 111 NSI was pretty impressive. :) And to think, we'll only be getting better next year . . .

Franklinnoble
06-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Just thought I'd pop in and say 'hi', as my Crusaders figure to be good cannon fodder for you guys next season... IV.19 should have their own forum or something.

Raven Hawk
06-07-2004, 02:59 PM
My condolensces, Franklin. And welcome, aboard. :)

Hobbes-
06-07-2004, 07:46 PM
hey RH what happened to your ravenbeard thing? ITS DEAD!

Hobbes-
06-07-2004, 07:59 PM
oh and hi frank.. we'll be making a new thread shortly

finkenst
06-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Just thought I'd pop in and say 'hi', as my Crusaders figure to be good cannon fodder for you guys next season... IV.19 should have their own forum or something.
good luck, Franklin!

I'm looking forward to this dynasty again next year..

finkenst
06-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Page 4!

Raven Hawk
06-08-2004, 09:54 AM
hey RH what happened to your ravenbeard thing? ITS DEAD!
Yeah, it died because it took me too much time to do. Things got busy at work again (with no forseeable end) and I couldn't put the proper amount of time into that dynasty that I needed to. :(

BlueMage
06-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey, any thoughts on tactics for west ottawa?

finkenst
06-09-2004, 08:29 PM
mots

win

Raven Hawk
06-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Hey, any thoughts on tactics for west ottawa?
1. Attack his left side with a good winger.

2. Defend your left side from his right side attack.

3. Play a midfielder defensive.

4. MOTS

5. Hope that he doesn't read this board.

Here is how I would setup my team if I were you, and had the correct talent.

Keeper: Best Keeper
Left Wingback: Second Best Defender, played defensive.
Left Central Defender: Best Defender, played normal.
Right Central Defender: Third Best Inner Midfielder, extra inner midfielder.
Right Wingback: Third Best Defender with some wing skill, played normal or offensive.
Left Wing: Third Best Forward, Extra Forward.
Left Inner Midfielder: Best Defensive Midfielder, defensive.
Right Inner Midfielder: Best Offensive Midfielder, offensive.
Right Wing: Best Winger, offensive.
Left Forward: Second Best Forward.
Right Forward: Best Forward.

Just make sure you attack his left side. He completely abandons it. No need to do any special tactics.

lytic
06-11-2004, 03:23 PM
good luck, Franklin!

I'm looking forward to this dynasty again next year..

I'll start it shortly after the qual games. I also hope to post all my games in it again. I've been really lazy this last half of the season.

lytic
06-11-2004, 03:26 PM
I'd say run the 3-4-3 with everyone offensive.

You got a keeper right?

2 best defensive middie are your CDs set on offensive

backup winger is WB offensive

That's what I'm doing. :D

BlueMage
06-12-2004, 09:13 PM
thanks lytic.. anyone else want to weigh in?

damnMikeBrown
06-12-2004, 10:09 PM
I'm hovering around 215-218. I was cutting a bit, but over did it & lost too much strength too quickly. Now, I'm doing refeeds to keep the glycogen levels up. Strength has been very slowly improving. BF% is down to 11% or so. Going to try to take off another 2% this summer just to see.

lytic
06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
New thread maybe Sunday.