PDA

View Full Version : CM03/04: It's a clean sweep

Calis
03-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Just had to share this. I finished up my first season managing Wolverhampton after Chief Rum's dynasty gave me the itch to move up from coaching Conference sides and go with crappy Premier sides.

I was a bit shocked when the season awards came up.

http://www.xmission.com/~barnabyj/awards.jpg

And to make matters even more jacked up, Brian McBride won English Footballer of the Year. I'm declaring shenanigans on the whole thing!

Thought that was interesting and might bring into question SI's awards AI. ;)

Back I go. I had a disgustingly good season with Wolves for the first outing. I have no clue what happened, but I expected to be relegated and ended up finishing near the top of the table. Was a weird season all around.

Tekneek
03-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Wow. There might be some serious outrage with Yanks taking all the glory.

ice4277
03-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Nice! I finally ordered 03/04 and just got it the other day. I am managing a team below the first division for the first time, taking on Barnsley in the second division. I usually do the same as you have, take a low-ranked Premier team or middle-ranked division one team, but figured this year I would try out a lower league. Its definitely tough working with a transfer budget of almost zero. And it doesn't help that my odds of winning the league are 80-1 and I am picked to be relegated by the 'experts'. :(

SirFozzie
03-07-2004, 04:19 PM
What skin are you using?

Looks neat ;)

Fonzie
03-07-2004, 04:22 PM
All Hail Gertbeef the Destroyer!

Calis
03-07-2004, 06:29 PM
What skin are you using?

Looks neat ;)

Using the Football Manager 2005 Beta skin from

hxxp://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php

Trying to get ready for the new game. :)

I actually had never used a skin until this morning. I'm just fiddling around now really, but there's really nothing that seems better than good 'ole Ter to me.

mattwakeman
03-08-2004, 09:28 AM
As a Birmingham City fan I'm more outraged by the fact that Wolves (or the dog-heads as we call them) did well rather then American success in the players awards...;)