PDA

View Full Version : PING: Racing sim fans

RendeR
03-06-2004, 11:15 AM
I am currently running a simulation and webcasting it to test my system. If interested please go to the following site and take a look and let me know what you think!!

There is also a graphical interface that shows the cars as they move around the track, however the track I am currently running is not one of the main ones and it does not recognize it. this feature will not function during this test.

http://www.majecc.net/racesim

Enjoy!

Ren

korme
03-06-2004, 11:32 AM
wow, too cool

RendeR
03-06-2004, 11:37 AM
I thought it was pretty awesome when I found the program. It will even broadcast the race if I'm running online with live people or driving in the single race by myself. There is a link there for "trackview" which puts up an image of the track itself, and moves the car numbers around it according to where they stand currently. When I run one with a track that has an image for it I'll post another note like this so people can see the graphical side too.

RendeR
03-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Also, once I start adding FOFC owners to this dynasty I'm doing, I can include their FOFC names next to the driver's last name so we can tell who's car is doing what.

Dutch
03-06-2004, 11:41 AM
That's really cool. Is this using NR2003?

klayman
03-06-2004, 11:41 AM
wicked

RendeR
03-06-2004, 11:45 AM
yes, currently this only works with NR2003, there are files that you upload to your web site, one of which you have to enter your IP address into so it can contact your PC. Then you have a small server program (literally like 500K) that you start on your PC that does the communication between NR2003 and the PHP webpage on your site. It can handle over 1000 people viewing or more, and it adds very little bandwidth load to your connection. They do suggest that you have at least 128k connection or better to avoid slowdowns on your end.

RendeR
03-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Thanks for checking things out! feel free to comment on things you liked or disliked. I am going to be editing the layout and graphics. I also need to look at where it gets the track name from so it will look better on the webpage.

RendeR
03-06-2004, 11:54 AM
I just updated the stats for the winner (Lewis jackson) and started the 14th race in this season. Again nashville does not have an image in the java program yet so the on track positioning page won't load. When I start season 4 I will try and have all the tracks in there so people can enjoy the cars on the track view as well as the standings and stats.

RendeR
03-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Please give a cheer for the three FOFC owners entered in season 4 of the NRRS (see the thread in the dynasty section for more information and a link to the live webcast! races running now!)

Ren

Buzzbee
03-15-2004, 05:42 PM
RendeR - Pretty cool. One thing I noticed, and I don't know if it is under your control or not, but when I clicked on the track overview, then closed the window, the results would no longer refresh. It may be because the track was unknown, but I'm guessing that once you leave the browser window it ceases refreshing, or it doesn't know that the window is active again to begin refreshing again.

RendeR
03-15-2004, 06:21 PM
not sure why that happened. It refreshes every 10 seconds normally. Which browser did you see this with? (type and version) I'll test it on the next race I run. Anytime you see the "track uknown" in the java window it means I don't yet have a graphic for that track to use. the standard tracks bristol, infineon, dover etc, it will open up and show a blue number graphic for each car as it circles the track.

Buzzbee
03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
not sure why that happened. It refreshes every 10 seconds normally. Which browser did you see this with? (type and version) I'll test it on the next race I run. Anytime you see the "track uknown" in the java window it means I don't yet have a graphic for that track to use. the standard tracks bristol, infineon, dover etc, it will open up and show a blue number graphic for each car as it circles the track.

IE 6.0

RendeR
03-15-2004, 06:56 PM
kewl, I'll try watching it with that when I run the second race to see what happens.