PDA

View Full Version : MP league question

K_cin
05-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Hello,

Is it possible to manually move a team to a new city in a MP league allowing new owners to represent the city they wish to, or are leagues stuck with the original cities it used at start up?

THanks,!

sovereignstar
05-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Like I mentioned over at the USFL board before, you are stuck in New Jersey my friend. :(

stevew
05-22-2004, 01:45 AM
Hello,

Is it possible to manually move a team to a new city in a MP league allowing new owners to represent the city they wish to, or are leagues stuck with the original cities it used at start up?

THanks,!

Actually the commish could edit the city list on his game, and then people could import a certain .fga file every time they load up the league files and the team would be in the city you desire.

GoldenEagle
05-22-2004, 01:53 AM
Actually the commish could edit the city list on his game, and then people could import a certain .fga file every time they load up the league files and the team would be in the city you desire.
Yep.

sovereignstar
05-22-2004, 05:18 PM
So in other words, no.

stevew
05-22-2004, 09:40 PM
So in other words, no.

Well actually if you would ask Golden Eagle how to set it up, Im sure he could help you out. All it takes is a simple batch file.

sovereignstar
05-23-2004, 12:30 AM
No, you can't switch a team's location in the middle of a career. And I don't know what you're talking about with a *.fga file.

GoldenEagle
05-23-2004, 01:40 AM
Grab Taco;s City Editor. Then do a batch file for NFL team names and your MP team names.

sovereignstar
05-23-2004, 01:47 AM
But even you told sjshaw that he couldn't move his team from Albany. From what I'm aware you can't change a team's location in the middle of a MP career.

sovereignstar
05-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Feel free to admit you're wrong at any time.

stevew
05-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Feel free to admit you're wrong at any time.

Unlike you, I am not wrong. You can do the batch thing GE suggested and it does relocate the team for all intents and purposes. But its okay if you fail to read what he's saying. It may not be an .fga file, but its definately one of the files set up on the commish's computer.

sovereignstar
05-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Unlike you, I am not wrong. You can do the batch thing GE suggested and it does relocate the team for all intents and purposes. But its okay if you fail to read what he's saying. It may not be an .fga file, but its definately one of the files set up on the commish's computer.
No, you are wrong. Once you've started a career there is no moving a team unless your stadium proposal fails and you put in a successful bid to relocate them. That is why FOFC member cwilloughby is trying to create a utility to do so. http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/showthread.php?t=25879

cwilloughby
05-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the "utility request thread"-love sovereignstar. Judging by the lack of response, however, this may not be a possible option. Unless we could get fido to open his data format findings, that is.