PDA

View Full Version : Giants WR I Went to HS With Busted For Pot!

Pyser
03-04-2004, 01:25 PM
and i was so proud he made it, too:

Giants player faces drug charges

Thursday, March 4, 2004 By RAGHURAM VADAREVU STAFF WRITER

FORT LEE - Police said they arrested a Giants player after finding about a half pound of marijuana in his car during a motor vehicle stop. David Tyree, 24, as arrested Tuesday night and charged with drug possession offenses, said borough police Capt. Steve Hervey.

Tyree had come off the George Washington Bridge shortly before 10 p.m. Tuesday when Patrolman Cory Horton stopped his speeding 1989 Oldsmobile on Route 95 near the Route 4 overpass, Hervey said. The car's rear brake light also wasn't working, he said.

Horton ran a check and found that Tyree had an outstanding traffic warrant from Blairstown, so he arrested him, Hervey said. He said the patrolman then smelled what he believed to be marijuana in the car and questioned the other occupants, Al-Girard Taylor, 19, of Newark, and Justin Madera, 20, of Jersey City. That's when the two men handed over the marijuana, Hervey said.

Both were charged with drug possession offenses, and Tyree was additionally issued motor vehicle summonses, Hervey said. All three were being held Wednesday at the Bergen County Jail.

Tyree, drafted in the sixth round out of Syracuse University last year, made the Giants as a special-teams player. The 6-foot, 200-pounder instantly proved himself by making six special-teams tackles in his first two games.

His agent, Mark Clouser, said he had not spoken with Tyree but that the incident was "definitely out of character."

Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon declined to comment.

BigJohn&TheLions
03-04-2004, 01:39 PM
If he was speeding he prolly wasn't smokin... If he was doing 15 on the west side highway...

sabotai
03-04-2004, 01:52 PM
He had an outstanding warrent...and they couldn't find him until now? I smell laziness.

"Let's see. We have a warrent for David Tyree."

"I think someone by that name plays for the Giants. Should I check it out?

"....Nah..."

tucker342
03-04-2004, 02:13 PM
LOL:D

You know, it's probably not smart to be speeding when you have a half-pound of marijuana in your car....

thealmighty
03-04-2004, 04:56 PM
NFL player driving an '89 Olds? I know they have investment advice seminars and financial planning for the future, but DAMN, get a ride.

Pyser
03-04-2004, 05:23 PM
NFL player driving an '89 Olds? I know they have investment advice seminars and financial planning for the future, but DAMN, get a ride.

that was my favorite part, too.

Cecil Fielder
03-05-2004, 03:06 AM
he spent all his cash on the weed, yo.