PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden?

hukarez
03-04-2004, 03:28 PM
Looks like this game is shipping and stuff. In any case, has anyone gotten a chance to pick this up on the XBox? If so...any impressions? Lives up to the hype? Worth the wait?

Pumpy Tudors
03-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Just bought it. I generally only play sports games, "tycoon" games, and the occasional RPG. So far, Ninja Gaiden just seems like a button-masher to me, but I thought the same thing about SoulCalibur II. It's a pretty game, for sure, but as to whether it's great, well, I can't really say yet.

I would imagine that anybody who really enjoys this type of game would really enjoy it, though.

hukarez
03-05-2004, 02:07 AM
Hmm. Well, when you go back to the original NES versions...it was pretty much an arcade side scrolling adventure. Still, I hear that there are more weapons that you can use, aside from the katana?

My main concern, really, is the length of a game. There's been a few great games that were released...but were really 'too short' according to most folks I've talked to. For instance, "Max Payne 2", I think. Well, haven't played it myself...but I imagine you'd say it's worth a purchase?

Pumpy Tudors
03-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Well, I haven't played it since the night I bought it. Winning Eleven 7 has my interest instead. I hear that Ninja Gaiden is pretty short, but I guess you have to be good at this type of game or something. I suck at everything except football games, so I could probably put 60 hours into Ninja Gaiden without finishing it.

Yes, supposedly, there are more weapons, although I don't think you really "need" to use any of the additional ones. The katana and the shuriken are supposed to work just fine.

Sorry I haven't been more helpful. I really expected to play it more, but I think I wasted $50 because I only put 30 minutes into it on Thursday, and I'll be getting MVP Baseball 2004 on Wednesday, with not much hope of playing anymore until then.

I guess I'll leave this thread to someone who's put more time into it.

hukarez
03-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the reply though! :)

tucker342
03-09-2004, 03:31 PM
The game is about 20 hrs long

It got a 9.4 at IGN.com

I'll be getting it pretty soon:)

Pumpy Tudors
03-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Yeah, but 20 hours for who? I read a review that said that it was 20 hours long, but it would probably take me about 50, just because I was so terrible the one time I played it.