PDA

View Full Version : CM5 Development Screens

Calis
03-04-2004, 03:27 PM
CM5 Screens (http://www.cmfaq.com/main.php?subaction=showfull&id=1078332770&archive=&start_from=&ucat=155&)

Yeah yeah, it's not the real CM, but thought folks might be interested in seeing what Eidos was doing with things.

It looks ok I guess. It looks a lot like CM to me, and I don't particularly care for the 1-100 ratings. I think 1-20 worked well enough, but that's not a huge deal.

Nothing really exciting though, it looks like they're trying to keep it pretty much the same as the SI offering.

I actually got really confused looking at these at first, because I was reading about this BGS and folks complaining about bringing SI back. Thought I had missed something about SI changing names or dissolving. Freaked me out. Luckily I had just completely forgotten about the split.

SirFozzie
03-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Let me reiterate my position:

Screw Eidos right up their stupid ass. May they ride Lara Croft's over inflated breasts into bankruptcy.

Calis
03-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Let me reiterate my position:

Screw Eidos right up their stupid ass. May they ride Lara Croft's over inflated breasts into bankruptcy.

Testify.

Anyone know anything about the devs on this though? Do they have a history with footie management games? I'm just curious, and I have this morbid desire for the game to be horrendous.

I think it's a contest of seeing how close they can mold the old CM style without actually copying it completely. Should be interesting to watch.

sabotai
03-04-2004, 05:02 PM
A lot of the comments on their comments section are from people who apparently don't realize that CM5 is not a "true sequal" to CM4 and CM 03/04.

And those screesn look like crap. For one, they have white text on top of a bright background. Hello!?

ice4277
03-04-2004, 05:28 PM
I think they look like shit as well. To speak nothing of the gameplay itself, the screens look like a two or three year step back.

Ryan S
03-04-2004, 05:35 PM
They should not have released screenshots with that background. White text on a light colored background is tough to look at.

Marc Vaughan
03-05-2004, 03:47 AM
Anyone know anything about the devs on this though? Do they have a history with footie management games? I'm just curious, and I have this morbid desire for the game to be horrendous.

Eidos are keeping rather vague about the team with the exception of that some of the developers have worked previously for Anco on their managements games (most well known is Steve Screech who also worked on the Kick Off games action games).

I wish Eidos the best of luck with developing CM5 and am personally focusing on ensuring that FM2005 is as good as it can be ... may the best game win (and all that) :D

BreizhManu
03-05-2004, 04:49 AM
I think they did a good job, at least they're heading in the right direction by keeping a kind of "CM touch".

But I'm pretty sure CM5 will be like CM4 instead of being a step ahead of CM 03-04, but if they work well they might catch SI next year.

Now let's see wha the database is going to look like, let's hope it won't be like TCM (scary)

GrantDawg
03-05-2004, 11:16 AM
I'll mention the two things I like:

1) The "chalkboard" looking strategy screen. That is very cool.

2) Ratings out of 100. I always prefer 100 based systems.

I will not buy it, though. I'm hoping Edios loses their shirt on it.

Calis
03-05-2004, 12:33 PM
I actually do kinda like the chalkboard look. Not that it matters at all in the long run, but kind of a neat touch. Looking at it more, it really was a bad choice to use that background. I don't think they look too bad overall though.

I was just wondering also, it'll be interesting to see where the fansites go on this deal. I would assume most folks would stick with SI, but I really don't know how this is flying. I guess I'm just overly paranoid on how it will work out. I see The Dugout has said they're sticking with SI, which is really the only one that matters. :)

Marc- In case you're still reading. Have you guys put any more consideration into beefing up the National team aspects of the game? I know there was some talk a few years back about adding in some more media interaction and such for national managers. Just curious because that's actually my favorite aspect of the game(Managing a National squad), but it's lacking a number of the things that make the game so great.

Sharpieman
03-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Why did Eidos and SI split again?

SirFozzie
03-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Fundamental Differences, I believe the official term was.

Unofficially, Eidos is a bunch of fuckheads and SI couldn't put up with it. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it ;)

(note: Me no speaky for Marc et all)

Desnudo
03-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Those screens are lewd, vesivius, salacious, outrageous! Horrid, ugly, disgusting!

Mac Howard
03-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Originality certainly doesn't seem to be a high priority :rolleyes: