PDA

View Full Version : Kerry seeks to be the second black president

stevew
03-02-2004, 10:13 PM
"President Clinton was often known as the first black president. I wouldn't be upset if I could earn the right to be the second," Kerry told the American Urban Radio Network.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040303/D812J3EO1.html

Hrmm, Someone explain to me how this would be possible. Kerry is definately not of the same type of upbringing that Clinton was.

CamEdwards
03-02-2004, 10:21 PM
meanwhile, Kerry would like Colin Powell to be another white Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice to be another white male NSA, Rod Paige to be another white Secretary of Education, Roger Noreiga to be another white Asst. Secretary of State, Nina Shokraii Rees, Maria Hernandez Ferrier, Victoria Vasques (all Asst. Secretaries of Education) to be white males...

go figure. :)

stevew
03-02-2004, 10:25 PM
meanwhile, Kerry would like Colin Powell to be another white Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice to be another white male NSA, Rod Paige to be another white Secretary of Education, Roger Noreiga to be another white Asst. Secretary of State, Nina Shokraii Rees, Maria Hernandez Ferrier, Victoria Vasques (all Asst. Secretaries of Education) to be white males...

I was thinking the other day when that dude called the NEA terrorists(and not that I totally disagree with him dispite having terrorist parents and a wife), that I dont remember Clinton having this many blacks in positions of power in his administration.

CamEdwards
03-02-2004, 10:28 PM
well, to be fair, he didn't need to... what with him being the first black president and all.

wig
03-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Man, now I want to be a black president.

mckerney
03-02-2004, 10:29 PM

Well, if Kerry doesn't, it sure seems this woman would like that:

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/022604/met_14923147.shtml

Dutch
03-02-2004, 10:32 PM
"President Clinton was often known as the first black president. I wouldn't be upset if I could earn the right to be the second," Kerry told the American Urban Radio Network.

Well, that should just about wrap up 91% of the black vote. Does he play a saxophone? He could get the kids aged 18-21 to vote for him too! But maybe kids aren't as fond of the saxamaphone as they were in '92. :D

CamEdwards
03-02-2004, 10:45 PM
word on the streets is that Dubya's been taking accordian lessons.

GoldenEagle
03-02-2004, 10:51 PM
I would think that for either Clinton or Kerry to be black presidents they would actually have to be of the black race, but maybe that is me over thinking again.

sterlingice
03-02-2004, 10:52 PM
word on the streets is that Dubya's been taking accordian lessons.
I think Polka's ready for a comeback! ;)

SI

stevew
03-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Which comes first. The first real black president, or the first totally Jew president?

Buccaneer
03-02-2004, 11:03 PM
...or the first president since before FDR to have the balls to force Congress to drastically cut spendings?

mckerney
03-02-2004, 11:05 PM
...or the first president since before FDR to have the balls to force Congress to drastically cut spendings?

Word.

JAG
03-03-2004, 03:42 AM
I would think that for either Clinton or Kerry to be black presidents they would actually have to be of the black race, but maybe that is me over thinking again.
I think you're over thinking this.

Fritz
03-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Times of revolution we lived in m' lads. Mandingo and Tim Berners-Lee were in the white house posing as a pair of Bubbas from the south.

Maple Leafs
03-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Well, that should just about wrap up 91% of the black vote. Does he play a saxophone?
Dennis Miller:
"We got real excited for that saxaphone, didn't we? You know, I don't think it was the music. I think we were just amazed that we had a president who could actually fucking do something.

Noop
03-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Dennis Miller:
"We got real excited for that saxaphone, didn't we? You know, I don't think it was the music. I think we were just amazed that we had a president who could actually fucking do something.
Thats a great quote...

:)

noop