PDA

View Full Version : (President FOFC Forever) The Colossal Squidependants step forth!

SirFozzie
03-02-2004, 08:14 PM
The following four Colossal Squidependants have ventured forth to challenge the established entrenched SkydogPublicans and Wigocrats, claiming that both of them are too busy fighting each other to serve their constituency.

Colossal Squidependants
mckerney (Minnesota)
stevew (Virginia)
JeeberD (Texas)
Suicane75 (New Jersey)

Feel free to answer as verbose or as succinct as you wish.. just remember your fellow Squidependants are watching, and will vote! And also remember.. the colossal Squid himself wants your best! :)

1) The Wigocrats and SkyDogpublicans have dragged their heels for years on campaign finance reform. Do you think that greater changes are needed?

2) The established parties say that a vote for neither of the two major parties is a vote wasted. What needs to be done to challenge this reality?

3) What can an Squidependant candidate for president do if elected that neither of the other two parties can offer?

4) In recent years, both parties have become more radical in their view according to many. Does this mean that a Squidpendant president would govern from the center?

5) Which issues do you think should the American public be focusing on entering this election campaign?

stevew
03-03-2004, 12:07 AM
1) The Wigocrats and SkyDogpublicans have dragged their heels for years on campaign finance reform. Do you think that greater changes are needed?

I believe that the 2-party system has continuously dragged its heels on Campaign finance issues. When I am elected president, we will consider all sides of the issue. The current 2-party system succeeds in locking out other parties by its RICO-type monopoly of the political system.

2) The established parties say that a vote for neither of the two major parties is a vote wasted. What needs to be done to challenge this reality?

Wasting a vote is voting for the lesser of two evils. I plan to offer an aggressive agenda to the populous. I envision a coalition where disinfranchised members of different societies in life can unite in a common goal......Changing the country. If you vote for the Wigs, all you'll get is a bunch of left wing bogus liberalization of the country. And if you vote for the Dogs, you'll get a neofascist regime. A vote for me will be a vote for you. A vote for the people.

3) What can an Squidependant candidate for president do if elected that neither of the other two parties can offer?

As a Squid, the only people I answer to ARE the people. The Wigs and Dogs pander to special interests within their base group, and ignore the other side. I will bring the country together.

4) In recent years, both parties have become more radical in their view according to many. Does this mean that a Squidpendant president would govern from the center?

"Governing from the Center" is nice in theory, but its just not feasible. When you pander to both sides, you lose your vision. I have a vision of a country that encompasses both sides of the debate. We hope to return more of the spending to the localities so that they can spend on issues that are important to them. Governing from DC is never a good idea.

5) Which issues do you think should the American public be focusing on entering this election campaign?

I think we should be focusing on "Smarter spending." We should also be focused on equal opportunities for everyone from conception. For instance, the Dogs ignore the African AMericans alltogether, and the Wigs pander to them. The squids will encompass them into our movement.

We also seek to open the markets of this country. If you are a manufacturer, when the squids take office, you may lose your job to someone who will do it cheaper. BUT, we will also have plans to bring you into the 21st century through increased offerings in education opportunities. And when you further your education, goods that previously were rediculously too expensive to buy, will become cheaper, due to lower levels of labor cost.

Suicane75
03-03-2004, 12:51 AM

Of course greaters change is needed, A goverment of the people, by the people and for the people is not what we have, instead we have veered into A Goverment of a few people, by some people for the people who can afford it. Politics have become a career, a career in which people will do anything they can to attain a status that will afford them the luxuries they are supposed to be providing the public. Until the system politic becomes an equal forum for all who wish to serve on it, the system needs to be changed. When George Washington served as the President Of The United States, there was talk of giving him complete control, of making him King. But George Washington did not want this, it was against the fiber of everything America had fought so hard to free itself from. Ladies and Gentlemen, in this country we have 2 Kings, and they refuse to even allow others into their castle, let alone sit upon it's throne. And only you, the American public, the voters, much like a rag tag group of revolutionaries did 2 centuries ago, can stop them. Thank you.

Revolution. Not with a gun, but with a ballot is all that can be done to challenge this reality. 2 Viable options? In the whole of our country? 2 viable options are what you say we have? You say, "this is what we give you, anything else is a waste", well I sir say Give Us More. The odds may not dwindle much this election, nor the perhaps the next, but change is rarely quick and never easy. That being said, Joe Namath was seen as a kook on Friday afternoon and A Champion on Sunday. To not fight is too surrender, that is why I am here.

Offer you a true hope of change, not change within the limits of a party of an ideology. I am not a party, I am a man. Perhaps I am rubbing some of my running mates wrong with that statement, but it is the truth. I am not governed by a group, I am only governed by myself. I will not rule with the fist indoctrination, I will rule with the fist of fairness and what I believe in, and I will lay those things out for you. You will know me, you will know where I stand, I am not afraid to answer any question or make any decision. I am a man, I will fail, but I will not blame others for it, I will rule for you, because I am one of you. This is not my career, this a service I want to perform, both for the now and the future, to return this Office to status and dignity it once held.

I would hope that the party would not govern from any other view than that of the public that has entrusted them with that honor. My views are widespread, from that I do not hide. People will agree with me on some issues and see me as a radical on others, i cannot control that, but I will also not lie to appease said people.

The American public should focus on the issues that affect them as individuals, whatever those issues may be, however large or small. From the potholes on the road outside your house to a War halfway across the world.
There is no issue too small or too large to be adressed, my goal is to address them all.

SirFozzie
03-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Bumping

mckerney
03-03-2004, 07:56 PM
I'll keep my answers to the questions somewhat brief:

I don't believe that the campaign finance reform proposed by the two major parties will do anything to help smaller third parties. Besides restricting or taking what should be free speech rights of people to to do things such as TV advertising, the donation limits seem like they only help to keep the major parties in power. They are able to draw from a larger base at the begining, so limiting individual contributions doesn't hurt them too much. In the case of a smaller party, we have a smaller support base at the begining, and restrictions hurt us as far as reaching the larger base. I would also be opposed to a plan that involved completely publically funded campaigns, as I think it is wrong for people tax money to be taken and given to politicians to run for office.

People need to realize that there is no wasted vote. It's never wrong to vote for someone that you think can get the job done better than anyone else, even if you don't think they have much of a chance. I'd think it's definitely better than voting for someone you don't really want to elect, but you think of as the lesser of two evil. We need to get people away from that attitude in this country.

A Squidpendant can offer a new voice to the political arena. Also, any squidpendant won't have to answer to the party heads for every decision like many of those in the major parties. Also, I'd like to think that Squidpendants can stay out of the childish party line fights that usually happen with the two major parties.

A Squidpendant may not govern directly from the center, but will probably be closer, and not to mention much more rational, than any candidate from a major party.

There are many issues that should be taken into account every year, and how well a candidate can do the job should be considered as well, but I think one important one is federal spending. We need to cut government spending, end deficit spending, and make sure that the people are allowed to hold on to more of their own money.

Senator
03-03-2004, 08:04 PM
I sit back and enjoy the show.

mckerney
03-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Still awaiting Jeeber's responses...

JeeberD
03-03-2004, 08:33 PM
I'll get to them some day...

mckerney
03-04-2004, 01:09 AM

Soon?

Suicane75
03-04-2004, 01:19 AM

Are you trying to get a pregnant intern out of the country before you begin your campaign?