PDA

View Full Version : Woman discovers fingertip in salad

WSUCougar
03-05-2004, 04:53 PM
YUMMY!

CANTON, Ohio (AP) -- Talk about leaving a bad tip at the restaurant.

A 22-year-old woman found the severed tip of a thumb in her lunch salad at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers.

Stark County Health Commissioner Bill Franks said a worker at the restaurant, in the Canton suburb Jackson Township about 70 miles south of Cleveland, was chopping lettuce Monday night when he cut off part of his left thumb, including part of the fingernail.

Employees searched for the fingertip, but could not find it. The area was cleaned and sanitized, but the lettuce was placed in a cooler and then used for salads on Tuesday.

"It wound up being served at lunch time Tuesday to a 22-year-old woman," Franks said.

She had eaten most of her salad when she put the fingertip in her mouth, Franks said.

She first thought it was a piece of gristle, a health department report said.

Red Robin spokesman Dwayne Chambers said employees, in their haste to get the injured man to a doctor, failed to follow the chain's procedures and throw out all food in the area.

"We clearly had a breakdown," he said. "We are incredibly sorry about what happened."

Chambers said he spoke with the woman. "She obviously was pretty upset," he said.

TLK
03-05-2004, 04:57 PM
hmmmm...... must be an Ohio thing....

Woman Reportedly Finds Mouse's Foot In Ground Beef Health Department Photographs Object

POSTED: 11:39 pm EST March 4, 2004
UPDATED: 3:38 pm EST March 5, 2004

MIDDLETOWN, Ohio -- A Middletown woman says she may become a vegetarian after finding what appeared to be a mouse's foot -- complete with five tiny toes and toenails -- in a package of ground beef purchased at a supermarket.

Norma Rapp, 79, and her godson, Gilbert Fletcher, were forming hamburger patties to put on the grill Sunday when they made the discovery.

Fletcher said he contacted the store where he had purchased the meat and was told it couldn't be a foot because they ground the meat too fine.

Fletcher then called the Middletown health department, which turned the investigation over to the Ohio Department of Agriculture after photographing the object.

Fletcher says store officials told him to freeze the meat and wait to hear from the Food and Drug Administration.

JeeberD
03-05-2004, 05:30 PM
I still like the "condom in the clam chowder" story the best...

tucker342
03-06-2004, 11:16 PM
wow, that would kind of ruin someones appetite wouldn't it?

MrBug708
03-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Someones getting a nice payday.....

MizzouRah
03-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Someones getting a nice payday.....

My thoughts exactly. ;) She doesn't even have to play powerball.

Todd

Franklinnoble
03-07-2004, 02:06 AM
I just love those stories that make you puke and laugh at the same time. There's nothing quite so exhilarating as inhaling your own vomit.

WSUCougar
03-08-2004, 01:15 PM
My favorite story like this was the infamous Chicken McNoggin. A deep-fried chicken head in a 6-piece of McNuggets. Sweet!

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/email/pictures/mcnoggin.jpg

Ksyrup
03-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Man, what people will do just to get the hell out of Ohio!