PDA

View Full Version : Martha Stewart Jury special on NBC

JeffNights
03-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Well, only 20 minutes in and i can see why she got convicted. This group is looney-tunes.

yeesh.

jetpunk2000
03-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Well, only 20 minutes in and i can see why she got convicted. This group is looney-tunes.

yeesh.
Besides the fact that she was obviously guilty and thought she could do whatever she wanted because of who she was?

JeffNights
03-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Obviously eh?

jetpunk2000
03-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Obviously eh?
Oh, no. Sorry, she wasn't guilty. Coincidentally her stocks were sold hours before they became worthless. It was a conspiracy that her assistant gave some pretty damning testimony against her. She had a grudge, right? That assistant broker, you know, the one who made the phone call, he had a grudge too, right? Give me some reason to even consider her innocent.

Draft Dodger
03-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Oh, no. Sorry, she wasn't guilty. Coincidentally her stocks were sold hours before they became worthless. It was a conspiracy that her assistant gave some pretty damning testimony against her. She had a grudge, right? That assistant broker, you know, the one who made the phone call, he had a grudge too, right? Give me some reason to even consider her innocent.

she is guilty, and obviously so. but not for insider trading - she wasn't even charged with that.

she's guilty of covering up her tracks

jetpunk2000
03-07-2004, 06:56 PM
she is guilty, and obviously so. but not for insider trading - she wasn't even charged with that.

Yes, but that was the incident all of this stemmed from.

SunDancer
03-07-2004, 07:56 PM

Yeap...Sounded like the evidence was overpowering, and the defense have no defense. I love her friends sititing behind her in court, Roise, Bill Cosby.
Am I only the sick of being said Stewart being "targeted"? She broke the law, and try to cover her ass for it by lying and covering her tracks. They all say that these other guys are getting off, but aren't they still on trial?

Young Drachma
03-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I was originally incesned because I bought the crap that she was being used as a poster child.

But after I heard CNN's Jeffrey Toobin explain how stupid this was, I think I lost all sympathy. Basically, he was saying that all Martha had to do was say nothing and they never could've done anything. But she was such a snob, thinking that she could talk and people would believe her (e.g. the whole PR campaign and crap) that she opened her mouth.

If she'd just taken whatever - probably minor - PR hit that would've gone with being implicated, rather than convicted she would've been fine. But oh well....