PDA

View Full Version : Internet Help needed

Marmel
03-07-2004, 02:29 AM
For some reason i cannot access any of the ootp-leagues.com websites. Every other website in the world I can get to, unless it is one of the ootp sites. their message board works, but it has a differnet address.

Did I change some setting on my internet browser by accident? I use firebird, but explorer does not work either. I have never had this problem before.

Any advise at all?

Young Drachma
03-07-2004, 02:33 AM
I just tried to get to a bunch and they worked for me. So...I dunno, that's weird.

Do you have a firewall up or something? Perhaps its those specific leagues. But I dunno...sorry.

Franklinnoble
03-07-2004, 02:39 AM
Sounds like a DNS cache problem.

What OS are you running, and what sort of ISP do you have?

Marmel
03-07-2004, 02:43 AM
win xp

ISP.....uhm, a cable connection. Is that what you mean?

Marmel
03-07-2004, 02:44 AM
cox cable to be exact

Marmel
03-07-2004, 03:55 AM
help. tried clearing the cache and all cookies, etc... Still not working. :(

Simms
03-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Go to Start-->Run, and type in "cmd" (no quotes). When you get the prompt, type:

tracert www.ootp-leagues.com

and hit enter. It'll take a minute or two, but it'll start spitting back a bunch of numbers and IP addresses. These are all the routers (hops) that your connection has to go through to ultimately reach the OOTP server. Chances are, there's a hub out there somewhere between your computer and their server that is down. If you get a time out somewhere along the line during the tracert, then that's the case.

If the tracert completes and you still can't see the websites, then there's a problem with your browser/firewall, in which case, I'm not sure what to tell you.