PDA

View Full Version : NEW LEAGUE!!

Cringer
05-28-2004, 02:38 AM
I am starting a new league. It will be called the Imperial Football League.

The IFL will NOT start for another month to month and a half. I am just learning HTML (and I mean just started today) and have a nothing web site and message board set up.

This will be a 100% fictional league, teams and players. I already have teams set up, but I would let new owners change nicknames as long as they provide a logo that goes with it. If you look at my so-called website, you may notice teams that have rosters, ignore that, I was just doing some testing. There will be an initial draft. This league will be 1 game a week. Done on Monday mornings most likely, with a FA period late saturdays. (I know it's slow, but this is what I can do because of my job)

I know the start for this league may not be for some time from now, but I wanted to give it time for owners to sign up, as I am sure the pool of owners is getting thin now. Also, I want to work on a web page. If anyone who is looking to become an owner, and would like to be a big part of the league by helping with the webpage, I would welcome your help with open arms. Otherwise, I am going to be trying to learn what I can and trying to get up something that isn't too butt ugly.

Email me here from IFL HQ! (http://www.geocities.com/[email protected])

EDIT: Changed League name

sachmo71
05-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Copyright infringment! :D

http://www.thecfl.net/

fantastic flying froggies
05-28-2004, 10:04 AM
Get yourself another league name !

:D

Cringer
05-28-2004, 10:41 AM
HA! Sorry guys, missed your league somehow!

Alright, so it will have a different name, but the rest will be what I said.

sachmo71
05-28-2004, 10:45 AM
I think the world will be ok with two Continental leagues, as long as no one get's confused.

Cringer
05-28-2004, 11:14 AM
I think the world will be ok with two Continental leagues, as long as no one get's confused.

I'm sure it would be ok. But I don't want to step on anyones toes either. It is early and easy to change........already decided on another name I think.

(I hope no one has this one, I haven't seen it.)

Imperial Football League.

fantastic flying froggies
05-28-2004, 12:24 PM
There 's been a couple of IFL around, independant and internet methinks, but I'm almost positive there is no Imperial Football League.

Good luck with the new league !

Cringer
05-28-2004, 12:42 PM
There 's been a couple of IFL around, independant and internet methinks, but I'm almost positive there is no Imperial Football League.

Good luck with the new league !

Ya, I was in the now defunct Independent and am currently in the Internet Football League.

Imperial Football League it is!

Guys interested in a somewhat slow league, join on up.

My other option would be to do back to back sims on Sunday and Monday, with a FA sim squeezed in, but only if a majority of guys would be able to handle that. Otherwise it is one game a week.

Cringer
05-31-2004, 12:40 AM
I am starting to get a few guys to sign up now. No rush as I have said it will not start for atleast another month, max 6 weeks. You can look at my very temporary web page, forgive the yahoo adds. This will be my page until i purchase a domain, which will be when i am happy with my ability to put up a decent site.

If you do want to join now, I will be much more flexible about leting you pick what city your team is in, at some point i will make new guys pick from the teams i have listed.

Imperial Football League (http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/index.html)

RendeR
05-31-2004, 03:20 PM
Can you play in two leagues at the same time? how does it affect the files in your FOF2004 folder?

let me know what it would take and I might be interested in taking over a team. I'd like the Team to be in the AFC in New Orleans. I'll hve a team nickname and logo ready if I can actually get into things.

RaginCajun
05-31-2004, 04:05 PM
RendeR, yes you can, here is the thread on your topic. You may have to repeat process for additional leagues. Give it a try. Send me a PM if you have questions.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showpost.php?p=345892&postcount=51

Cringer
05-31-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks Ragin, i forgot about that thread.

RendeR, follow that thread as it is probably much better then the way i do it. I sent you a PM about this and teams open

Cringer
06-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Leaving for work, will be gone until saturday. If you want to contact me please email me from the temporary web page. I can get my email on the road.

http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/index.html

RendeR
06-01-2004, 03:50 PM
I emailed you regarding a new team!

Cringer
06-05-2004, 05:20 AM
The Imperial League has updated the temporary website. This is very close to what the final website will look like, and will give you more of an idea about the league I hope. Most of the links should work, although some stuff is left off until I am closer to starting the league. I will be getting a domain and web host in about two weeks, so the damn pop ups will be gone. Hope this will show that this league is serious, and that it will be starting and sticking around. The website might not be the greatest in the world, but it is my first attemp, i hope to improve as time goes on, and maybe somebody can show me some things. Email me to Join, go look at the website.

http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/

RaginCajun
06-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, this will be a great league! Cringer is putting his heart and soul into it and the website is awesome! Get your team early.

Darkiller
06-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Good luck with this new FOF league !

famatu
06-05-2004, 04:37 PM
HA! Sorry guys, missed your league somehow!

Alright, so it will have a different name, but the rest will be what I said.

If you allow international teams how about the IFL - International Football League?

Cringer
06-05-2004, 09:33 PM
If you allow international teams how about the IFL - International Football League?

Good suggestion, but I have decided to go with Imperial Football League.
EDIT: Imperial was the new name I went with, I had originally named it Continental, that was the name already taken.

I will be allowing international teams if requested though. Already have one that signed up today.

If you are looking for a league let me know.

Cringer
06-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Slots open guys, sign on up. I am gonna try all I can to make this a good league.

Cringer
06-07-2004, 12:10 PM
I have decided on a start date for the Imperial Football League. We will hold the allocation draft on the weekend of June 26th-27th. Sign up, and build your team from the begining.

Visit the temporary website and (still little used) message board to see how things are shaping up. Link is in this thread several times and in my signature.

Cringer
06-13-2004, 01:31 PM
The official Imperial League website has been launched! Please check it out and get yourself a team!

We are starting 2 weeks from today, June 27th, in the evening with an allocation draft. It will be live for as long as guys wish to do it, or until my wife threatens to kill me, whichever is first. We hope to get in atleast 10-15 rounds.

If you want a team, you may want to sign up now. Next week I will be starting the game and releasing league files. This means you will no longer be able to choose what city you want you team in. You can still pick you nickname after that, just not the city. Many openings still, sign up guys!

Imperial Football League (http://www.imperialfl.us)

sovereignstar
06-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Nice work, Jonathan. Though Mozilla Firefox doesn't deal with that site very well at all. http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

Cringer
06-14-2004, 12:54 AM
It doesn't? I use Opera, it comes out fine for the most part, except the border round the index pages picture for some reason is a different color then it should be and is on explorer. I have no idea though, newbie at the website thing and all.

Thanks for the compliment though, the Sportspage kinda sucks right now, and that is what I want to improve the most and try to make one of the main focuses, if not the main focus of the site.

sovereignstar
06-14-2004, 01:14 AM
I was probably a little misleading. It's the slide menu that is a problem (and not a large one by any means). It just lags when trying to open it.

I still have IE ready to go whenever it's needed. :)

Cringer
06-14-2004, 03:08 AM
I was probably a little misleading. It's the slide menu that is a problem (and not a large one by any means). It just lags when trying to open it.

I still have IE ready to go whenever it's needed. :)

Yeah, the slide menu lags a little on Opera, too. Although it is not so bad that I worry too much anyways.

Cringer
06-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Ok, a little update here. The Imperial Football League now has its official message board up, leaving the one we had as a back up board. I have also added a chat room to the website, which we will use for drafts and any chatting guys want to do (like between owners for trades and such, for guys who don't like AIM).

Check it all out, and sign up for a team soon. Starting next week you will no longer be able to choose your city.