PDA

View Full Version : God bless NFL Network

Kodos
03-06-2004, 02:05 PM
I switch it on whenever nothing else is on. Even though the programming is a bit sparse and repetitious, it really helps fill the void of the NFL offseason. If they start replaying old games, that will be so sweet.

When does NFL Europe start up?

AgPete
03-06-2004, 02:43 PM
I've put in two complaints to my cable company demanding they they get this channel but still no luck. :(

Tekneek
03-06-2004, 04:16 PM
I've put in two complaints to my cable company demanding they they get this channel but still no luck. :(

Does that usually work for you? It never worked for me when I was a cable customer.

AgPete
03-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Does that usually work for you? It never worked for me when I was a cable customer.

Oh yeah, my cable company always meets my demands. Why just the other day I asked for 5 more premium HBO channels and they appeared instantly. :p What I'm hoping is that there are a lot of NFL fans in my area that would love to watch this channel. If there's enough demand for the new channel, they will eventually get it.

Tekneek
03-06-2004, 06:48 PM
;)

Fritz
03-06-2004, 10:49 PM
The NFL Channel isn't a Direct TV only thing?

MIJB#19
03-07-2004, 06:48 AM
When does NFL Europe start up?April 3rd.

Bubba Wheels
03-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Try Comcast, the only way to get their attention is not pay your bill.

DanGarion
03-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Not any longer there is no exclusive contract with Direct TV anymore.

Kodos
03-26-2004, 04:05 PM
I love it. I just finished watching the Raven's Hard Knocks series from a couple seasons ago. Good stuff. And they also had a nice roundtable with all of the Mike Holmgren disciples who went on to become head coaches: Gruden, Mariucci, Mornhinweg, Reid, and Jauron. I love finding out a little bit more about these guys.

Peregrine
03-26-2004, 05:30 PM
They do play some old games Kodos, you just have to catch them at the right time. They were showing some playoff games from the early 90's the other night.

yabanci
03-26-2004, 06:56 PM
You can go to this link and with a few clicks make a request to your local cable company to add it. Whether it has any effect or not, I don't know (doubt it).

http://getnfl.cablesource.net/default.asp

Butter
04-06-2004, 10:43 AM
If they start replaying old games, that will be so sweet.

Your wish has been granted. Starting as of this past weekend, that is.

From the NFL Network website:

NFL Replay
1 p.m. ET Sunday, 8 p.m. ET/PT Monday

For the first-time ever on cable and satellite, NFL Network unveils NFL Replay, a new series on Sunday afternoons and Monday nights that will re-broadcast two-hour versions of network television's coverage of memorable regular season games - complete with the original network footage, graphics and play-by-play commentary.

For its first season, NFL Network selected games won in the closing moments or in overtime and will initially feature Sunday afternoon network regular-season games from 1998 through 2002.

With airings Sunday afternoons and Monday nights, NFL Network will televise NFL Replay in a familiar time slot when fans are used to seeing NFL games.

NFL Replay airs Mondays at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT and in May will also air Sundays at 1:00 p.m. ET.

NFL Replay Schedule for April/May

Monday 4/5 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT - Bills vs. Vikings (9/15/02)
In only his second game with the Bills, Drew Bledsoe set personal passing records in this overtime shootout against Daunte Culpepper, Randy Moss and the Vikings.

Monday 4/12 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT - Chiefs vs. Browns (9/8/02)
The opening game of the 2002 season saw Priest Holmes and the Chiefs take on the Browns in a game that featured a 35-point fourth quarter and nine lead changes.

Monday 4/19 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT - Giants vs. Cowboys (11/4/01)
Kerry Collins rallies the Giants from a 17-point halftime deficit to even the score with the Cowboys entering the fourth quarter in this NFC East clash that would be decided in overtime.

Monday 4/26 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT - Ravens vs. Jaguars (9/10/00)
Jaguars receiver Jimmy Smith caught three touchdowns and Ravens quarterback Tony Banks threw five touchdowns in this high-scoring contest decided on one of the game's final plays.

Sunday 5/2 at 1:00 p.m. ET - Rams vs. Seahawks (9/10/00)
Quarterbacks Jon Kitna (Seahawks) and Kurt Warner (Rams) passed for a combined 631 yards in a game that would be decided late in the fourth quarter.

Monday 5/3 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT - 49ers vs. Jets (9/6/98)
Quarterbacks Glenn Foley (Jets) and Steve Young (49ers) combined for 778 yards passing and six touchdowns in this 1998 season opener that would be settled in overtime.

Sunday 5/9 at 1:00 p.m. ET - Vikings vs. Rams (9/13/98)
Rams quarterback Tony Banks threw four interceptions in this turnover plagued game against Cris Carter and the Vikings. The game's outcome would hinge on a late defensive stand.

Monday 5/10 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT - Patriots vs. Chargers (10/14/01)
Tom Brady led the Patriots to a 10-point fourth quarter comeback against the Chargers to force the game into overtime.

Sunday 5/16 at 1:00 p.m. ET - Patriots vs. Jets (9/12/99)
Patriots quarterback Drew Bledsoe passed for 340 yards and a touchdown against Keyshawn Johnson and the Jets on opening weekend of the 1999 season. The game would be decided on special teams.

Monday 5/17 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT - Cowboys vs. Redskins (9/12/99)
In the 1999 season kickoff, the Cowboys and Redskins combined for 1,045 total yards in this NFC East overtime showdown.

Sunday 5/23 at 1:00 p.m. ET - 49ers vs. Falcons (10/14/01)
The 49ers Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens teamed on three touchdown passes against Chris Chandler and the Falcons in a game that would end up in overtime.

Monday 5/24 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT - Packers vs. Falcons (9/8/02)
Opening weekend of the 2002 season was headlined by two superstar quarterbacks, Michael Vick (Falcons) and Brett Favre (Packers) in a game that would be decided in overtime.

Sunday 5/30 at 1:00 p.m. ET - Packers vs. Raiders(9/12/99)
Brett Favre (Packers) and Rich Gannon (Raiders) squared off in a duel that would produce 560 passing yards at Lambeau Field on opening weekend of the 1999 season.

Monday 5/31 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT - Jaguars vs. Bears (9/6/98)
Opening weekend of the 1998 season saw Mark Brunell and the Jaguars travel to Soldier Field in a game that would be decided on one of the game's final plays.

-------------------------------------

I watched some of this last night, and it's the original game broadcast, with a lot of the boring in-between play crap edited out. No Bengals games though.... *snif*

Butter
04-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Monday 4/12 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT - Chiefs vs. Browns (9/8/02)
The opening game of the 2002 season saw Priest Holmes and the Chiefs take on the Browns in a game that featured a 35-point fourth quarter and nine lead changes.

I believe this is the infamous Dwayne Rudd helmet toss game.... if you get a chance to watch the last 1/2 hour, it's a must see.