PDA

View Full Version : OT - NL Holdem tourney - don't you hate it when....

robbgmaier
03-03-2004, 03:37 PM
....the person you're heads up against at the end is both lucky and good? Down a small amount, and having been pushed around a little, I decided to raise with 87d, and my opponent makes something of a rare call. Flop comes 9 5 Jd, giving me a double gut shot draw that I'm not particularly fond of, and when he checks I check. The turn is the 6d. Wow. That never happens. When he checks again, I make a small bet, hoping he'll decide that's my version of a chicken shit bluff. When he does raise, I just call. The river, of course, pairs the board with a J, and my opponent comes out with quite the nice 2000 bet. When I push the rest of my chips in, I get to see that he started with J9, and his full house beats my straight. I am so sad...:( ...see?

judicial clerk
03-03-2004, 04:45 PM
your 8 was not a diamond? The flop was not all diamonds?

SnowMan
03-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Ya I was thinking you had a straight flush.....

BishopMVP
03-03-2004, 05:01 PM
I was playing a tournament this morning and overestimated my competition. I was short-stacked due to losing on a full house to quads early, so when I got pocket jacks and had no callers among the first 3 I figured I could steal the blinds and hoping to draw 1 player in. I was called by the next two people, the SB and the BB, despite none of them having more than 3x my stack and 2 having only about 1.5x. I figure I'm screwed now, since at least 1 of them must have pockets higher than me. They didn't. At the end of the hand, I see I was called by A7o, A5o and 98c. I beat all of them, but the 4th guy had 47 offsuit and hit 2 pair. As TMQ would say, Ye gods.

robbgmaier
03-03-2004, 05:37 PM
sorry, no, only the jack was a diamond on the flop