PDA

View Full Version : Ping - Star Wars Galaxies players

Thadaleus
03-04-2004, 07:01 AM
I'm a grizzled veteran of the MMPORPG circuit..
3+ years in Everquest from 7/99 to 10/02
Dark Age of Camelot from launch, and still active
I've played the following for at least a solid month at a time..
Anarchy Online
Asheron's Call
Shadowbane
World War II Online
Ultima Online

I've played a sick number of MUDs and MUSHes.

Now, I finally have a machine that can handle the min reqs for SWG, but I'm reluctant to give it a whirl.

If any of you have experience with SWG and any of the games I've listed, can you compare them for me?

I'm a big fan of grouping, I absolutely love the social interaction of a game.
Questing, leveling, and progressing are all secondary to me.

Thad

Razzlam
03-04-2004, 09:00 AM
I am semi-retired from EQ atm, POTime flagged, over 200aa's, I just finally am burning out. Was in a guild that required 7 hours a day 7 days a week, for the last 3 years. Admittly, I am waiting for EQ2 to do it all over again though. I did the same thing, bought SWG for fun, just something different then EQ, IT WAS TERRIBLE! First off, the servers, most of them it appears, are basically empty, I couldn't find anyone to play with. Secondly, there is little challenge involved, and little reward for effort has well. Since there are no "levels" you never really know if your doing it right, and there is no players around to tell you. I found it horrible. Just could be me though, I have really high standards.

Nyarlahotep
03-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Do a search and look for some PA's. I know there were some with over a thousand members before launch. I don't know how many actually ended up playing or have stuck around. I wasn't happy with the game during beta, but I hear they have added a lot of the stuff that was missing back then. I'm going to give it a try when the space expansion comes out.