PDA

View Full Version : OT- CBS Sportsline Fantasy Baseball

Suicane75
03-03-2004, 10:49 PM
I just signed for 2 platinum level teams, I plan on playing in a 5x5 AL & NL only league, if anyone from FOFC is interested in getting in a league together pm me. I'm gonna wait about a week before I enter a league, just wanted to know if any FOFC'ers wanted to join me. Signup is $99 for the first team and $79 for each additional team, league winner gets $600.

Toddzilla
03-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Have you played in a CBS-SPLN league before? A friend of mine tried it last year and won, but has been rebuffed several times trying to collect his winnings ($150). It seems every time he does what they ask of him, they ask for something else. Have you run into the same issue?

QuikSand
03-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Just one note on the CPS league for money - READ THE DETAILS. There are plenty of states in which you will not be eligible to collect your winnings (due, I think, to those states' laws regarding electronit transactions). If you're going to pay $100 to play in a league - you probably would prefer to be eligible to win the prizes.

I looked into these leagues, but my interest dropped when I saw Maryland among the ineligible states.

Ksyrup
03-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Yep, you need to read the fine print. For instance, Florida is almost always listed as ineligible, based on the Attorney General's position that "fantasy sports" games are gambling.

Ksyrup
03-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Note: I should point out that Florida's position is informal, but has been made known. Hence, Florida is on the ineligible list.

Suicane75
03-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Have you played in a CBS-SPLN league before? A friend of mine tried it last year and won, but has been rebuffed several times trying to collect his winnings ($150). It seems every time he does what they ask of him, they ask for something else. Have you run into the same issue?

It took me a while to get my winnings from last year, but with persistance I just got it last week. They do drag their feet, my winners form was returned for no known reason, I mailed it back and emailed them, never got an email response but I finaly recieved my check last week. It was a tedious process but in the end I got my winnings.

Suicane75
03-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Just one note on the CPS league for money - READ THE DETAILS. There are plenty of states in which you will not be eligible to collect your winnings (due, I think, to those states' laws regarding electronit transactions). If you're going to pay $100 to play in a league - you probably would prefer to be eligible to win the prizes.

I looked into these leagues, but my interest dropped when I saw Maryland among the ineligible states.

NJ was among the inelegible states last year, good thing I have a friend in PA. :D