PDA

View Full Version : EHM: 1.18?

MizzouRah
03-05-2004, 08:06 PM
After reading Turneronu22's dynasty with EHM, I'm wondering is this "freeware" game worth downloading and playing? Meaning, is it as fun with hockey (a sport I love) as FOF and FBCB is with football and college basketball respectively?

Thanks,

Todd

SackAttack
03-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Yep, but fair warning, it runs a little slow on most machines.

TurnerONU22
03-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Its a little slower than some of the other games out there, but I think it helps get more immersed with the team. Also, I'm using version 1.16, I've read that this version is the best, along with being the fastest (I believe). I think its one of those things where its best to try it out and see if you feel its too slow for your tastes. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

sachmo71
03-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Stay on v1.16. I think it's one of the best text sims ever made.

JeffNights
03-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Yes Version 1.16 is the BEST. 1.18 had some tpye of speed glitch. and also nothing super was added anyway. but this is a great game.

MizzouRah
03-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the v1.16 advice. You guys using real rosters, I know Turneronu22 is from his dynasty.

What other mods are needed?

Thanks,

Todd

TurnerONU22
03-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the v1.16 advice. You guys using real rosters, I know Turneronu22 is from his dynasty.

What other mods are needed?

Thanks,

Todd

I downloaded a few things from the fhockey DOT com website, such as photos, updated arena pics, draft picks update, and a couple other ones. Also, I used one of the save files, I don't remember which, but I used the one that had the roster that more accurately reflected the beginning of this season. The photos of the players really help give yet another level of immersion, and I find that the news section is the best out there of any text sim, except CM.

MizzouRah
03-05-2004, 11:12 PM
I downloaded a few things from the fhockey DOT com website, such as photos, updated arena pics, draft picks update, and a couple other ones. Also, I used one of the save files, I don't remember which, but I used the one that had the roster that more accurately reflected the beginning of this season. The photos of the players really help give yet another level of immersion, and I find that the news section is the best out there of any text sim, except CM.

Great, thanks for the help!

Todd

bbor
03-05-2004, 11:29 PM
I need EHM:FE!

Threads like this remind me of how much i am looking forward to this game..

Hurst2112
03-06-2004, 02:33 AM
i was using the game on a P3 500 machine and it was a tolerable speed. I would agree with the 1.16 version as well. The rosters, from what I remeber were all NHL because Riz didn't charge for the game. I think that the pictures were the only things you had to download.

BTW look at the Zetterberg picture. The guy looks about 14 and he just woke up and ran down stairs for Chrismas morning...funny pic.

EHM is one of the best sport sims out there. For the price, it is the best ever. Riz really hit it on the head when it came to packing the game full of stuff, and supporting something that wasn't making him any money. I want his next game to succeed more than ever. Its guys like that, that give the whole customer support and quality assurance end of game design a GOOD name (and I'm not trying to blow smoke here...hehe).

I would suggest trying the game, no matter how slow it might be. It will give you an idea of how a hockey sim works, and will get you hooked to Riz's game. I found it a little slow going right away but after the pics where in and the game was to version 1.6 (eariler versions were not near as good...talking way earlier)...the game really has a vibe that is cool for both stat geeks and hockey geeks alike.

Hint! Be aware of your farm team rosters, both coach and player! Don't forget about them. What is cool is that players will retire and become scouts or coaches after their career. Yzerman was mine during my wings career...cool shit. Not to mention that the real coach names are in there.

Hope this helps.

Logan
03-06-2004, 02:59 AM
I will buy EHM:FE solely based on the fact that I have gotten so much enjoyment out of a free game, I feel I OWE them.

Add in all the things I'm sure I'll get out of the new game, and its still a great deal.

MizzouRah
03-06-2004, 08:54 AM
i was using the game on a P3 500 machine and it was a tolerable speed. I would agree with the 1.16 version as well. The rosters, from what I remeber were all NHL because Riz didn't charge for the game. I think that the pictures were the only things you had to download.

BTW look at the Zetterberg picture. The guy looks about 14 and he just woke up and ran down stairs for Chrismas morning...funny pic.

EHM is one of the best sport sims out there. For the price, it is the best ever. Riz really hit it on the head when it came to packing the game full of stuff, and supporting something that wasn't making him any money. I want his next game to succeed more than ever. Its guys like that, that give the whole customer support and quality assurance end of game design a GOOD name (and I'm not trying to blow smoke here...hehe).

I would suggest trying the game, no matter how slow it might be. It will give you an idea of how a hockey sim works, and will get you hooked to Riz's game. I found it a little slow going right away but after the pics where in and the game was to version 1.6 (eariler versions were not near as good...talking way earlier)...the game really has a vibe that is cool for both stat geeks and hockey geeks alike.

Hint! Be aware of your farm team rosters, both coach and player! Don't forget about them. What is cool is that players will retire and become scouts or coaches after their career. Yzerman was mine during my wings career...cool shit. Not to mention that the real coach names are in there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I will give it a go.

Todd

timmae
03-06-2004, 10:43 AM
ummm... I get an error message that reads...

the file c:\windows\rundll32.exe is not a valid ms-dos program file. It may be damaged.

wtf?

Hurst2112
03-06-2004, 10:53 AM
I think you may have to download a couple files from EHM's site. They are Windows files. I found that the first time I tried it in XP, I had to do it. OCX files? Something like that.

There is a section where you download the game that is for files like this.

timmae
03-06-2004, 11:02 AM
I think you may have to download a couple files from EHM's site. They are Windows files. I found that the first time I tried it in XP, I had to do it. OCX files? Something like that.

There is a section where you download the game that is for files like this.

thanks, I'll check it out.

The_herd
03-07-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm playing v1.16, downloaded the save game with the current roster file, logos, and arenas. Unfortunately, when I get to the end of season 1 I get RTE 5 as it starts to compile stats for the next season. Anyone have suggestions?

wbatl1
05-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Anyone know the solution to this problem/bug. I set my own training schedules, and once I get inot a career, the training schedules revert to the defaults and when I try to change them I get an error message and the game closes. Also, I do not even know if the playerse are being trained, because I cannot find anyone on my team with green ratings. I have tried to restart, and it always happens, but it seems to be a random event.

riz
05-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Anyone know the solution to this problem/bug. I set my own training schedules, and once I get inot a career, the training schedules revert to the defaults and when I try to change them I get an error message and the game closes. Also, I do not even know if the playerse are being trained, because I cannot find anyone on my team with green ratings. I have tried to restart, and it always happens, but it seems to be a random event.

I'd try re-installing the game in this case. I remember this kind of a bug but it has been such a long time since I actually looked at the old EHM code that I cannot really tell if there is an easier fix. The best thing would probably be to just re-install the game to the same directory and keeping the saved games. After re-installing, the saves might not appear in the load window but should load fine if you just type the name of the saved game in.

Marc Vaughan
05-03-2004, 04:45 PM
I need EHM:FE!

Threads like this remind me of how much i am looking forward to this game..

Heh - my plan to use multiple user accounts to entice people into the new game is working ;)

Don't worry not too long to wait now :D

davidlando1
05-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Don't worry not too long to wait now :D

Can we, like, get a hint??? ;)

Maple Leafs
05-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Don't worry not too long to wait now :DAny chance it will be ready by Tuesday night? Based on recent events (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?yy=2004&mm=05&dd=2&gameDate=20040502&gameID=&scheduleID=4355&slug=TP-RECAP-NHL-4355&gameStatus=2), it looks like I may have some free time in the evenings after Tuesday or Thursday.

bbor
05-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Any chance it will be ready by Tuesday night? Based on recent events (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?yy=2004&mm=05&dd=2&gameDate=20040502&gameID=&scheduleID=4355&slug=TP-RECAP-NHL-4355&gameStatus=2), it looks like I may have some free time in the evenings after Tuesday or Thursday.

LMAO:D

Johnny93g
05-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Any chance it will be ready by Tuesday night? Based on recent events (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?yy=2004&mm=05&dd=2&gameDate=20040502&gameID=&scheduleID=4355&slug=TP-RECAP-NHL-4355&gameStatus=2), it looks like I may have some free time in the evenings after Tuesday or Thursday.

Comeon man....you gotta believe...Leafs been in tough before.....theres one thing noone can argue....they usually seem to play there best when there backs are against the wall

Ramzavail
05-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Can you change lines in this game?

PilotMan
05-03-2004, 08:49 PM
The only problem I have is I get far enough into the game and for some reason it drains my memory to the point that my computer crashes. I have had this problem with CAD and TDCB, the reason I have not gotten those games as well. I guess I just need to upgrade the OS or the whole damn computer.

Johnny93g
05-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Can you change lines in this game?

yep, if you mean line combonations...and ice time......