PDA

View Full Version : ERROR: Unable to load past season data. Anyone know how to fix this? :-(

AgPete
03-06-2004, 10:59 PM
I think I'm screwed and my dynasty is over. :(

This is the bug I got when ending week 17 and advancing to the playoffs. It freezes with this error message and I have to restart FOF:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/wfldynasty/error1.jpg

I know what probably caused it. Sometimes I save several different files for the same game. (e.g. MyDynasty1, MyDynasty2, My Dynasty3.....) I do this just in case I mess up on accident. Well, I did mess up. I accidentally pressed "Sim Season" instead of the button I was trying to use. My season went a few games and then stopped because I needed to make a replacement at an injured starting position. I went ahead and saved the current progress where it stopped under a different name because I feel like I'm cheating when I save and load even if it was because of an accident. I basically wanted to load the previous saved game to see what some of the depth, def/off variables were that I didn't get a chance to change and if they were good enough for me, I was going to keep the second saved game's results and alter the roster like I wanted it then. Well.... the default numbers were good enough so I reloaded the second saved game after the accident and erased the first saved game. I'm pretty sure that's where the problems come from. I could have sworn that I had done this once before in the same dynasty and had no problems. I didn't tell it to erase any of my previous box scores or game logs either when I erased previous saved games.

I get the same error message when I try to look at career stats, but it doesn't freeze the game. Instead this is what happens. Notice how it thinks the players started in 2005 when in fact the dynasty has been going since 2003. I gues it knows there are stats somewhere that it needs:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/wfldynasty/error2.jpg
I can get out of this but when the error happens at the end of a season like above, it's a permanent crash.

I tried just about everything to rig it to work. I even used Norton and reinstalled some files from my Norton Protected Recycle Bin. That didn't help either. I checked Solecismic's FAQ and this wasn't listed. I think I've lost my dynasty. :(

I checked the FOF forum archives and found threads like this one (http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?t=9491&highlight=unable+load+past+season) which basically don't answer anything and the only suggestion is contact Solecismic. Does anyone happen to know how to fix this? Or did I lose my dynasty? :mad: :(

Dutch
03-06-2004, 11:08 PM
That sucks, I was looking forward to this dynasty. Hopefully Jim can help. And my boys in Istanbul were 13-3!

AgPete
03-06-2004, 11:14 PM
That sucks, I was looking forward to this dynasty. Hopefully Jim can help. And my boys in Istanbul were 13-3!

Thanks, I enjoyed writing it. Was really getting into it. :( I did manage to post the results of 2004 in the dynasty forum. Istanbul did pretty good that year but blew it in the playoffs. This was supposed to be their "1997 Denver Broncos year." LOL Good record in previous season but disappointing playoffs. I'm going to email Jim but I have a bad feeling I can't salvage this.

3ric
03-07-2004, 01:06 AM
I have had that too, it's probably one of the past season files that has gone missing. Your save game has a number, like 0007560, and the past season files are named as 00000756.2003, 00000756.2004 and so on.
I accidentally deleted some past years and had to play on with that error message at the end of the season (holding down Enter until it goes away) and when accessing a player's stats. If you can live with the Record book having gaps then it'll go away gradually until there's no players left in the league who played in those years.

AgPete
03-07-2004, 01:29 AM
Yep, that solved it 3ric. I kept my finger on the enter button for about 2-3 minutes and it eventually disappeared. :) Muchas gracias! Past standings and a few more categories are still there but I've lost my 2002-2003 stats permanently. Oh well, at least I have them in html export files in case I ever need to add them manually. I guess I'll be creating my own custom Hall of Fame for my dynasty because some players will be missing with two years of stats not counted. Thanks again 3ric.

RPI-Fan
03-07-2004, 10:26 AM
So, 3ric, how long were you going to hold the enter button before you finally gave up? <a href="http://www.holdthebutton.com/">This game</a> might be for you.:)

Solecismic
03-07-2004, 02:19 PM
That does bring to mind a case that probably should be in the help file or the FAQ.

This error is possible if you delete a saved game while playing an open career, expecting to save-as later in that career. The game doesn't access statistics from seasons past until they're needed, and the save-as function copies files from the base universe.

This won't affect the Hall of Fame - that information is kept elsewhere. And one work-around, though it might look a bit bizarre, is to copy in a year file from another career and rename it with the same prefix (i.e. cp 00000022.2004 00000029.2004 to repair a missing 2004 file in your 00000029 career).

You might see unusual stats figured into a player's career for that year, but it's better than holding down the enter key and avoiding the career statistics entirely.

AgPete
03-07-2004, 03:22 PM
That does bring to mind a case that probably should be in the help file or the FAQ.

This error is possible if you delete a saved game while playing an open career, expecting to save-as later in that career. The game doesn't access statistics from seasons past until they're needed, and the save-as function copies files from the base universe.

This won't affect the Hall of Fame - that information is kept elsewhere. And one work-around, though it might look a bit bizarre, is to copy in a year file from another career and rename it with the same prefix (i.e. cp 00000022.2004 00000029.2004 to repair a missing 2004 file in your 00000029 career).

You might see unusual stats figured into a player's career for that year, but it's better than holding down the enter key and avoiding the career statistics entirely.

Muchas gracias. I'll try that fix too. :)

EDIT--Tried it and no luck. :( Used the first save game .2003 and .2004 files I had and didnt' work. Even tried to start a new career with the same roster and use those stat files to see if it would work but still get the same bugs. Thanks for the suggestion anyways, I'll be more careful when I delete my games in the future.